Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Finally Interesting

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Thoughts - Week Finally Interesting
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 05:43:16 PM »
West Virginia has the #5 passing offense, and #10 total offense in the country.  Their QB is 2nd in the country in regards to total passing yards.  For the most part, they went toe-to-toe with Alabama and Oklahoma.  Pretty good offense, so-so defense.  Sorry, but WVU would blow San Jose State out of the water.  Not that it is that much to crow about.  Most Power 5 teams would.  Even though I also don't think that UF is nearly as good as some thought they were going to be, sorry, but I don't see them struggling against SJSU.  FAU and USM, probably.  They're cupcakes, no question about it.

If Alabama turns the ball over against the Auburns and the LSUs of the world like they did against UF, it isn't going to be pretty.  There are plenty of areas where improvement is needed.  However relatively speaking, given all the things that really could have went wrong, I'm OK with where Alabama is right now.  UF may not have been the greatest measuring stick, but it was a better challenge than FAU and USM.  All you can do is play the game on your schedule and win.
This is all true, but I think the main point remains:

Arkansas > UF
Kansas St. > West Virginia
San Jose State > Southern Miss
BYE Week = FAU

And we played them all about the same.

The media is portraying it exactly the opposite, but them's the facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »
Fuck I'm worried about us as well as we have to play No. 2, No. 7, No. 11, No. 13, No. 15, No. 16 and No. 18. Four on the road. We sure as shit better not play like we did Thursday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »
In other news from this past week...just read where Brett Bolemia texted congrats to Gus after the win at KSU.  Gus and Brett...BFF's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:06 PM »
In other news from this past week...just read where Brett Bolemia texted congrats to Gus after the win at KSU.  Gus and Brett...BFF's

I know Bert is a big fat fuck, but that's not a nice thing to say about Malzhan.  He works out and everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »
I plan to send a congratulatory present to Chizad if he wins the BFTC.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:37:06 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »

Thats a different game.  Battle for the cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
Thats a different game.  Battle for the cock.

Like a **** in a box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »
Like a **** in a box.
Like a turd in a box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »
I can't remember an Auburn defense in a long time including Tuberville years being able to really stop a running quarterback that can throw.

KSU Jake Waters.
(v. Stephen F. Austin)
19-28 223yds 2 TDs 1 int.
17 rushes 55 yds 2 TDs
3 sacks -20yds. (That goes against the rushing yardage)

(v. Iowa St)
16-29 239yds
20 rushes 138yds 2 TDs
2 sacks -5yds.

(v. Auburn)
24-40 245 2 ints.
11 rushes -7 yds.
3 sacks -14yds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »
I saw that about the fat fuck's tweet. He wants Auburn to do well to make them losing to us not seem so bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:34 AM »
KSU Jake Waters.
(v. Stephen F. Austin)
19-28 223yds 2 TDs 1 int.
17 rushes 55 yds 2 TDs
3 sacks -20yds. (That goes against the rushing yardage)

(v. Iowa St)
16-29 239yds
20 rushes 138yds 2 TDs
2 sacks -5yds.

(v. Auburn)
24-40 245 2 ints.
11 rushes -7 yds.
3 sacks -14yds.
We knew we had to stop that QB draw, and we did.
There was a *Bleacher Report article written beforehand cautioning about Big 12 officials being tough against defenders making contact with receivers and I think we learned the hard way early  on which might have affected our approach the rest of the game. Should expect the obligatory holding calls otr/ooc especially when we have 30 or 40 pounds on them.
We started playing too deep and Garrett got matched against Welker Jr. but we got through it. K. State's offense is very similar to that of Ole Piss so it was a good test.

*B/R is often like a 2nd grade reader with pictures but occasionally you can find something worthwhile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 07:33:51 AM »
Watching the first half of the Kansas State game for the first time this morning. 

Questions:

1) Why are the fans mooing before every play?  That sounds really stupid. 

2) Didn't know they had an open date the week before us, too. Explains a little bit. 

3) We seem to be struggling with the turf.  Lots of slipping and falling.

4) Marshall made the wrong read three out of the first four times he tried that play. 

That is all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »
Watching the first half of the Kansas State game for the first time this morning. 

Questions:

1) Why are the fans mooing before every play?  That sounds really stupid. 

2) Didn't know they had an open date the week before us, too. Explains a little bit. 

3) We seem to be struggling with the turf.  Lots of slipping and falling.

4) Marshall made the wrong read three out of the first four times he tried that play. 

That is all.

I am going to have to disregard what you say about football for about a week now because you said Miss. State was horrible. You need to try and regain some credibility before you post anything football related. Maybe try some more funny movie posts and I will forget about it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
I am going to have to disregard what you say about football for about a week now because you said Miss. State was horrible. You need to try and regain some credibility before you post anything football related. Maybe try some more funny movie posts and I will forget about it...

State isn't good.  You will see.  I was surprised they beat LSU but I think that says more about LSU than it does State. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »
State isn't good.  You will see.  I was surprised they beat LSU but I think that says more about LSU than it does State.

I'm in agreeancement with the K-Man. 

I think Miss State is very much improved, but they aren't as good as they appeared.  LSU's offense was god-awful.  Like possibly 2012 Auburn awful.  Outside of a few speedy receivers that occasionally catch the deep ball, LSU has absolutely nothing in terms of offensive identity. 

Miss State's offense was much better, but somehow Dak Prescott has gained a significant amount of speed.  Or maybe LSU's defense took poor angles and was extremely soft.  I think the fact that Dillon Day was able to stomach-stomp two LSU players without any kind of retribution said a lot about the state of LSU's defense.  The LSU defense from 2011 would have broken that fat chump's sternum if he tried that bullshit.  This LSU defense responded by allowing Dak stiff arm them on the way to a touchdown. 

I think the big area of improvement with Miss State is simply leadership.  They weren't rattled by LSU's stadium.  Most good teams aren't rattled by being the visitor.  Does Miss State have the talent and coaching to really hang with the big dogs of the SEC?  Alabama?  Auburn?  Texas A&M?  Ole Miss?  Can they do that week in and week out as the bumps and bruises accumulate?  As game film paints their portrait? 

I'll be surprised if they keep this up.  I'll be surprised if they lose less than three games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
This

Little bit being MSU playing over their heads...a lot being LSU playing badly.

At the end (which no one seems to want to talk about), MSU really shit the bed and let down their guard. They basically went MSU of old. Yeah, try playing 45 mins like that against a good team. Ask Auburn about the UGA game last year. Shit will get you kilt holmes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »
State is better than Ole Miss. Period.

TAMU gets at least one tough half out of Arky since the start of the season. About time.
Hill has been throwing to wide open receivers just like Sims.
So how good is TAMU w/o the hype?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »
The next few weeks in the West are going to be fun to watch.  Don't know if we'll be able to determine much when some of the dust settles but these are the games where we'll hear the term "Beat each other up" said a lot.  Texas A & M and Arky should be fun.  Strength against weakness on both sides.  A & M will be flinging the ball around against a very suspect Hawg secondary while you know the Faggies won't be able to slow down the running game.  Gonna' pull for Arky in that one.  Then A & M goes to Starkvegas. I hope Sumlin hangs a Hundo on em'.  Probably won't but I'll be hoping.

Only drawback is there's gonna' be a ton of putrid red and maroon and ugly shit in both games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
Only drawback is there's gonna' be a ton of putrid red and maroon and ugly shit in both games.

Lots of cowbells and people molesting collies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."