Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If you are the euro-douchebag...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
If you are the euro-douchebag...
« on: June 19, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
...standing in the middle of the moderately crowded bar by the television throwing up your hands and screaming gooooooooooooalllllll! when Uruaguay and England are on while the entire rest of the bar is trying to have normal conversation? 

Shut up. Shut up. Sit down and shut up.

Or move to Europe. 

Almost nobody cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: If you are the euro-douchebag...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »
and quit wearing your hat backwards WE!!!.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
Stop touching yourself, Kent!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »
Stop touching yourself, Kent!

Ok god, Let me have it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »
Those fucking motorized carriages!!@#@!T#$R
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »
Is that guy wearing a purse?  What a fig!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 04:59:59 AM »
If I wanted to see people not score for 90 minutes I would take you bitches to a bar and watch you try to pick up women.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
Update: In a bar attached to a golf course in the wonderfully cool north. Near canada.

Four TVs in the bar. Three tuned to soccer. One to a baseball game. Every patron in the bar was crowded around the TV showing baseball except one annoying douche who kept shouting to himself.

Despite what the media blitz wants to tell you very few people care.  I know I don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »
...standing in the middle of the moderately crowded bar by the television throwing up your hands and screaming gooooooooooooalllllll! when Uruaguay and England are on while the entire rest of the bar is trying to have normal conversation? 

Shut up. Shut up. Sit down and shut up.

Or move to Europe. 

Almost nobody cares.

Werd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
Update: In a bar attached to a golf course in the wonderfully cool north. Near canada.

Four TVs in the bar. Three tuned to soccer. One to a baseball game. Every patron in the bar was crowded around the TV showing baseball except one annoying douche who kept shouting to himself.

Despite what the media blitz wants to tell you very few people care.  I know I don't.

Interesting....

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/23/media/world-cup-match-ratings/index.html

Reflecting the growing popularity of soccer in the United States, the 2014 World Cup keeps setting new ratings records.

The USA-Portugal match on ESPN averaged 18.2 million viewers on Sunday, topping the 11.1 million that tuned in for USA-Ghana on June 16.

Another 6.5 million viewers watched a Spanish-language broadcast of the USA-Portugal match on Univision, according to Nielsen ratings that were released Monday. Combined, the ESPN and Univision telecasts averaged almost 25 million viewers. (Another 1.4 million watched on the cable channel ESPN3.)

CNNMoney wants to know: Are you watching the World Cup at work?

All of these audience figures are incomplete, though, because Nielsen does not measure any out-of-home viewing at bars, restaurants or other locations where people have congregated to watch World Cup matches, or any viewing on phones or computers.

ESPN said the live stream of the match via its WatchESPN app added another 490,000 viewers to the total audience.

All of these figures are averages for the duration of the 95-minute match; unsurprisingly, total viewership was lower in the beginning and higher toward the end. ESPN said its viewership peaked between 7:30 and 8 p.m., in the final minutes of the match, when about 23 million viewers tuned in.

Related: Scenarios for the U.S. to advance

ESPN said in a statement that USA-Portugal ranked as "the most-viewed soccer match in the United States ever, across all networks," eclipsing the "previous high of 17,975,000 viewers for the 1999 Women's World Cup final (USA vs. China) on ABC."

Both ABC and ESPN are controlled by The Walt Disney Co. (DIS)

So far, ESPN's ratings are up about 30% compared to the last World Cup in 2010. Univision's ratings are up nearly 50%.

"The whole world's watching right now," former U.S. Men's World Cup player Cobi Jones said Monday on CNN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
Keith Olbermann summed it up nicely for me last night. 

Soccer "furor"?  Please.  More people watched a meaningless late season game between the Eagles and Jets than any soccer match. 

He then asked who knew when the MLS season opener was (to obvious crickets). 

I hate soccer.  I'm not going to get on that bandwagon. 

I despise anyone who calls it "football."   Waiting at a car dealership for a repair and there's a TV in the waiting area.  Some dipwad Judge Judy was on and I wasn't watching it.  Guy comes in and asks if I mind if he turns the channel to the "football game."  I told him football season hadn't started.  He says I mean "soccer, you know, football?"  So I told him I was watching judge Judy and interested in the outcome of the case. 

I hate all the people who look at it and have no earthly idea what's going on, but like to talk about it.  "I think he should have gotten a yellow card for THAT!"  Why?  Is he planning on becoming a cautionary American? 

Don't hope we lose because 'Merica and all that, but hope this stupidity is over and over soon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
My son has a friend who plays soccer. He is also the MLB on the local HS team. So he says I'm going to C*))@#'s to watch the soccer game. I laugh and say OK.

A bit later he returns. I said I thought you were watching the soccer game (match, gay sex party. whatever).

He says, "I did. It's over. Woo Hoo. (holding party hands in air) We tied. Go USA"!

He then looked at me, scratches his head, and says, "I have no idea what the hell I just watched"! And then he walked into the house.

I laughed. I used to spent a bit of time in the UK. There was always a futbol game on in one of the bars. All I knew was to drink when the crowd roared. I understood THAT game!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »
Bumpity Bump.  Got together with the distinguished Destin Counselor last week at a sports bar.  The USA/Portugal match was that afternoon and the bar kept filling up with people wearing USA jerseys and other soccer shit.  We all pointed and laughed.  But, the place got packed and when the match started, that place was going nucking futts over the least little thing. 

Since it was a business meeting wherein Wes made a brief, 2-line pitch for title work...  "Hey you got any title work you can't handle?  Send it down my way."....he then paid for our beers along with a couple of bourbons/DCP's.  Kudos to you, Counselor   :thumsup:  It was halftime, we went back to the beach house and promptly turned on the match.  By the time it was over, I was hollering at the tube, pissed that we let Portugal score to tie it, literally with 3 seconds left.  I admit to getting caught up in the excitement of the moment.

Now, I didn't watch one second of USA/Germany and I have not become a soccer fan and doubt I ever will. But, I've also said that one thing on my sports bucket list would be to go to a World Cup match, just because of the atmosphere and passion the fans have for it. This is their Iron Bowl and to me, that's a pretty cool thing to be a part of.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."