Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

KISS/Def Leppard Heros/40th Tour

chinook

KISS/Def Leppard Heros/40th Tour
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:00 AM »
I left the Sleep Country Amphitheater satisfied ...solid performance by both groups.  Def Leppard played a fairly straight forward set with all the typical favorites played.

KISS set list in order...

King of the Night Time World
Deuce
Pyscho Circus
War Machine (The Demon spits fire)
Shout It Out Loud
Christine Sixteen
Lick It Up
I Love It Loud (The Demon spits blood)
Hide Your Heart
Let Me Go, Rock N Roll
Love Gun
Black Diamond

Detroit Rock City
Rock N Roll All Nite

KISS was KISS. Fuckin' awesome.   War Machine was my favorite of the night with Let Me Go, Rock N Roll second.  Paul sounded a little rough and he has 37 or so more concerts to go.  Gene despite looking a little heavy played stellar.  Tommy and Eric just as good...Eric probably has the strongest voice of them all. 

Hopefully, the next tour isn't a co-headline.  I need a full 21+ set. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: KISS/Def Leppard Heros/40th Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
Going to make three cities on this tour.  Don't see how they can go on much longer.  Paul's voice is completely shot.  At least two of the venues he'll have two days rest prior so maybe it will be a little better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:46 PM »
Glad to hear Def Leppard rocked it.  I went to see the new Journey and Def Leppard a few years back, and Journey blew them away imo.  I was disappointed walking out after that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
Glad to hear Def Leppard rocked it.  I went to see the new Journey and Def Leppard a few years back, and Journey blew them away imo.  I was disappointed walking out after that one.

Saw Loverboy- Pat Benatar- and New Journey at one sitting.

Glad they sold very expensive beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:00:01 PM »

Saw Loverboy- Pat Benatar- and New Journey at one sitting.

Glad they sold very expensive beer.

Your standards must be impossibly high. 

Saw this same set at Bayfest a couple of years ago.  It was great.  Loverboy not so much, but to be an old lady Benatar still has some pipes.  And Journey sounded like Journey even with the Asian kid. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the performances. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 10:26:30 PM »
Went to see Loverboy in the 3rd grade and rocked my t-shirt until rags became of it. Needless to say, I was a fond attraction to all the 3rd grade hotties and teachers alike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:43 PM »
Your standards must be impossibly high. 

Saw this same set at Bayfest a couple of years ago.  It was great.  Loverboy not so much, but to be an old lady Benatar still has some pipes.  And Journey sounded like Journey even with the Asian kid. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the performances.

Loverboy was bad.

Pat was good but had a very short set 5 songs??? maybe

New journey seemed out of sync that night-had problems with sound and lighting.

Plus it was July here in Dallas and the show was outside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »

Loverboy was bad.

Pat was good but had a very short set 5 songs??? maybe

New journey seemed out of sync that night-had problems with sound and lighting.

Plus it was July here in Dallas and the show was outside.

Got to see Benatar in her prime at Auburn.  She was smokin' hot and her husband can rip up a guitar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 07:18:33 PM »
Got to see Benatar in her prime at Auburn.  She was smokin' hot and her husband can rip up a guitar.

I bet she could kick his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »
I saw Kid Rock, once, at City Stages. One word...AWESOME!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
Kiss/Dep lep show here in Dallas last night.

def leppard put on a great show, Kiss was so/so, just seemed like they were going through the motions on a lot of it. Plus it was freaking hot yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:31:40 AM »
Kiss/Dep lep show here in Dallas last night.

def leppard put on a great show, Kiss was so/so, just seemed like they were going through the motions on a lot of it. Plus it was freaking hot yesterday.

Get. The. Fuck. Out.  ...i thought Def Leppard was great too...but if any they were going through the motions.  If someone told you the set list was 12 songs. ...I'm gathering most loyalist would name every single fucking  one. All you needed to do was head to your keen car, with it's keen stereo, put in your keen Def Leppard cassette and turn up the keen dial...and ShaZam the concert...not happening with KISS unless your keen car breathes fire, spits blood, smokes and shoots confetti.   

KISS ...King of the Night Time World...not as an opening song since '93.  ...War Machine ...Psycho Circus ...Hide Your Heart. 

After looking at your set list for KISS ...I see you got a change in the set.  Damn I would have liked to listen to Cold Gin. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:40:18 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »
Get. The. Fuck. Out.  ...i thought Def Leppard was great too...but if any they were going through the motions.  If someone told you the set list was 12 songs. ...I'm gathering most loyalist would name every single fucking  one. All you needed to do was head to your keen car, with it's keen stereo, put in your keen Def Leppard cassette and turn up the keen dial...and ShaZam the concert...not happening with KISS unless your keen car breathes fire, spits blood, smokes and shoots confetti.   

KISS ...King of the Night Time World...not as an opening song since '93.  ...War Machine ...Psycho Circus ...Hide Your Heart. 

After looking at your set list for KISS ...I see you got a change in the set.  Damn I would have liked to listen to Cold Gin.

I am working on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »
Great show in Atlanta. About 18,000 there. 

KISS not as energetic as they were 20 years ago but who is?  Both bands sounded fantastic.   Paul's voice can't last much longer though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »
Great show in Atlanta. About 18,000 there. 

KISS not as energetic as they were 20 years ago but who is?  Both bands sounded fantastic.   Paul's voice can't last much longer though.

Mick Jagger would like a word with you about your question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 12:51:20 AM »
Mick Jagger would like a word with you about your question.

I don't speak semengarglese.

FWIW, I heard somebody bitching today because KISS and Def Leppard only played about 15 songs each. Said they wished KISS would stop the co-headlining tours and go back to a "full set"

So I did some research. 

KISS played BJCC on December 29, 1977.  I was there. They played 17 songs.

KISS played BJCC on August 16, 1979.  I was there.  16 songs.

KISS played Pensacola November 14, 1987.  I was there. 16 songs.

KISS played Oak Mountain August 7,  1990. I was there. 22 songs. Five were from the Hot In the Shade album they were promoting and three would never be played live again. My daughter was less than a month from being born and was in attendance in my then-wife's belly. Paul asked from the stage if it was his.

KISS played BJCC in September of 1996.  I was there. 20 songs. Comeback tour.

KISS played the Superdome July 9, 1996.  I was there. 20 songs. Amazing show.

KISS played Nashville January 2, 1999. I was there. Psycho Circus tour. First tour in support of an album of original members in whatzoo knows how long. 24 songs, but again.. four from the new CD, three solos.

KISS played Pensacola on April 6, 2000. I was there. 24 songs if you count the drum solo, bass solo, guitar solo and abbreviated parts of other band's songs.  Really more like 19.  Fantastic concert.  Took my dad to that one.  He was 61 at the time. 

KISS played Oak Mountain August 13, 2004. I was there. 17 songs if you count the drum solo.

KISS played Pensacola October 19, 2009.  I was there. 17 songs.

KISS played Atlanta August 31, 2010. 23 songs. Three were from just released Sonic Boom album. Two were solos. One was Eric Singer's only live performance of Beth (not this show, but this tour). 

KISS played Atlanta July 24, 2012. I was there. 15 songs.
KISS played Oak Mountain July 31, 2012. With Crue. I was there. Met Gene. 14 songs.

There were several others I can't remember.  I've seen KISS in Lexington, Tupelo, Providence, Mobile, and cities I can't even remember without thinking hard.  Those I do remember. 

Looking back, a "full set" for KISS is on average about 17 songs.  They played 15 (not counting solos) in Atlanta last weekend.  They cut Ace/Tommy's guitar wailing short. They cut Eric's drum solo pretty much out. But song-wise, it was about even with what they normally do. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
All I got out of that was, "Holy crap. Kiss played Tupelo!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 10:42:04 AM »
Kaos could save himself some money and just buy a nice concert DVD and a big screen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »
Kaos could save himself some money and just buy a nice concert DVD and a big screen.

That would work for 90% of the bands. Not KISS. Has to be seen live to get the effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
That would work for 90% of the bands. Not KISS. Has to be seen live to get the effect.

This is almost painful to say but U2 is almost the opposite for me. Ive seen them in concert. Good? Yes...but most of the concert DVDs Ive seen of them were much better than the concert I was at the last time. Of course, the last one I attended was at the Dome in ATL, and the "big crowd" fans in Atlanta are some of the quietest in the country - concerts, sporting events, you name it. So the concert I was at was very quiet by U2 standards. Most of the concerts Ive seen of them on DVD were from Dublin, Glascow, Texas, etc.....and they were all pure energy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE