Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Man Arrested for Gunning Down Cop in No Knock Raid

Man Arrested for Gunning Down Cop in No Knock Raid
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
A Texas man is under arrest after gunning down a SWAT team member as the officer quietly tried to climb in through the apartment’s window during predawn hours.

Police State USA reports  that a resident fatally shot Detective Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie as the officer climbed in through a ground level window as part of a “no knock” raid. The officers were there due to suspicion that residents were in possession of controlled substances.

Upon hearing a noise, resident Marvin Louis Guy, 50, opened fire on the unidentified officers, shooting three others as well, although only one fatally.

Guy is currently being held on capital murder charges in connection with Dinwiddie’s death, even though it’s unclear how Guy was supposed to know that the men crawling in through the window were police officers since they hadn’t identified themselves.

The evidence sheet lists a laptop, a safe, a pistol, and a glass pipe, but no drugs were found. Given the evidence, why did police deem it necessary to seek a “no knock” warrant and why did a judge sign off on it?

Very little is known about Mr. Guy, but Dinwiddie left behind two children, all because his SWAT team went creeping into a home where the residents didn’t even have any drugs. Is that the best use of law enforcement tax dollars?

Guy’s bond has been set at $3 million dollars.

http://breakingbrown.com/2014/06/man-arrested-for-gunning-down-cop-who-climbed-in-through-his-window/

A less opinionated link if you want it:

http://www.kwtx.com/news/local/headlines/Documents-Detail-Crime-Scene-Search-After-Killeen-Officers-Shot-259291891.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Man Arrested for Gunning Down Cop in No Knock Raid
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
I would say the term "gunning down" is not the correct choice of words. It sound like the man shot people who he thought were breaking into his property. I have a faint feeling he about to bring a big ass lawsuit against the city.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
Based on what I've read so far, this is another example of law gone wrong. Completely ridiculous. What do they expect to happen if they sneak in someone's window?

I'm not pulling for the bad guy and he very well may be a thug. Just saying, it's not smart to do this and they shouldn't be able to charge the guy with murder.

What are you going to do if you find a man sneaking through your window in the middle of the night? Well, I'm sure that happens relatively often for AUChizad and Vandy but I mean the rest of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »
If you are the SWAT officer that get this assignment are you not voicing a concern or two beforehand?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 01:40:50 PM »
Based on what I've read so far, this is another example of law gone wrong. Completely ridiculous. What do they expect to happen if they sneak in someone's window?

I'm not pulling for the bad guy and he very well may be a thug. Just saying, it's not smart to do this and they shouldn't be able to charge the guy with murder.

What are you going to do if you find a man sneaking through your window in the middle of the night? Well, I'm sure that happens relatively often for AUChizad and Vandy but I mean the rest of you.

Yes, I'm sure the big bad police was just sneaking around.  Being all sneaky.  Not making a sound. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
If you are the SWAT officer that get this assignment are you not voicing a concern or two beforehand?

Honestly, if you are the type to voice your concern over tactics about entering a residence through a secondary entry when multiple strikes from a battering ram didn't work at initial point of entry, you probably aren't cut out for the SWAT team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »
Honestly, if you are the type to voice your concern over tactics about entering a residence through a secondary entry when multiple strikes from a battering ram didn't work at initial point of entry, you probably aren't cut out for the SWAT team.

You know what you are exactly right.  I knew a couple of guys from the Corps that went into SWAT and they were freaking crazy to begin with. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »

Yes, I'm sure the big bad police was just sneaking around.  Being all sneaky.  Not making a sound.
Yep. Probably there to steal donut money under the guise of a warrant. Pigs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
I was told to not check this but I had to. For the uneducated:
1: a no knock warrant does not authorize police to "sneak" into anyone's house. You are  required to "announce loudly and repetitively upon entry". A no-knock warrant simply means that you don't have to stand around like an asshole  after knocking on the door while you wait for the suspects to destroy the evidence you are seeking and/or shoot you.
2: going through the window, as alluded to by someone else, is a secondary entry almost always for several really good reasons. That means that someone banged on his door with a ram for 10 or 20 good licks, long enough to wear a breacher out.
3: In Alabama no-knock warrants must be served during the day unless otherwise specified
4: there is no excuse for not properly identifying your target, so saying "someone was coming in my window and I shot him before I was able to determine he was a heavily marked swat member" is the same thing as saying "I'm a murderer". If smooth_operator,  firearms instructor/swat member extraordinaire shot someone before identifying his target you sonsofbitches would stone me to death.
If anyone, ever, thinks to himself "that asshole deserved it" when informed of the murder of a law enforcement officer fuck you, I hope you die too. And I hope I investigate it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »
1: a no knock warrant does not authorize police to "sneak" into anyone's house. You are  required to "announce loudly and repetitively upon entry". A no-knock warrant simply means that you don't have to stand around like an asshole  after knocking on the door while you wait for the suspects to destroy the evidence you are seeking and/or shoot you.
2: going through the window, as alluded to by someone else, is a secondary entry almost always for several really good reasons. That means that someone banged on his door with a ram for 10 or 20 good licks, long enough to wear a breacher out.
3: In Alabama no-knock warrants must be served during the day unless otherwise specified
4: there is no excuse for not properly identifying your target, so saying "someone was coming in my window and I shot him before I was able to determine he was a heavily marked swat member" is the same thing as saying "I'm a murderer". If smooth_operator,  firearms instructor/swat member extraordinaire shot someone before identifying his target you sonsofbitches would stone me to death.
If anyone, ever, thinks to himself "that asshole deserved it" when informed of the murder of a law enforcement officer fuck you, I hope you die too. And I hope I investigate it.

Hey...Hey ...Hey lets be honest, the cops didn't have donuts in their hands, it was an honest mistake.

I mean look clearly I would have shot first as well.

PS the guy on the left is SWAT...I think.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:31:21 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »

Hey...Hey ...Hey lets be honest, the cops didn't have donuts in their hands, it was an honest mistake.

I mean look clearly I would have shot first as well.

PS the guy on the left is SWAT...I think.

Good point. That object in his hand is the tactical doughnut grabber 2000, made for "sneaking" into awful trailers and shitty apartment buildings because of an intense desire to single out random citizens for baseless arrests
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »
so saying "someone was coming in my window and I shot him before I was able to determine he was a heavily marked swat member" is the same thing as saying "I'm a murderer".

Great comment all around, but I don't think this is accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »

Educated I am (now)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 05:17:28 PM »
Great comment all around, but I don't think this is accurate.
I'm pretty sure it's the most accurate thing ever because they arrested the guy for murder. In my eyes he's way more culpable than the accidental car baby deaths because he CHOSE to grab a weapon, point it at a target that according to your insinuation he couldn't identify and shoot.   I'll never believe he couldn't identify because of the reality of serving a high risk drug warrant and having to make a secondary entry does not lend itself to much confusion on the part of the drug dealer within. Don't chose to be swayed by the lack of recovered narcotics, half the time it gets flushed anyway. Even supposing he didn't flush it your avon lady doesn't always have mascara in her pocket neither do drug dealers.
If the cops were wrong I would be the first to jump on the bandwagon, I hate dirty stupid cops as much as I hate normal state troopers, but this guy got murdered by a drug dealer in the line of duty and I'll defend his honor. When my friend Sollo got killed I heard so many hateful comments it literally changed me for several years. However, in the event that you can't trust my expert opinion as a veteran of high risk warrants that this fucker wasn't confused about who  he was shooting read this:

In my home town about 10 years ago  a guy shot a "burglar" running down his hallway that turned out to be his 6 year old son who'd apparently had a nightmare or something.
I have personally seen firefighters wake up sleeping residents by breaking into their bedroom windows in order to save them from a fire.

If you do not identify your target you're wrong.  There is no excuse. People don't get prosecuted for accidental shootings all the time but that don't make it right.
Okay I'm off my soap box you're all good God fearing auburn fans and I love you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's the most accurate thing ever because they arrested the guy for murder. In my eyes he's way more culpable than the accidental car baby deaths because he CHOSE to grab a weapon, point it at a target that according to your insinuation he couldn't identify and shoot.   I'll never believe he couldn't identify because of the reality of serving a high risk drug warrant and having to make a secondary entry does not lend itself to much confusion on the part of the drug dealer within. Don't chose to be swayed by the lack of recovered narcotics, half the time it gets flushed anyway. Even supposing he didn't flush it your avon lady doesn't always have mascara in her pocket neither do drug dealers.
If the cops were wrong I would be the first to jump on the bandwagon, I hate dirty stupid cops as much as I hate normal state troopers, but this guy got murdered by a drug dealer in the line of duty and I'll defend his honor. When my friend Sollo got killed I heard so many hateful comments it literally changed me for several years. However, in the event that you can't trust my expert opinion as a veteran of high risk warrants that this fucker wasn't confused about who  he was shooting read this:

In my home town about 10 years ago  a guy shot a "burglar" running down his hallway that turned out to be his 6 year old son who'd apparently had a nightmare or something.
I have personally seen firefighters wake up sleeping residents by breaking into their bedroom windows in order to save them from a fire.

If you do not identify your target you're wrong.  There is no excuse. People don't get prosecuted for accidental shootings all the time but that don't make it right.
Okay I'm off my soap box you're all good God fearing auburn fans and I love you.

The issue is "coming in my window."  If it's 3am and my window is smashed and a stranger is entering my home, I'm going to pull the trigger and be judged by a jury of my peers.  Maybe the guy was coming in to warn me of the zombie apocalypse, but even then he can ring the doorbell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »
The issue is "coming in my window."  If it's 3am and my window is smashed and a stranger is entering my home, I'm going to pull the trigger and be judged by a jury of my peers.  Maybe the guy was coming in to warn me of the zombie apocalypse, but even then he can ring the doorbell.
And maybe so, and half the time I agree with the "better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6" sentiment but you're not a drug dealer, and it wasn't 3:30am and in this case I'm willing to bet you he was totally aware of what was going on. I urge you, should you ever feel the need to use your weapon to kill someone you identify your target. Otherwise the 12 will probably judge you harshly.
The only reason a swat team would ever chose to "come though the window" is because they failed to beat through the door because it was barricaded by a criminal concerned that police may break it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Token

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »

Well goddamn. I never considered ringing the door bell while attempting to serve a no knock warrant.  We've been doing this wrong all along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
Yep. Probably there to steal donut money under the guise of a warrant. Pigs.

I mean, look at those apartments. There is obviously a lot of donut money in there. Probably a lot of stealing too. And certainly a pile of warrants being served for missing court dates and not paying child support.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
I mean, look at those apartments. There is obviously a lot of donut money in there. Probably a lot of stealing too. And certainly a pile of warrants being served for missing court dates and not paying child support.
...Wait a second... You get donut money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
...Wait a second... You get donut money?

It's a risky business. But sometimes, if I sneak quietly enough, I can get the donut money before anyone knows what's going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions