« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 08:08:16 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: A Day 2014
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 09:20:26 AM »
http://auburn.scout.com/2/1395665.html
That's me, 14 rows up over Greg Robinsons left shoulder in the orange shirt. I did not want to be interviewed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
Radio douches in Mobile yesterday spent half the afternoon show explaining how an Aday where the offense doesn't score is a much better situation than where the offense runs wild. That an offensive showing was a sign of a terrible defense where a defensive shutout showed total team strength. Because after all Bama had a real scrimmage with 1s against 1s because they have stars everywhere and so much more depth that they wanted the challenge. Not like what Gus said was "showing off for the fans."

And then on college football live on ESPN I watched them debate the potential panic of bama not having a quarterback. Andre ware said it was a 10 out of 10. Joe schad laughed at him, rated it a 2 out of 10 and declared Jacob Coker a heisman front runner. 

It never ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »
So Coker was a 3 star coming out of HS. (Rivals)  His stats for 2013 in mop up duty were 18-36 (50% or 17/43rds) with no TD's and one interception. Apparently all the hype surrounding Coker comes from the fact that the coaches said the battle between he and The Roofie Rapist went "down to the wire". 

The kid certainly looks to have the size, 6'5" 230 and the FSU corches said he has a great arm.  He may come in and set every record known to man but Geez Louise, that's what all the hype is about???  So, he's never even taken a snap in practice at Bama.  He's never done anything on the field, either in HS or at FSU to warrant the type of drooling blather that's coming out of their fan base and the press.  He's been built up to be this larger than life figure that's going to come in to Fall practice, put the team on his shoulders and carry them back to the promise land.  May happen but, based on what?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
So Coker was a 3 star coming out of HS. (Rivals)  His stats for 2013 in mop up duty were 18-36 (50% or 17/43rds) with no TD's and one interception. Apparently all the hype surrounding Coker comes from the fact that the coaches said the battle between he and The Roofie Rapist went "down to the wire". 

I'm wondering if Coker was practicing with the 1's and having a "legit" shot at winning the starting position because the coaches weren't completely sure Winston wasn't going to jail. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »

The kid certainly looks to have the size, 6'5" 230 and the FSU corches said he has a great arm.  He may come in and set every record known to man but Geez Louise, that's what all the hype is about???  So, he's never even taken a snap in practice at Bama.  He's never done anything on the field, either in HS or at FSU to warrant the type of drooling blather that's coming out of their fan base and the press.  He's been built up to be this larger than life figure that's going to come in to Fall practice, put the team on his shoulders and carry them back to the promise land.  May happen but, based on what?

I believe that the kid is good. I think he prolly did push for the starting job with JW. I've heard people that saw him in HS talk about how good he was and FSU people say that he deserved the starting job last year. All of my belief is based on what I hear. And. largely on what they saw in HS and practice. We talking bout practice. We ain't talking bout no game. So, yes. Over-hyped. Why? Obviously because he is transferring to the best football team in the history of the sport and playing for the best coach in the game's history.

They don't really need him, mind you. They've got all those 5*'s on the bench but he may edge them out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »
Joe schad laughed at him, rated it a 2 out of 10 and declared Jacob Coker a heisman front runner. 

Don't be surprised if the Preseason ALL SEC Teams have Cromagnon Henry and Flipper Yeldon as the 1st team RBs and Coker as the 2nd team QB.

The slurpfest never ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 12:36:06 PM »
Don't be surprised if the Preseason ALL SEC Teams have Cromagnon Henry and Flipper Yeldon as the 1st team RBs and Coker as the 2nd team QB.

The slurpfest never ends.
You wouldn't have Coker 1st team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »

See turd fan base.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »

Not till he rapes someone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:49 PM »

No, there's always the guy from Mississippi State and/or Georgia for them to clamor over. The only way they don't have Nicko Suave as 1st team is if they come up with some shit about transfer players aren't eligible which I won't be surprised to learn of the day this is released.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 12:55:11 PM »
No, there's always the guy from Mississippi State and/or Georgia for them to clamor over. The only way they don't have Nicko Suave as 1st team is if they come up with some shit about transfer players aren't eligible which I won't be surprised to learn of the day this is released.

Let's take Cam as a perfect example of the difference in how all this is handled/perceived.  Cam was a big time stud coming out of HS.  Much more so than Coker.  By a long shot.  Signed with what at that time, was pretty much the premier program going in the Gaytah.  Unfortunately, played behind a college football god and then robbed dozens of students blind...boom, Junior College.  Rips shit up in JC and AU pays $180K to bring him in.   

Do you recall any hype?  Any claims of where he'd take us?  Was he even considered the heir apparent to the AU quarterback position? Answer: No to all of the above.  As Auburn fans, we were pumped to get a talented guy like that.  But no Joe Schad's proclaiming Heisman.  No calls to the Finebaum show hailing a great Auburn coup.  No media members instantly putting him in the SEC elite.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

noxin

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
Let's take Cam as a perfect example of the difference in how all this is handled/perceived.     

Overrated.  Remember, he was neck-and-neck with Chris Todd until right before the season started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »
This just in....Coker has been retroactively bumped to a 5-star.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
Let's take Cam as a perfect example of the difference in how all this is handled/perceived.  Cam was a big time stud coming out of HS.  Much more so than Coker.  By a long shot.  Signed with what at that time, was pretty much the premier program going in the Gaytah.  Unfortunately, played behind a college football god and then robbed dozens of students blind...boom, Junior College.  Rips shit up in JC and AU pays $180K to bring him in.   

Do you recall any hype?  Any claims of where he'd take us?  Was he even considered the heir apparent to the AU quarterback position? Answer: No to all of the above.  As Auburn fans, we were pumped to get a talented guy like that.  But no Joe Schad's proclaiming Heisman.  No calls to the Finebaum show hailing a great Auburn coup.  No media members instantly putting him in the SEC elite.     
I recall Jeff Driskell was supposed to be a world-beater. Everyone had them on their Heisman short lists. I remember being outraged that the exact justification they used as being a weakness for cam was that he was "unproven". He had just won a Juco national championship. Driskel was fresh out of HS at the time. It made zero sense.

My point is, the through-line is clearly that Auburn has to earn a mountain of respect before they'll ever get a speck of dirt's worth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
I recall Jeff Driskell was supposed to be a world-beater. Everyone had them on their Heisman short lists. I remember being outraged that the exact justification they used as being a weakness for cam was that he was "unproven". He had just won a Juco national championship. Driskel was fresh out of HS at the time. It made zero sense.

My point is, the through-line is clearly that Auburn has to earn a mountain of respect before they'll ever get a speck of dirt's worth.

To be fair, the Finebaum show has gone ballistic today because guys from ESPN are saying that Auburn is the clear cut favorite to win the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
To be fair, the Finebaum show has gone ballistic today because guys from ESPN are saying that Auburn is the clear cut favorite to win the SEC.
Don't stop him. He's on a roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »
Don't know about "clear cut" by any stretch.  Too much talent spread around this league.  That's why I laugh every year when I hear the "experts" say it's Bama and whoever else makes it into the MNCG.  But, I'd say we have as good a shot as anyone in this league or in the country for that matter.  And honestly, I can live with that.  Tee that shit up and let's see what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »

And the only we can get there is payment.  :miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions