Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ISIS Beheads American Journalist

ISIS Beheads American Journalist
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:49:28 PM »
Time for Mike Brown story to join the Syrian Civil War, the situation in Crimea, and the Israel-Hezbollah fighting. 

ISIS has beheaded an American journalist and sent a video of it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/meast/isis-james-foley/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- A video released by ISIS shows the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley and threatens the life of another American if President Barack Obama doesn't end military operations in Iraq.
In the video posted Tuesday on YouTube, Foley is seen kneeling next to a man dressed in black. He reads a message, presumably scripted by his captors, that his "real killer'' is America.
"I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope for freedom to see my family once again," Foley can be heard saying in the video.
 W.H. reacts to journalist's beheading
He is then shown being beheaded.
The National Security Council is aware of the video.
"The intelligence community is working as quickly as possible to determine its authenticity. If genuine, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American journalist and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends. We will provide more information when it is available," NSC spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said.
What to know about ISIS
Foley disappeared in November 2012 in northwest Syria, near the border with Turkey. He was reportedly forced into a vehicle by gunmen; he was not heard from again. At the time of his disappearance, he was working for the GlobalPost.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Facebook group set up to support Foley and his family, "Free James Foley," wrote, "We know that many of you are looking for confirmation or answers. Please be patient until we all have more information, and keep the Foleys in your thoughts and prayers."
The video also shows another American journalist. His life is said by the militants in the video to hang in the balance, depending on what Obama does next.
U.S. Official: ISIS 'credible alternative to al Qaeda'
The journalist is believed to be Steven Sotloff, who was kidnapped at the Syria-Turkey border in 2013. Sotloff is a contributor to Time and Foreign Policy magazines.
As a freelancer, Foley picked up work for a number of major media outlets, including Agence France-Presse and GlobalPost.
"On behalf of John and Diane Foley, and also GlobalPost, we deeply appreciate all of the messages of sympathy and support that have poured in since the news of Jim's possible execution first broke," Philip Balboni, GlobalPost CEO and co-founder, said in a published statement.
"We have been informed that the FBI is in the process of evaluating the video posted by the Islamic State to determine if it is authentic. Until we have that determination, we will not be in a position to make any further statement. We ask for your prayers for Jim and his family."
Foley had previously been taken captive in Libya. He was detained there in April 2011 along with three other reporters and released six weeks later.
Who is the ISIS?
Afterward, he said that what saddened him most was knowing that he was causing his family to worry.
Foley grew up in New Hampshire and graduated from Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism in 2008. Like other young journalists who came of age after the September 11 terror attacks and American wars overseas, Foley was drawn to Iraq, Afghanistan and other areas of conflict.
Friends described Foley as fair, curious and impressively even-tempered.
"Everybody, everywhere, takes a liking to Jim as soon as they meet him," journalist Clare Morgana Gillis wrote in a blog post about him in May 2013, six months after he disappeared in Syria.
"Men like him for his good humor and tendency to address everyone as 'bro' or 'homie' or 'dude' after the first handshake. Women like him for his broad smile, broad shoulders, and because, well, women just like him."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: ISIS Beheads American Journalist
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »
I guess the apology tour, reset, leading form behind, or whatever you call this baffoon's foreign policy hasn't worked out very well after all.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:55:56 PM »
The dumpster fire started thousand of years ago, and we have no business meddling in foreign affairs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:33:59 AM »
We should have fought the war like a war should be fought in the first place. Not like Vietnam or OIF.  Those wars were fought behind the desk in Washington.  I'm not saying that we should have gone to war in the first place, but since we did, we should have fought it like a war we were trying to win.  Not the hearts and minds of the people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:57:55 AM »
The dumpster fire started thousand of years ago, and we have no business meddling in foreign affairs.

Meddling, no. But you do know ISIS happened because of good people doing NOTHING right?

There is a right way to withdrawal from a conflict and exit an area.....Barry absolutely screwed the exit up. Everyone who was anyone advised him this was not the way to do it. You do not annouce dates, positions, numbers, etc publically. You basically give the enemy your game plan. And they act on it.

Just to be fair...Bush should have never had us there to begn with. It was a total waste of lives and money. But we do have every right to keep a eye on, and act upon serious threats against us. And these people (ISIS) have declared us, Israel, Kurds and others their enemy. And that they are coming. Doing nothing in response is not a viable response. See Chamberlain and Hitler late 1930's.

Whether the Ron Paul/Alex Jones gullable moonbats want to actually believe history or not, these guys (Islamists) have been at this for 1300 years. Their mindset and mission has NOTHING to do with American occupation or meddling. Its merely given them an excuse to justify their henious acts the last 50-60 years. The jihad has been going on in the name of Islam since the 7th/8th century.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:04:08 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »
Why is she being so mean?  Menopause?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »
We should have fought the war like a war should be fought in the first place. Not like Vietnam or OIF.  Those wars were fought behind the desk in Washington.  I'm not saying that we should have gone to war in the first place, but since we did, we should have fought it like a war we were trying to win.  Not the hearts and minds of the people.

Exactly.  We're trained to kill people and break things.  If you don't want things broken or people killed, don't send us in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Exactly.  We're trained to kill people and break things.  If you don't want things broken or people killed, don't send us in.

You don't say much sir but when you do it's direct and to the point and I salute you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 10:46:49 AM »
There is a right way to withdrawal from a conflict and exit an area.....Barry absolutely screwed the exit up. Everyone who was anyone advised him this was not the way to do it. You do not annouce dates, positions, numbers, etc publically. You basically give the enemy your game plan. And they act on it.

This right here from GH^^^  Been saying this for a while.  Why the hell we announce our every move to the world just blows my mind.  Hold on Machmud.  The infidel American dogs are leaving in 2 weeks.  We wait and blow shit up then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »

Otherwise, you would all be MPs....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »
The photos going around show him on his knees with the camel jockey behind him.  One of them shows the jockey holding a knife with about a 6" blade.  Don't know if that's what they used but if so....holy shit that's one hell of a bad way to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »

This right here from GH^^^  Been saying this for a while.  Why the hell we announce our every move to the world just blows my mind.  Hold on Machmud.  The infidel American dogs are leaving in 2 weeks.  We wait and blow shit up then.

When, what, where, and how much. Those fuckers pay attention to this shit. And act accordingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »
Patton and MacArthur.....balls.....titanium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »
Patton and MacArthur.....balls.....titanium.

Don't forget Chesty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 02:30:01 PM »
Don't forget Chesty.

Yes, they both wore Chesty pajamas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
Don't forget Chesty.
Agree.

Was more refering to how the guys over the theaters back then handled war fare. War was war. And meant to be won.

Favorite Chesty quote: "They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29 to 1. They can't get away from us now!"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:44:01 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 02:42:54 PM »
Agree.

Was more refering to how the guys over the theaters back then handled war fare. War was war. And meant to be won.

Favorite Chesty quote: "They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29 to 1. They can't get away from us now!"

But this one is the truest.

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t
be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »
Meddling, no. But you do know ISIS happened because of good people doing NOTHING right?

Just to be fair...Bush should have never had us there to begn with. It was a total waste of lives and money. But we do have every right to keep a eye on, and act upon serious threats against us. And these people (ISIS) have declared us, Israel, Kurds and others their enemy. And that they are coming. Doing nothing in response is not a viable response. See Chamberlain and Hitler late 1930's.

Whether the Ron Paul/Alex Jones gullable moonbats want to actually believe history or not, these guys (Islamists) have been at this for 1300 years. Their mindset and mission has NOTHING to do with American occupation or meddling. Its merely given them an excuse to justify their henious acts the last 50-60 years. The jihad has been going on in the name of Islam since the 7th/8th century.

Ummm, I thought the Ron Paul Revolutionaries touted the line "they have been doing this since the beginning of time, why should we get involved?".  It's not that they didn't believe in the history, they just chose to say basically, "let them kill themselves like they always have.".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »
Ummm, I thought the Ron Paul Revolutionaries touted the line "they have been doing this since the beginning of time, why should we get involved?".  It's not that they didn't believe in the history, they just chose to say basically, "let them kill themselves like they always have.".

I usually agree with Von Mises on most things (mainly economics) but on foreign policy they are not sure what they want to believe. They really oversimplify things.

http://mises.org/daily/2588

The difference in now is that we are the target (mainly because of ties with Israel and high Christian population). Back then, other countries in the region were the target of Islam crusades. When you are square in the crosshairs of people who behead folks for fun, its wise to at least get your head out of the sand.

Gop is too interventionist.

Liberals and Lbertarians turn too much of a blind eye.

Reagan toed the line nicely IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:55:46 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE