Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Man Arrested for Gunning Down Cop in No Knock Raid

Re: Man Arrested for Gunning Down Cop in No Knock Raid
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 11:15:51 AM »
You are correct. The politicians send good men to do a job that in many cases should not be done in the way mentioned.

Why a no-knock warrant on a guy who is not deemed a violent offender? While (alleged) selling meth is a despicable crime, did it really warrant a no-knock? And in the middle of the night? Using SWAT?

The fact that an officer lost his life because a judge, or politically motivate police chief decided this was necessary, well that is the real issue here.

But as a law abiding citizen who reads about little old ladies being accidentally shot in no-knock raids, it grinds my soul that the laws that are supposed to be there to protect us are the ones that politicians are using a bit liberally.

While it may make law enforcement's job a bit harder, no-knocks should be hard as hell to obtain. And they should only be used against known violent offenders.

That is why many people are upset. (not the idiots who hate police. They are just stupid)
I'm talking about folks like the guy who was purported to be a gun nut prepper that they raided his home and found food stores and five guns in a safe. Who approved that warrant and why?

So when an SWAT officer gets killed in something as meaningless as this, it brings up many questions as to when it is my right to defend my home.

The police are pawns in a game that needs to have restraint applied when issuing no-knocks.

As to what the resident knew at the time of entry, I have no idea. I just know an officer is dead because a no-knock warrant was issued and served in the middle of the night on an alleged meth dealer.

If more information comes out later that the guy was a raging murderous maniac, then I might understand. But at this point in time, it looks a bit odd.
The problem here is the reality of the situation is different than what you're imagining. I assume you're just taking the wording of the original article at face value. Go to the linked report from a news agency.

This warrant was served at 5:30AM in June. Daylight. They suspected this guy could be dangerous. He flippin' was. No-knock warrants are used for drug raids because people exactly like you feel that if no drugs are recovered obviously it was a bad warrant. In reality drugs are easy to destroy, hide or ingest and they don't always have it on them anyway. In my area, search warrants for drugs are only obtained after a signed, proven informant gets VIDEO evidence of a drug deal using agency marked money and the drugs obtained are submitted to evidence.
They're all good warrants, not all good warrants return drugs.
To clear the air again no knock warrants do not mean you "sneak" it just means you don't have to knock on the door and wait till they answer, you bang it down shouting POLICE POLICE and go in shouting POLICE POLICE POLICE POLICE. What happened here was they went to the front door. They attempted to ram the door long enough to declare it a fail. RAMMING A DOOR IS LOUD. Someone in the back yells SECONDARY and they charge over to the window and at some point this guy starts shooting. I can tell you 100% there's no way this guy didn't know who he was shooting. Defending your home and shooting cops are two different things. IF COPS BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE UNLAWFULLY SUE THEM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES. ITS FREE MONEY.
I'm not a cop, or a swat member because I give one flying shit about drugs. Shoot heroin into your eyeballs if you want. I do what I do because when evil people do evil things I enjoy stopping them. Being a swat member requires me to serve drug warrants at 5:30AM and you fuckers think its okay if I get shot in the face because you don't agree with the "war on drugs" then maybe you should consider rooting for the crimson tide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »
The problem here is the reality of the situation is different than what you're imagining. I assume you're just taking the wording of the original article at face value. Go to the linked report from a news agency.

This warrant was served at 5:30AM in June. Daylight. They suspected this guy could be dangerous. He flippin' was. No-knock warrants are used for drug raids because people exactly like you feel that if no drugs are recovered obviously it was a bad warrant. In reality drugs are easy to destroy, hide or ingest and they don't always have it on them anyway. In my area, search warrants for drugs are only obtained after a signed, proven informant gets VIDEO evidence of a drug deal using agency marked money and the drugs obtained are submitted to evidence.
To clear the air again no knock warrants do not mean you "sneak" it just means you don't have to knock on the door and wait till they answer, you bang it down shouting POLICE POLICE and go in shouting POLICE POLICE POLICE POLICE. What happened here was they went to the front door. They attempted to ram the door long enough to declare it a fail. RAMMING A DOOR IS LOUD. Someone in the back yells SECONDARY and they charge over to the window and at some point this guy starts shooting. I can tell you 100% there's no way this guy didn't know who he was shooting. Defending your home and shooting cops are two different things. IF COPS BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE UNLAWFULLY SUE THEM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES. ITS FREE MONEY.
I'm not a cop, or a swat member because I give one flying shit about drugs. Shoot heroin into your eyeballs if you want. I do what I do because when evil people do evil things I enjoy stopping them. Being a swat member requires me to serve drug warrants at 5:30AM and you fuckers think its okay if I get shot in the face because you don't agree with the "war on drugs" then maybe you should consider rooting for the crimson tide.

You obviously have not had your:
1. Morning Donut
2. Morning blowies from Token

Listen dude was sneaking in the house at 2 am trying to get some of those drugs, he was obviously a bad cop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 11:47:49 AM »
You obviously have not had your:
1. Morning Donut
2. Morning blowies from Token

Listen dude was sneaking in the house at 2 am trying to get some of those drugs, he was obviously a bad cop.

I just have him a hug, he's earned it this morning. And I did tell him not to read this thread. Because some of you motherfuckers are trolls. And some of you are goddamn idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
I just have him a hug, he's earned it this morning. And I did tell him not to read this thread. Because some of you motherfuckers are trolls. And some of you are goddamn idiots.
HEY!!!

I resemble that remark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 12:02:40 PM »
I can't believe smooth op and Token just let CCTAU get away with winning this argument. I would hang around but I'm doing bong hits and getting sleepy.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:11:32 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »

Token, your words are hurtful!  I am taking the bus and you will not see me at the pancake social tomorrow!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »
I've done some extensive research on this.  After reviewing the video, I believe Clark Griswold was well within his rights to open fire on the goons who shattered every window in his house.  Ellen should have pulled out the uzi, Clark should have grabbed both pistols, Rusty should have laid down some shotgun fire and Audrey should probably have gone for the crossbow (since she used it so well when killing vampires later in her life). 

Christmas Vacation would have had a very different ending; one that did not include Ellen cupping Clark's balls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »
I've done some extensive research on this.  After reviewing the video, I believe Clark Griswold was well within his rights to open fire on the goons who shattered every window in his house.  Ellen should have pulled out the uzi, Clark should have grabbed both pistols, Rusty should have laid down some shotgun fire and Audrey should probably have gone for the crossbow (since she used it so well when killing vampires later in her life). 

Christmas Vacation would have had a very different ending; one that did not include Ellen cupping Clark's balls.
Some idiot in a leisure suit kidnapped my husband!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
Andy Griffith would have waited outside for a lengthy period of time and hollered into the dwelling for the gent to put his gun down. Even if the gent would've shot and hit the gate post as Andy entered into the fenced yard, he would've approached the house unarmed and brought the gent in for questioning. They would've worked things out without having to go into the judicial system and waste taxpayer money.

Andy and Barn didn't need all this fancy equipment and bullshit training.

It is because he was unafraid. All the donut eaters of today are just too cowardly to approach these situations in this manner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 01:04:05 PM »

Look. Your department may do their due diligence in this area. But not all departments are that careful.

Here in the Atlanta area, there have been several incidents where the no-knock was served on the wrong house, even. So forgive me if I don't have full faith.
And you getting shot in the face would be a tragedy, such as this is. I cannot fault the officer. He was doing his job. It is the state of current management in many departments that should carry a lot of the blame. The cop on the street is stuck between his bosses and the public. And the two bookends seem not to trust each other. I do not envy your position.

And really, why push for a quick secondary entry if you have already alerted the dealer and he has had time to dispose of the drugs (as you say it is easy to do)?

Plenty of blame to go around.  As you can look back and see, I never said the guy was right or justified in his shooting. I am just wary of the overuse of rampant no knock warrants. Not all are applied with equal deference.

But what do I know. I am just full of cogenital disabilty. Or what ever the little twit said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »

I'm not a cop, or a swat member because I give one flying shoot about drugs. Shoot heroin into your eyeballs if you want. I do what I do because when evil people do evil things I enjoy stopping them. Being a swat member requires me to serve drug warrants at 5:30AM and you fudgeers think its okay if I get shot in the face because you don't agree with the "war on drugs" then maybe you should consider rooting for the crimson tide.
For the record, as I hope you know, most of us on here are not full time members of the militia and appreciate you donut eaters regardless of the banter. And I do not wish for you to get shot in the face, except with my super soaker if you climb through my window in the middle of the night unannounced.

Token, on the other hand is a different story. Let's just say that there is no way that he could bring me in alone and I know this for fact. There may be some men that are man enough in that area to do it with back up but it definitely ain't him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
For the record, as I hope you know, most of us on here are not full time members of the militia and appreciate you donut eaters regardless of the banter. And I do not wish for you to get shot in the face, except with my super soaker if you climb through my window in the middle of the night unannounced.

Token, on the other hand is a different story. Let's just say that there is no way that he could bring me in alone and I know this for fact. There may be some men that are man enough in that area to do it with back up but it definitely ain't him.

Is it because he is a bammer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »
Is it because he is a bammer?
I don't want to go into too much detail but it has more to do with my martial arts skills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
Yep. WT's comparisons require rational thought by reasonable persons. Wouldn't make sense to you.
Comparing apples and oranges is rational?  I think I need to buy you a drink friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »

I feel better now. Can I call you first and still have some super soaker action? I'll act real sneaky if you're into that.
Hindsight being 20/20 I took that way too personal. On the other hand, if someone died in a horrible dick sucking accident or whatever it is that CC does I wouldn't question his grasp on the hows and the whys because undeniably he knows more about how a fatal dick sucking accident could occur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
I feel better now. Can I call you first and still have some super soaker action? I'll act real sneaky if you're into that.
Hindsight being 20/20 I took that way too personal. On the other hand, if someone died in a horrible dick sucking accident or whatever it is that CC does I wouldn't question his grasp on the hows and the whys because undeniably he knows more about how a fatal dick sucking accident could occur.

I didn't say anything about sucking dick. That is VV and WT's territory there.

And if you feel better calling me a dick sucker, go ahead. Just don't come no-knocking on my door and we'll get along fine.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »
I didn't say anything about sucking richard. That is VV and WT's territory there.

And if you feel better calling me a richard sucker, go ahead. Just don't come no-knocking on my door and we'll get along fine.

No qualms there boss. We don't come after people for going to sunday school too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »
I didn't say anything about sucking dick. That is VV and WT's territory there.

And if you feel better calling me a dick sucker, go ahead. Just don't come no-knocking on my door and we'll get along fine.

What about your window?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »
I haven't sucked any cock since I slipped a disc in my neck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2014, 02:58:53 PM »
No qualms there boss. We don't come after people for going to sunday school too much.

Funny you mention that.

I see people that have been in prison a long time get acquitted of their crime for whatever reason and people are outraged. But if you look t the person's life up until the time they were incarcerated, it's not like the police broke up into a Wednesday night prayer meeting to arrest the guy. People ARE their record. To quote a football analogy.

I never want to see anyone erroneously imprisoned, but like I tell my kids, if you are living right and doing the right things, your character will not be questioned for long.
Conversely, if you are always in the wrong place with the wrong people, you might want to reevaluate your life.

And as an officer of the law, you see both side and have to walk the line between what you know and what is the law.

Like I said, I do not envy your position. And I hate to ever hear of an officer shot or killed. Here in the Atlanta area, we have had a lot of that lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions