Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spring Football

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Spring Football
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »
From what I've read, I like the move of Khari Harding to LB.  Listed at 6' 224, he's got more than enough size to play the position and Malzahn has said since he signed him that he's one of the hardest hitters he's ever seen.  Definitely need to establish some solid depth there, especially with Come on, Swain's status in limbo.
I'm right there with ya. I really like the move.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=23537.0

Well, damn. The video got yanked, anyway, it was a clip of Harding laying out one of our receivers (probably would've been a 15 yard penalty).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:05:51 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

noxin

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »
Well, damn. The video got yanked, anyway, it was a clip of Harding laying out one of our receivers (probably would've been a 15 yard penalty).

Should be a 30 yard penalty for laying out our receivers, since they never catch the ball anyway
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
Should be a 30 yard penalty for laying out our receivers, since they never catch the ball anyway
It's a new day my friend. All b.s. aside, I'm expecting more consistent catching of the ball this season. We had some big catches last year but def missed some key easy catches. Those will happen but we had too many.

I think DQ is a game changer and a guy like this will open things up for Sammy and others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2014, 11:18:16 AM »
It's a new day my friend. All b.s. aside, I'm expecting more consistent catching of the ball this season. We had some big catches last year but def missed some key easy catches. Those will happen but we had too many.

I think DQ is a game changer and a guy like this will open things up for Sammy and others.

What does ice cream have to do with this?  Although, they have a mean chicken finger box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
What does ice cream have to do with this?  Although, they have a mean chicken finger box.
Let's all go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »
Let's all go!

You buying? Awesome, thanks! I will bring my kids too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »
You buying? Awesome, thanks! I will bring my kids too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »

We've seen you lurking around the showers, looking for a footlong chili dog
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2014, 02:50:15 PM »
We've seen you lurking around the showers, looking for a footlong chili dog

They go down soooo yummy.  Sometimes, a little of the sauce drips down your chin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2014, 08:41:56 PM »
They go down soooo yummy.  Sometimes, a little of the sauce drips down your chin.
then you like to finish with hot fudge on your soft-serve?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »
I wish someone had a link to the video.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
I wish someone had a link to the video.

:thumsup:

Its the internets with goggles. There are a bunch of videos of hard hitting and laying out. :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »

Its the internets with goggles. There are a bunch of videos of hard hitting and laying out. :tits:

I think he wanted the video of snaggs eating a foot long
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »

Five dollar...five dollar foot long
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
I be gotz da scrills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2014, 01:36:33 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040514aaa.html
IT'S PRACTICE AND BEYOND FOR AUBURN'S PASSING GAME
April 5, 2014

By Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. -- Nick Marshall couldn't wait for spring practice to begin working on his passing game, so he called his receivers together and off they went to get better. 

The Auburn quarterback had been playing pass-and-catch before spring practice 2014 ever began.

"He's really starting to be a leader now, so he got the receivers together, he'd tell us the time and date," said receiver Tony Stevens. 

It shows, said fellow receiver Ricardo Louis, that Marshall "cares and wants to get better." 

The spring reports heading into a Saturday scrimmage on Marshall have been glowing.

"His leadership is very strong," Stevens said. "Last year, he wouldn't do the things that he does now, like go up to the line and tell them, 'hurry up, hurry up.' Now, I can see that he is very settled in the offense, he can just tell everybody what to do now, like how flat he wants us to go on routes, or how deep we should go. He's really very comfortable."

That's Nick Marshall. The receivers? They're getting better, too, with the addition of junior college transfer D'haquille Williams and newcomer Stanton Truitt and the natural growth by Stevens, Louis, Sammie Coates and the other veterans in Gus Malzahn's offense. 

Stevens called Williams and Truitt "outstanding."

"Truitt, he's very fast. He's got speed like Sammie and Ricardo Louis, and he's just out there, getting it in every day mentally and sometimes in there physically. Duke, he's a big body. You just give it to him, and he's going to go up there and get it. That's what we need in this offense. Playmakers." 

"There's a lot more competition," Louis said. "We have a lot more developed, experienced receivers out there. That just helps the whole receiving corps coming together."

Auburn led the nation in rushing when it ran for 4,596 yards and averaged 328.3 yards per game last season. The Tigers passed for 2,422. Could there be more balance in Auburn's future? How much tinkering do you after blasting through with a school-record 7,000 total yards?

"This year, I think it'll be more like everybody eats," Stevens said. "Right now, we've got so many weapons on offense from the running back position to the O-line to the skills. You can't just stop one of us, then you've got plenty more receivers in the slot, or at running back." 

Stevens figures he's ahead of his game after begin slowed last spring with a hamstring injury. Now, he says, "I'm trying to come in and compete with Sammie and Duke and try to get better every day." 

Stevens is going against a one-time fellow receiver these days. Trovon Reed has made the move to defensive back. 

"He's got a veteran's mindset. He likes to talk, and I really think that's what we need, somebody that can get in our head so we can stay in the game mentally," Stevens said.

More scouting reports? How about quarterback Jeremy Johnson?

"He's very good," Stevens said. "A hundred-miles-per-hour fastball, that's all he knows. He's been good, though. I can see he's transformed from last year. He knows how to read the coverage now, and knows where to throw it at, so he's gotten very good."

On receiver Dominic Walker...

"He's learning the playbook day by day. I think he really pays more attention now than last year, because I think he probably knew he wasn't going to play," Stevens said.

What about Stevens?

"He has a lot of big-play ability," Louis said. "He shows a lot of flashes of making big plays in practice. The more hard work he puts in, he'll be a great receiver."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
I know spring practice reports are supposed to be sunshine-pumping, rally-the-fanbase filler...

But goddamned if that one didn't give me a raging boner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
I know spring practice reports are supposed to be sunshine-pumping, rally-the-fanbase filler...

But goddamned if that one didn't give me a raging boner.

What's getting me all giddy is that we seem to have home run threats everywhere. Not just "the guy", like Tre was last year, but THE GUYS.  Receiver, line, backs - it's a target rich environment. Stop our run? There's Duke. Focus on the pass? Our QB will run for 20 yards. And on and on, combination after combination. With so many moving parts that are all equally talented, plus Gus's mad genius ability to scheme, we could frustrate the hell out of some people next year.

Yeah, sunshine pumping. But I'm getting a great tan anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions