Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ISIS Beheads American Journalist

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: ISIS Beheads American Journalist
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 04:51:24 PM »
I usually agree with Von Mises on most things (mainly economics) but on foreign policy they are not sure what they want to believe. They really oversimplify things.

http://mises.org/daily/2588

The difference in now is that we are the target (mainly because of ties with Israel and high Christian population). Back then, other countries in the region were the target of Islam crusades. When you are square in the crosshairs of people who behead folks for fun, its wise to at least get your head out of the sand.

Gop is too interventionist.

Liberals and Lbertarians turn too much of a blind eye.

Reagan toed the line nicely IMHO.

Agree, Reagan was great with foreign policy.  GOP, whatever they are now, are too hawkish and yes Libertarians turn too much of a blind eye.  In a perfect world that works, but since we don't manufacture anything for ourselves anymore and have to have a world presence we can't be isolationist.  Even if by a miracle Paul had been elected he would have never got any of his foreign policy through congress.  Damn good on economic and domestic policy, but foreign policy, not so much.  One reason I was afraid to cast my ballot for the man.  I knew his foreign policy wouldn't pass and I also knew that AL was going red no matter what.

I was just carrying on about the Ron Paul Revolutionaries to get a rise out of own Alex Jones.  I haven't seen him get on a good tangent and post off the wall links in a while. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »
Meddling, no. But you do know ISIS happened because of good people doing NOTHING right?

There is a right way to withdrawal from a conflict and exit an area.....Barry absolutely screwed the exit up. Everyone who was anyone advised him this was not the way to do it. You do not annouce dates, positions, numbers, etc publically. You basically give the enemy your game plan. And they act on it.

Just to be fair...Bush should have never had us there to begn with. It was a total waste of lives and money. But we do have every right to keep a eye on, and act upon serious threats against us. And these people (ISIS) have declared us, Israel, Kurds and others their enemy. And that they are coming. Doing nothing in response is not a viable response. See Chamberlain and Hitler late 1930's.

Whether the Ron Paul/Alex Jones gullable moonbats want to actually believe history or not, these guys (Islamists) have been at this for 1300 years. Their mindset and mission has NOTHING to do with American occupation or meddling. Its merely given them an excuse to justify their henious acts the last 50-60 years. The jihad has been going on in the name of Islam since the 7th/8th century.

Didn't Barry ask for $50 million to fund ISIS?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:53 AM »

This is true. Hence, he did nothing to stop any threat.

But wait, I said GOOD people right? Well damn, I was totally wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »

$500 million actually. 

It was to fund and train rebels against Syria.  Not necessarily ISIS but some of the rebels would have been connected to ISIS and thus ISIS would have their hands on some if not all of the money. 

Why do we keep the Middle East in a constant state of disarray?  This isn't a Obama issue.  We've done this for decades - arm rebels to topple governments and sometimes (Iraq) topple them ourselves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 12:53:01 PM »
$500 million actually. 

It was to fund and train rebels against Syria.  Not necessarily ISIS but some of the rebels would have been connected to ISIS and thus ISIS would have their hands on some if not all of the money. 

Why do we keep the Middle East in a constant state of disarray?  This isn't a Obama issue.  We've done this for decades - arm rebels to topple governments and sometimes (Iraq) topple them ourselves.
We give them guns so that we can go to war against them a few years later. If they didn't have guns, we would be shooting unarmed people. That would not be fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
We give them guns so that we can go to war against them a few years later. If they didn't have guns, we would be shooting unarmed people. That would not be fair.

Might cause a riot, in fact
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »
Well actually, riots could never happen in the U.S. but in other countries, yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »

This hussel did not go unnoticed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 01:09:42 PM »

So a lot of there people don't seem to have jobs and can just run the street?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »
$500 million actually. 

Carter, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama - all suck at this game. Even LBJ was the same way in Southeast Asia when Kennedy (or Goldwater) would have stayed out of the quagmire. Already bad places that we put in disarray worse than we find it. Hey look there's a fire, lets pour some gas on it. Cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »

Pretty much...this has been done for decades now, and by both sides of the aisle.  Looks like we never learn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »
Carter, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama - all suck at this game. Even LBJ was the same way in Southeast Asia when Kennedy (or Goldwater) would have stayed out of the quagmire. Already bad places that we put in disarray worse than we find it. Hey look there's a fire, lets pour some gas on it. Cool.

I agree 100% with your premise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 07:02:58 AM »
Hey look there's a fire, lets pour some gas on it. Cool.

This man can do it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
So. Did the great ONE knock out ISIS on the 8th hole or the 16th?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »
Did it again.  from teh foxnewz. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

An Internet video purports to show the beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff by the Islamic State extremist group.

The global terror intelligence firm SITE first reported the release of the 2-minute video, titled "A Second Message to America," in which Sotloff, a 31-year-old freelance journalist, speaks to the camera before a cloaked Islamic State fighter begins to decapitate him.

“I’m sure you know exactly who I am by now and why I am appearing,” Sotloff said under apparent duress. "Obama, your foreign policy of intervention in Iraq was supposed to be for preservation of American lives and interests, so why is it that I am paying the price of your interference with my life?”

The video then cuts to the masked militant warning that as long as U.S. missiles “continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people.” He also threatens the life of British captive David Cawthorne Haines.

"I'm back, Obama," said the left-handed executioner with a British accent who appears to be the same man who killed Foley. "And I'm back because of your arrogant foreign policy towards the Islamic State."

The gruesome video then shows Sotloff's severed head lying next to his body.

Government officials could not immediately verify the authenticity of the video. But Barak Barfi, a spokesman for the Sotloff family, indicated the family fears the worst.

"The family knows of this horrific tragedy and is grieving privately," Barfi told The Associated Press. "There will be no public comment from the family during this difficult time."

The grim video comes just days after Sotloff's mother, Shirley, directly addressed the leader of the Islamic State last week, saying her son shouldn't pay for U.S. government actions in the Middle East and that he cared about the weak and oppressed as a journalist.

"I want what every mother wants, to live to see her children's children," she said last week. "I plead with you to grant me this."

Shirley Sotloff cited by name the leader of the Islamic State, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has described himself as a caliph intending to lead the Muslim world. She had asked him to show mercy and follow the example of the prophet Muhammad in protecting people of Muslim, Jewish and Christian faiths.

Sotloff was last seen in August 2013 in Syria. He was recently threatened with death by the militants on a video unless the U.S. stopped airstrikes on the group in Iraq. The same video showed the beheading of fellow American journalist James Foley, 45.

Several U.S. officials, including U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., have said they were working behind the scenes to find out more about Sotloff and try to secure his release.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest could not confirm the reports when asked about the video at Tuesday’s press briefing. He noted the administration has been monitoring his situation carefully since threats were first made.

“The United States, as you know, has dedicated significant time and resources to try and rescue Mr. Sotloff,” he said, adding “thoughts and prayers” are with the family.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the intelligence community will work “as quickly as possible” to determine the video’s authenticity.

"If the video is genuine, we are sickened by this brutal act taking the life of another innocent American citizen,” she told reporters.

Pressed by Fox News, Psaki would not say whether this would constitute an act of war. She said the prior execution of journalist James Foley was a “horrific terrorist act,” and was a “motivating” factor for creating a coalition to address the Islamic State.

A spokeswoman for the National Security Council confirmed that the agency had seen the purported video.

"The intelligence community is working as quickly as possible to determine its authenticity," spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan said in a statement. "If genuine, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American journalist and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends.  We will provide more information when it is available.”

At University of Central Florida, where Sotloff studied journalism from 2002 to 2004, President John Hitt said the school is mourning the loss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »
You'll be glad to know that ISIS has apologized.....for releasing the video before they said they would.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Apparently even murderous terrorist outfits recognize the importance of news embargoes, and they feel just terrible that they let the world see them slicing off Steven Sotloff's head before the agreed-upon release time.

Hey. I used to work in media relations. You can't make mistakes like this if you want to play in the big leagues. Of course, in these times of social media and instantly viral tweets, it's so hard for cabals of brutal murderers to control the flow of information:

ISIS admitted Tuesday it released a video of a man being beheaded before it was supposed to, it has emerged.

Vocativ reported that the video - which allegedly shows the killing of Steven Sotloff - was shared through a Twitter account.

@Khattabyaz warned the first account there had been a mistake, and failed to stop the beheading video from being disseminated, the website reported.

According to the news site, ISIS then wrote on Justpaste 'A clarification about the mistake was made by "Uyun al-Ummah" account, that has published the video before the official time.

'The user saw a tweet with the video and thought it was published officially. We tried to remove the video after we understood that his was published by mistake, and we are sorry to the followers of the Islamic State.'

In a later Twitter message, those responsible apologized and asked fellow jihadis not to 'reproach' them.

I know. It's not funny at all. But the absurdity of the whole thing leaves me at a loss for how to even respond to this. When you're dealing with an enemy this cold, this calculating, this lacking in any sense of morality or decency . . . yeah, I don't even know what to do with it.

And apparently they have no shortage of followers who think it's pretty important that the release of beheading videos be timed just so, such that delicate sensitivities not be upset.

Maybe this will be the thing that gets the media clamoring for Obama to come up with a strategy. You start violating news embargoes, those people are going to be mighty unhappy.

Throughout our history, America has encountered pretty brutal enemies, but it's hard to think of one so completely unconcerned about even the pretense of decency. The only thing ISIS appears to care about is letting the world see there is no limit to its brutality. The only way to respond to that is with relentless force whose only objective is to completely destroy each and every one of these beasts.

But at least they are willing to apologize when they violate their own news embargo. That's big of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »
She had asked him to show mercy and follow the example of the prophet Muhammad in protecting people of Muslim, Jewish and Christian faiths.

The funny part ^^^

She's obviously drank the Islam kool aid on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
The "kill 'em all" strategy won't work and is dumb. This thing is growing and they are likely already in the U.S., at least I would think. How do you fight an enemy that you can't see?

I don't know the answer but sitting idle as Barry seems to have chose, isn't going to work either. We need leadership and fast.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:39:25 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2014, 09:47:11 AM »
The "kill 'em all" strategy won't work and is dumb. This thing is growing and they are likely already in the U.S., at least I would think. How do you fight an enemy that you can't see?

I don't know the answer but sitting idle as Barry seems to have chose, isn't going to work either. We need leadership and fast.

Well, you absolutely won't beat them without boots on the ground.  And no "winning of the hearts."  These guys want to die for their cause, we can arrange that.

I think, however, that the leaders in this campaign need to be the Iraqis and/or Syrians.  If the US goes in and leads, whatever is left when we leave will be ten times worse than ISIS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions