A Day 2014

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: A Day 2014
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »

Ben Edwards
@Ben_Edwards_

I have officially flipped from Ohio State to Auburn and im done!! #WarEagle

With God I can and will achieve everything I desire if its in his will. Committed to Auburn University. #WarEagle

Jacksonville,Florida · rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecrui…

I also heard, not to pour salt on an open wound, that the girls in pink didn't fair so well with their a day game.  17-13
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:45:33 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
- The offense was legit, but it showed that it was 1's vs. 2's. 

- Skill-wise, no one in the country has what we have on offense.  We have homerun hitters at every position and depth at most of them. 

- It was great seeing our offense click that way with Reese Dismukes on the sidelines.

- I was disappointed in Jeremy Johnson.  I know he was working with the 2nd team against the 1st team, but he looked off most of the game.  He did not look like a guy that could easily be our starter like we were lead to believe last year.  Most likely just a bad day, but he looked rough.

- CAP?  Grant?  Barber was hurt after one carry, but he's hyped to be good enough to start.  Oh and Roc Thomas is a 5 star with unreal potential.  Running back is definitely not a position to worry about.

- Duke Williams had "it."  Whatever "it" is.  He just has that look, that feel, that smoothness.  He reminds me of a Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson.  Not that he has their ability or potential, but he just has that humongous receiver size and can move fluidly like a point guard flying to the basket. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 12:10:09 AM »
My first official #cougarcrush of the season is Duke Williams. Holy crap. The kid can freaking ball.

Nick looked good. CAP will fill Mason's shoes with little if any drop off. Sammi + Duke = an opposing DC's worst nightmare.

I gotta get some new shades. I'm feeling mighty fine right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 12:17:54 AM »
I hope Barber is OK. He is that step needed between Grant and CAP.
There were times if NM had kept the ball, he was gone.

But keep in mind, this was not 1s vs 2s. This ended up more like vs 3s. There were several plays that looked good, but probably won't look as good against SEC defenses. But the weapons are awesome. Duke puts us in the devastation zone now.

If JJ cannot get a bit of zip on his passes, he'll be fighting off White next year!

Therezie still has pop. Reed played a lot with what seems to be the 1s. Mincy was used sparingly. Truitt is fast. Ricardo Louis is the new Trovon Reed!
Hard to tell how good the D was. They were never challenged. It would have been nice to see 1s on 1 for a couple of series.

NM looked very comfortable. He still needs work hitting the sideline bomb. He keeps pushing it OOB.

Ricky Parks is back in the mix now.

I thought they should have given Truitt a shop at punt return. Hell everybody else got a shot!

All in all. We could be scary good on offense. Defense is still the big question!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:19:47 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 12:37:10 AM »
I thought Barber had hurt his knee, but apparently it is a high ankle sprain.

The article says that Cass caused it, but Barber slipped on the wet grass. Had he not slipped...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/04/auburn_running_back_peyton_bar_2.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 02:31:01 AM »
Gate A is Tiger Walk.

I think Buzz, War Eagle!!!, Godfather and the Hollywood Marine are meeting there.  I hear Jumbo's Koozie will make an appearance.
Yes sirrrr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
- Skill-wise, no one in the country has what we have on offense.  We have homerun hitters at every position and depth at most of them. 
I will say that we have the most offensive talent than I've seen at AU. And, as you probably are aware, I know more about Auburn football than anyone on here.

My only real disappointments were Jeremy Johnson's performance and not getting to see Barber and Lawson. I've been hearing the same scuttlebutt about Barber and I think he may be the starter before the season's end.

I am also a little concerned about Montrae Adams. He worked with the 2's but his demeanor has me concerned. Garner said he could be one of the best to ever play at AU but he can't do it on raw talent alone. He needs an attitude adjustment and he can be great.

Overall, it was a fantastic A day and I had a blast. You could say it was disappointing that I didn't run into any of you guys but that would be a blatant lie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:50 PM »
Just curious when the lying will cease. 

Recorded both Auburn and Alabama's A-Day.  Drastic difference in the way the stands were filled for each. 

And yet those jackholes announce (and al.com backs it up) the "largest A-Day crowd in the nation."   Seriously?  It's about 1/2 Auburn's. 

Is it THAT important to them that they have to lie?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:13:19 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
CB Trovon Reed looked good...better than he has looked at WR since he's been at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »
After watching the replay yesterday I am pretty damn pumped about what this offense should be able to do.  I really do not remember a time when we have had more potential game changing weapons on offense.  Every position seems stacked with talent.

Defense is still a question mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »

Recorded both Auburn and Alabama's A-Day.  Drastic difference in the way the stands were filled for each. 

And yet those jackholes announce (and al.com backs it up) the "largest A-Day crowd in the nation."   Seriously?  It's about 1/2 Auburn's. 

Yeah but you probably even questioned if there were actually 1 mil black men at the million man march, which would make you a racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »
Another observation from a brilliant football mind. I was pleasantly surprised at the Van Gorder boy's play at safety. He is a physical player and made a great one handed would be interception on a dead ball play. I wonder if he'll see any pt.

Kenny Flowers seemed to have a good game based on the number of times I heard his name called. LB is still a concern but I think we are better there.

Kicking could be mediocre or sore spot, which isn't surprising with two first year guys. Nothing to write home about except the 50 yarder. Hard to tell though in a spring game. But punts didn't look great. I'm  sure the wind played a factor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 09:49:08 AM »
Nothing more to add to the comments about the offense, except that if defenses have to focus on Coates, Duke and Bray as much as you know they'll have to, CJ Uzlamabad will burn dat ass, quick.

Oh, and Jim & Nick's BBQ Friday night was the titz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »

Fuck 'em. They probably did flood the gates for kickoff for a FREE opportunity to visit their sacred holy ground which they could never afford to otherwise see. And left well before the end of the 0-0 first half.

Important distinction: Auburn's 70,000 for A-Day trailed only Penn State (72,000) and Alabama (73,000) in spring game attendance, but Penn State's and Alabama's were both free. Auburn's was the highest paid attendance.

I'd much rather use the event to raise $350,000 + concessions, etc. than claim an A-Day attendance national championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »
One other observation.  Shon Coleman is large sumbitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »
One other observation.  Shon Coleman is large sumbitch!

I wonder how many Tom Rinaldi funeral music stories are gonna come out of Shon's story.  I am certainly not downplaying what he has overcome AT ALL (my nephew is two years cancer free this month) but I really hate those stupid tear jerker stories. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »
I wonder how many Tom Rinaldi funeral music stories are gonna come out of Shon's story.  I am certainly not downplaying what he has overcome AT ALL (my nephew is two years cancer free this month) but I really hate those stupid tear jerker stories.

Yea, the Polish dude does better ones.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10250888
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:37:56 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
This is the video that played over the Jumbotron.

And if this leaves you with blue balls, here's the 2014 intro video to top you off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
This is the video that played over the Jumbotron.

And if this leaves you with blue balls, here's the 2014 intro video to top you off.

Well...keyboard is all sticky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

Well, their stadium capacity is something like 500,000 so their claim is probably true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."