Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Day 2014

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: A Day 2014
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 05:24:03 PM »
To be fair, the Finebaum show has gone ballistic today because guys from ESPN are saying that Auburn is the clear cut favorite to win the SEC.
We've earned a mountain's worth.

Returning SEC Champions. A mommy part hair away from taking the National Title from the widely-proclaimed world beaters. Improved at virtually every position, both talent and depth wise. Did you see A-Day? We're going to be disgustingly good. I'm foaming at the mouth.

Hell, even Gus is saying "Go ahead and barn out. We're going to the National Championship again this year, except we're winning it this time." (Link)

Meanwhile McCarron, Manziel, Mettenberger, Murray, Shaw. All gone. And it ain't just the QB position looking bare at basically every other school in the SEC.

Everything on paper is saying we should absolutely skullfuck the competition this year. So all that means is maybe the experts won't pick us last pre-season for a change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
We've earned a mountain's worth.

Returning SEC Champions. A mommy part hair away from taking the National Title from the widely-proclaimed world beaters. Improved at virtually every position, both talent and depth wise. Did you see A-Day? We're going to be disgustingly good. I'm foaming at the mouth.

Hell, even Gus is saying "Go ahead and barn out. We're going to the National Championship again this year, except we're winning it this time." (Link)

Meanwhile McCarron, Manziel, Mettenberger, Murray, Shaw. All gone. And it ain't just the QB position looking bare at basically every other school in the SEC.

Everything on paper is saying we should absolutely skullfuck the competition this year. So all that means is maybe the experts won't pick us last pre-season for a change.

I don't see how the 2013 pre-season is german to the conversation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »
I don't see how the 2013 pre-season is german to the conversation.

The cot damn German's ain't got nothing to do with this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »
The cot damn German's ain't got nothing to do with this

You sounded taller on the radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:26 AM »

Hey boy:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:30 AM »

I saw that you sum'bitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
I saw that you sum'bitch!

Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch your mamma in the mouth!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »
Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch your mamma in the mouth!

You....you...You TICKTURD!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
I'm gonna' Bah-B-Que yo' ass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 12:58:48 PM »
Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
Damn, he had a lot of friends, didn't he?

If they'd a cremated the sum-bitch. I could be kickin' that Mr. Bandit's ass around the moon by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
What in da hell is dis world comin' to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »
When was the last time a prospect was labeled "The Best QB Ever, could beat out both Manning brothers and Marino with his eyes closed" coming out of HS or transferring in and actually reached that plat-toe located in the Heavens?

The uat fall off the Mountain will be hilariously beautiful as they smash their heads against every rock on the way down.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:47:39 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2014, 08:24:24 AM »
When was the last time a prospect was labeled "The Best QB Ever, could beat out both Manning brothers and Marino with his eyes closed" coming out of HS or transferring in and actually reached that plat-toe located in the Heavens?

The uat fall off the Mountain will be hilariously beautiful as they smash their heads against every rock on the way down.

I'm inclined to agree.  I think they're due - overdue actually - for a true rebuilding year.  Every long term tenured coach has one or two.  Look at Les Miles and Mark Richt.  They can look to their own history and see Bear Bryant didn't win 11+ games every season. 

But they aren't going to allow for it.  The type of reactions they'll have against Saban, his assistant coaches, and the players will stall the high speed momentum they have in recruiting.  Saban also doesn't seem like the guy who will accept being spat on by his own fanbase.  Those little tirades he has in press conferences won't go so well when he has four losses before December. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »
I'm inclined to agree.  I think they're due - overdue actually - for a true rebuilding year.  Every long term tenured coach has one or two.  Look at Les Miles and Mark Richt.  They can look to their own history and see Bear Bryant didn't win 11+ games every season. 

But they aren't going to allow for it.  The type of reactions they'll have against Saban, his assistant coaches, and the players will stall the high speed momentum they have in recruiting.  Saban also doesn't seem like the guy who will accept being spat on by his own fanbase.  Those little tirades he has in press conferences won't go so well when he has four losses before December.
Combined with Auburn's inevitable continued snowballing success?

The heavens are aligning for great things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 10:32:09 AM »
Combined with Auburn's inevitable continued snowballing success?

The heavens are aligning for great things.

I myself hear a clock ticking....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »

As bad as I want them to lose I don't see four losses.

Week 2: Saturday, September 6

TBA  Florida Atlantic Florida Atlantic 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

Week 3: Saturday, September 13

TBA  Southern Miss Southern Miss 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

Week 4: Saturday, September 20

TBA  Florida Florida 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

Week 6: Saturday, October 4

TBA   (7) Alabama Alabama 
@
 Mississippi Mississippi   

Week 7: Saturday, October 11

@
 Arkansas Arkansas   

Week 8: Saturday, October 18

TBA   (18) Texas A&M Texas A&M 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

Week 9: Saturday, October 25

@
 Tennessee Tennessee   

Week 11: Saturday, November 8

@
 LSU (14) LSU   

Week 12: Saturday, November 15

TBA  Mississippi St. Mississippi St. 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

Week 13: Saturday, November 22

TBA  Western Carolina Western Carolina 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

Week 14: Saturday, November 29

TBA   (2) Auburn Auburn 
@
 Alabama (7) Alabama   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2014, 12:52:30 PM »
I think they lose:

Ole Miss
LSU
Auburn

Teams they will struggle against:
West Virginia
MSU (Dak Prescott is a hoss, they scare me this year more than Ole Piss)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »
I think they lose:

Ole Miss
LSU
Auburn

Teams they will struggle against:
West Virginia
MSU (Dak Prescott is a hoss, they scare me this year more than Ole Piss)

Should they lose this one, They have a long season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »
Do you remember the years Auburn didn't have a quarterback? 

MosFrazTer?  Lost five games.  Could very easily have lost eight.  Lost games we didn't think there was a chance we would.  Lost some badly by the end. 

Do you remember Trotter "battling Cam Newton for the starting job until the last day of practice?"  Yeah. Sure.

What if Coker is essentially Barret Trotter (which based on what I've seen is a reasonably apt comparison)?  Blake Sims is Kiehl or worse.  The guy behind him makes Moseley look good. 

I've seen this movie before.  They're not going to fall completely off the rails, but nobody stays atop the mountain for more than three or four years at a run -- not even the sainted Bahr.  The cracks are there.  If this Coker lad isn't "the white Jameis Cam Winston Newton" they could become fissures. 

That this kind of pecker gobbling passes for "journalism" just fuels that potential earthquake.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/04/jacob_coker_working_his_way_to.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.