Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Carry on

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Carry on
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »
You needs to be getting excited about this kid.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/new_all-american_kerryon_johns.html
Print
Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com By  Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on September 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM, updated September 17, 2014
Auburn Recruiting
MADISON, Alabama -- Kerryon Johnson is officially an Under Armour All-American.

The Auburn commit accepted his invitation Wednesday morning at Madison Academy as family, friends coaches and classmates turned out to show their support.

"I'm very excited," Johnson said after putting on his game jersey. "Not every athlete gets to go through this. I have to use it to my advantage and keep it up, it's a high standard to live up to.

"Being able to be recognized as one of the (top 90) athletes all over the country, that's huge."

Johnson, a versatile 6-foot, 200-pound athlete is one of five Auburn pledges who will participate in the Under Armour All-American game in St. Petersburg, Fla. The other Tiger commits expected to play are offensive lineman Bailey Sharp, safety Jordan Colbert, linebacker Richard McBryde and athlete D'Anfernee McGriff.

Johnson is still being recruited by other schools, particularly Alabama, but his commitment to Auburn appears firm.

"It's so relaxing knowing you don't have to take visits every week to try to figure out where I want to go," he said. "Knowing you have a school that's going to accept you that you know you want to go is such a relaxation. I get to enjoy my senior football season."

Kerryon Johnson selected as Under Armour All-American

Auburn commit Kerryon Johnson accepts his invitation to the Under Armour All-America Game at Madison Academy on Sept. 17, 2014. (Wesley Sinor/wsinor@al.com)

The Mr. Football candidate, has led Madison Academy to back-to-back Class 3A state championships while racking up 3,500 rushing yards and 60 touchdowns in his first three seasons. He is ranked second on AL.com's annual "A-List" of the top senior football prospects and plays multiple positions for the Mustangs (4-1), including running back, receiver, kick returner and cornerback.

As for his future career at Auburn, Johnson says the coaching staff on the Plains plan on giving him playing time at both running back and slot receiver.

"That really depends on how quickly I can learn the offense," he said. "If you don't know what you're doing, you're never going to play. So that depends on me more than anything, getting into the system and working hard."

Johnson says he's confident in his hands after having played multiple positions in high school, which could give him an advantage when he's fighting for reps in Gus Malzahn's offensive scheme.

"It's not going to be anything new coming into college," He said. "I'm going to know how to play the position and going to have experience there that a lot of other pure running backs don't get. I feel like that gives me a chance to get more playing time early, because of the different things I can do."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Carry on
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »
So now that he has the proper credentials, he can officially flip?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 03:51:53 PM »
So now that he has the proper credentials, he can officially flip?
You need to wash your whore mouth out with Clorox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »
You need to wash your whore mouth out with Clorox.

Johnson is still being recruited by other schools, particularly Alabama....

Notice that little blurb?  The obligatory mention that regardless of how many times he says it...no matter how loud and emphatically he says he's 100% firm to Auburn...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »
Johnson is still being recruited by other schools, particularly Alabama....

Notice that little blurb?  The obligatory mention that regardless of how many times he says it...no matter how loud and emphatically he says he's 100% firm to Auburn...
Well, you know what they say. If Saban really wants him, you know....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
Well, you know what they say. If Saban really wants him, you know....

I need Kerryon, aiight?  Go and make it so.

Yes, Lord Saybinz.  Right away, Lord Saybinz.  Quickly, to the vault. Where does his father work?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions