Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Finally Interesting

Thoughts - Week Finally Interesting
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »
FINALLY an interesting weekend of college football.  A few upsets, some hijinks, some scares, some drama - this was a much needed Saturday. 

Alabama

- Very talented, yada, yada, but that was a SLOPPY performance.  Turnovers galore, missed tackles, relying on the big play too often.

- Amari Cooper is a stud.  I didn't realize it before.  I mean, I knew he had some speed, but he's probably the best receiver in the country.  Though I disagree with Gary and Verne's splooge comments about how he and Julio Jones will be the #1 and #2 receivers in the NFL in a few years.

- Blake Sims scares me.  Not that I think he's all that spectacular.  I think his performance was more on Florida's shitty defensive play calling.  But he's fast and quick.  I can't remember an Auburn defense in a long time including Tuberville years being able to really stop a running quarterback that can throw. 

- Speaking of Gary and Verne splooge comments, anyone else hear Gary compare Kenyon Drake to Reggie Bush?

- Also on that play, that was not some maniacal ingenuity by Lane Kiffin.  Florida allowed their middle linebacker to split wide to play cornerback without safety help. 

Florida

- Muschamp is done.  That was one of the more piss-poor efforts on defense I've seen since the last time I watched Texas A&M play football.  What's Muschamp's specialty?  Defense?

LSU

- Miles should bolt while he has a chance. The Tigers looked uninspired. With Auburn putting together a dominant program, Alabama being where they are, Miss State pounding ass, Ole Miss getting 8-9 wins, and Arkansas pushing you to the 4th quarter in Fat Bert's first terrible, bad, god-awful year, LSU is going to see a significant drop off over the next few years.

Florida State

- Is this the most despicable program in the country?  You know, after the bullshit the media threw at Auburn and Cam Newton, it seems like the celebrities of college football have gotten worse and worse.  Cam's been involved in charity, volunteering, and promoting a positive lifestyle in the wake of numerous NFL scandals.  What are the rest of the big college guys doing?  Johnny Money Manziel?  Jameis Rapist Winston? 

- And how fucking retarded does Winston have to be to STILL DRESS OUT FOR THE GAME?  You know why he still dressed out?  Because he's a moron OR because the leniency of Florida State (and Tallahassee) has enabled him to think that being suspended means he can still play if he wants to. 

- Jimbo Fisher at the end of the game last night said that Winston was still a good kid and sometimes you have to discipline your kids if they step out of line.  If my kid admitted to running trains on drunk girls that he later dropped off in parking lots and if my kid stole food from grocery stores and if my kid screamed absurdly inappropriate sexual comments in the middle of a large crowd of people, I'm probably either disowning him or if I really care about him, getting him some serious help.  I'm also going to remove him from the environment that is enabling that kind of behavior. 

- It really is despicable when I think about it.  The police department doing jack shit to really investigate Winston's rape charge.  The university waiting a year and a half later to run through the motions to see if Winston should be kicked out of school (he won't be).  The football and baseball coaches doing very little to improve Winston's decision making.  Awful what big business has done to athletics.  A college sports program should be an environment that fosters characters in athletes ESPECIALLY if they come from a bad home town. 

Clemson

- Hahahahahhaa Dabo. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Thoughts - Week Finally Interesting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »
We interrupt this episode of To Catch a Predator to bring you the Florida State vs Clemson game.
Surely I wasn't the only one that finally started throwing things at the television every time the camera panned to The Rapist on the sidelines (approximately 6,395 times, or once every 1.245 minutes for Chizad)?

That would have made a great drinking game btw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »
Jabooboo Winston proved what women in Tallahassee have known for a long time.

He doesn't understand the meaning of the word "No"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »
I hold Auburn responsible for a great deal of the extended leash the alleged rapist has been given.
I know, logical right?

Cooper runs right by corners but he also shines in traffic.
Prescott might be a 1/2 step slower than Sims which is why I think State will be a problem... Alabama as well with the weapons and bad matchups they present-for anybody.

I have been wrong twice but Miles is going to linger on much longer than he should.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 10:52:56 AM »
After SC and LSU looking like they did last night, MSU looks to be a tougher game on Auburns schedule and MSU has the good guys at home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
With Hoke about to be out at Meeeeechigan, look for Les Miles to hear Momma callin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:49:29 AM »
Florida had the right gameplan:  sell out to stop the run, and make Sims beat you.  The problem is that the Gaytor secondary apparently  can't cover a peewee team.

Sims was unexpectedly good, but the UF defense made his coming out party (heeeeeey, queen!) especially easy.

Also, Dabo is the worst coach in the world.  Kick and get SOME OT points on the board, you tard.  From Twitter: "a reality show called Bobo and Dabo...they live in a house together and make bad decisions."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:53:33 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »
Also, Dabo is the worst coach in the world.  Kick and get SOME OT points on the board, you tard.
Or how about NOT lining up 9 yards back in the shotgun on 4th & inches within the 20 in OT? Have your QB fall forward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
Florida had the right gameplan:  sell out to stop the run, and make Sims beat you.  The problem is that the Gaytor secondary apparently  can't cover a peewee team.

Sims was unexpectedly good, but the UF defense made his coming out party (heeeeeey, queen!) especially easy.

Also, Dabo is the worst coach in the world.  Kick and get SOME OT points on the board, you tard.  From Twitter: "a reality show called Bobo and Dabo...they live in a house together and make bad decisions."
Florida needs more Hargreaves and you are right about their plan. And there is no beating Bammer with Coich Kiffin's awesome play selection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 12:19:53 PM »
Just to put the gump passing numbers in perspective. Patrick Towles of Kentucky 379 yards passing vs UF and 3 TDs. Garrett Johnson had 6 catches for 154 yards and 2 TDs against the best DB in CFB.

Will also add, Henry will not last the season. Guy looks like a propped up sheet of plywood running with the football. Drake is by far the best rb they have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »
Just to put the gump passing numbers in perspective. Patrick Towles of Kentucky 379 yards passing vs UF and 3 TDs. Garrett Johnson had 6 catches for 154 yards and 2 TDs against the best DB in CFB.

Will also add, Henry will not last the season. Guy looks like a propped up sheet of plywood running with the football. Drake is by far the best rb they have.

Hargreaves is overrated. Yeah I said it.

Was more impressive with MacEnroes twin brother at Clemson holding Rashad Greene in check for the most part. Aside from the big play where the db fell down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »

Drake and Yeldon are like slot receivers. This is the best group of skill players I've ever seen on a college team. No excuse for not putting up a heap of offensive stats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »
Drake and Yeldon are like slot receivers. This is the best group of skill players I've ever seen on a college team. No excuse for not putting up a heap of offensive stats.
You can tell Drake isn't one of the midget's favorites. Guy fumbles one time and don't see the field again till the 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 12:47:46 PM »
You can tell Drake isn't one of the midget's favorites. Guy fumbles one time and don't see the field again till the 4th.
One more thing about Henry...better get the guy before he breaks the line of scrimmage because that's one thick-assed sheet of plywood, and I didn't see anybody from Florida looking to hit him square. Lucky for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »
One more thing about Henry...better get the guy before he breaks the line of scrimmage because that's one thick-assed sheet of plywood, and I didn't see anybody from Florida looking to hit him square. Lucky for them.
He got popped a couple of times. Once he gets going downhill he can be a load but that guy has horrible pad level. Clog the middle and he won't beat you by bouncing it outside. Hes a poor man Brandon Jacobs at best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »
He got popped a couple of times. Once he gets going downhill he can be a load but that guy has horrible pad level. Clog the middle and he won't beat you by bouncing it outside. Hes a poor man Brandon Jacobs at best.
Yeah well Brandon Jacobs' destroyed defenders for quite a few seasons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 01:38:30 PM »

Most bad-assed wedge-buster evAr!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »
Maybe I should've said homeless man's version.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 06:15:59 PM »
Auburn has the most ranked teams on their schedule with EIGHT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs