Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spring Football

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Spring Football
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »
What about the Truit kid?  I've read some pretty good things about him as well.  I just don't know his ht/wt/penis size like I'm sure you do.

20.  Wait...wrong thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
I believe Truitt is no more than 5'10". Been reading great things about him and that he may now be the fastest guy on the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 09:53:55 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032714aae.html

AUBURN'S ELLIS JOHNSON SAYS DEFENSE ON MOVE THIS SPRING
March 27, 2014

Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. -- Ellis Johnson says he's ahead of the game this spring in his second year as Auburn's defensive coordinator.

There's no need to spend time installing a new system this time around. He did that last year.

This spring, he says, has been devoted to putting the right players in the right positions, like flipping linebackers Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy… and he says he's not going to let a rash of injuries sidetrack him from his appointed rounds.

"We've still got a long way to go, both from the standpoint of our improvement and from the standpoint of number of practices," Johnson said. "We do have a few guys making some positive steps, but, right now, we still have long way to and a lot of time for guys to make those moves."

There are plenty of wildcards because of injuries. Johnson said defensive end LaDarius Owens and linebacker JaViere Mitchell aren't practicing because each have a broken foot. Cassanova McKinzy is slowed by his bruise. Star Robenson Therezie is practicing despite a broken hand. Defensive back Josh Holsey limited as he recovers from ACL surgery. Defensive lineman Elijah Daniel is limited because of a groin injury.

The injuries have opened the door for others and experiments. Defensive tackles Gabe Wright and Montravius Adams are getting a look at defensive end.

"It really hasn’t been much of a luxury as it’s been a necessity," Johnson said. 'In addition to being very thin at defensive end in spring practice, we also got Elijah got a groin the very first drill of the very first practice. So we’ve actually got Montravius and Gabe working out at defensive end more as a necessity than as an evaluation. Both of them do some pretty impressive things out there, but we need their depth and rotation in the interior line. So I don’t foresee that being permanent, but it would be good that if we did have some unusual rash of injuries next year or something occur, those guys have got the ability to maybe go out there and help us."

The injury to Therezie at the Star position has allowed last year's spring standout, Justin Garrett, to spend time there as well as inside linebacker. He had won the starting job at Star last season before a foot injury, and then another foot injury, cost him much of the fall.

"Justin has been very unselfish in moving in, moving out, moving in, moving out," Johnson said. "It’s been probably hard on him to learn both, but he’s had a good spring so far and right now we can’t afford to move him."   

Johnson said defensive back Mackenro Alexander has "made a lot of improvement. He came in without the advantage of spring ball last year and he really never got caught up as a true freshman, but spring ball is really helping him."

Junior college transfer Derrick Moncrief has also done well.

"Moncrief has been an extremely pleasant surprise," Johnson said. "When you get a junior college player who’s not played in your system you always wonder how long is it going to take him to make the transition.

"I think at this point he is way beyond all of the new safeties. I say the word 'new', meaning those that we don’t already know about."

His experiment of flipping Kris Frost to Will linebacker, and Cassanova McKinzy to the Mike linebacker, has gone well.

"Some of it, physically, has been very good. Kris has made a real quick transition and has looked really good," Johnson said. 'Cassanova has been bothered by a bruised bone in his hip and he has not been practicing very much. The three days he was healthy and full-speed out there he had some really good practices.

"If I had to throw a guess out there right now, if both of them were back to full-speed I would probably leave McKinzy at the Mike and keep Frost at the Will. Today’s practice Kris played both and as the practice went on he rotated at both spots. I would like for them to continue to do that. "
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:46 AM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032714aae.html

I saw Motravious playing DE...a stand up DE.  It looked pretty cool to have that size ot there.  And he's pretty damn athletic too.  He isn't one of Garner's faves though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »
I didn't read anything about Jake Holland in that article...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 02:22:52 AM »
I didn't read anything about Jake Holland in that article...

He was at practice Tue.  but thankfully not in uniform!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »
Anthony Swain is out for the spring because of "off the field issues."  Any word on what's up with him? 

Come on, Swain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
Anthony Swain is out for the spring because of "off the field issues."  Any word on what's up with him? 

Come on, Swain.
What I heard is that he isn't practicing with the team during the spring because of a non football related issue. This is the inside scoop, so keep it under your hat home cuz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
What I heard is that he isn't practicing with the team during the spring because of a non football related issue. This is the inside scoop, so keep it under your hat home cuz.

Word on the street says his problems have nothing to do with football.  These streets have been spot on in the past. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
Word on the street says his problems have nothing to do with football.  These streets have been spot on in the past.
Truthfully, my sources did not say that they had nothing to do with football. I made that up. Only said that they were off the field, so he wasn't actually on the field (football, hay or intramural) when said issue occurred. Srsly, if you are trying to put your source in the same category as my sources and connections, there is no need in us having this conversation. I know people. Let's just leave it at that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
Truthfully, my sources did not say that they had nothing to do with football. I made that up. Only said that they were off the field, so he wasn't actually on the field (football, hay or intramural) when said issue occurred. Srsly, if you are trying to put your source in the same category as my sources and connections, there is no need in us having this conversation. I know people. Let's just leave it at that.

Swain is out standing in his field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:03 PM »
Swain is out standing in his field.
Maybe the issue is that he decided to be a farmer. But, I'm not at liberty to discuss specifics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »

Come on, Swain.

I like the way he gets off the field
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »

Would not all problems that didn't occur on the field be off the field, unless of course they occurred on the field. So if he punched someone on the field that would be an off the field problem that occurred on the field.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »
I like the way he gets off the field
Back in the day, when I played HS ball, I was really one of the better players on my team at this. I would run out there and the coaches would yell, "Get the fuck off the field!!" and I'd run back really fast. It happened like every game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »
Okay, apparently I've been living under a rock there, Geico.  I totally missed that we have the son of an all time AU great on the roster.  Well, I say son but his bio lists two baby daddy's.  Hello Lawyer Tillman. 

College/High School | Spent one season at Southern Oregon University ... conference offensive MVP as a senior at North Thurston High ... High School Coach: Rocky Patchin ... 2,775 yards rushing, 43 rushing TD ... 527 receiving yards, 7 receiving TD ... first team all-state, all-area and all-conference ... team captain for the Rams ... Earl Bardin East-West All-Star Classic ... also wrestled and ran track

Personal | Son of Rachel and Dion Garnett and Lawyer Tillman, an all-SEC receiver at Auburn (1985-86-87-88) and in the NFL for the Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers ... has two sisters, Patrice and Bethany ... Major at Auburn: Psychology ... member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 05:49:48 PM »
I saw Motravious playing DE...a stand up DE.  It looked pretty cool to have that size ot there.  And he's pretty damn athletic too.  He isn't one of Garner's faves though.

What is Garner's rub with M.A.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »

I forgot what mod said it, but apparently Garner thinks he has the potential to be one of the best to ever play for us and wants him to work harder.  I remember a practice video from last year where he was telling him and Jeff Whitaker they were soft. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »
I forgot what mod said it, but apparently Garner thinks he has the potential to be one of the best to ever play for us and wants him to work harder.  I remember a practice video from last year where he was telling him and Jeff Whitaker they were soft.

Big Mo is such a sweet teddy bear of a guy who gives great hugs, and I love that. But I still want him to eat opposing players for lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »

Lots of talent but lazy.