Starts tomorrow.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Spring Football
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
 :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
Was listening to our local sports talk show driving back from lunch. The host was giving practice notes from yesterday and at the end of the list he says, "And Jake Holland was granted 4 more years of eligibility."

I called the show and told them I didn't have much time because I was waiting on the tow truck to come get my car out of the ditch.  And that I expected them to pay the tow bill.

I'm firing off a nasty email to management about the offensive humor and I expect the host to be suspended indefinitely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »
What is this spring football you speak of?  Auburn is now a basketball school...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
By Phillip Marshall
 AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. - Wide receiver D’haquille Williams’ reputation preceded him to Auburn. He was the nation’s No. 1 junior college prospect, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound wide receiver with the kind speed, hands and athleticism that make get the attention of NFL scouts.

Williams, who signed with Auburn last December, practiced for the first time with his new teammates when the Tigers began spring practice on Tuesday. And it didn’t take him long to get the attention of the veterans in the secondary.

“He’s a competitor,” senior cornerback Jonathon Mincy said. “He’s going to talk. He’s going to get in your face. That’s something you want from your wide receivers. We are going to go out there and compete with him.”

Asked if he returned the talk in kind, Mincy grinned. “Definitely,” he said. “We’re not going to talk about it.”

Senior safety Jermaine Whitehead said it is clear that Williams and freshman receiver Stanton Truitt have game-changing ability.

“He reminds me a lot of Sammie (Coates),” Whitehead said. “He can get vertical fast, but also can put his foot in the ground and make plays across the field. Truitt is going to be a good guy, quick with his feet and great hands. There is a lot of confidence out of both of those guys. They are going to be able to help us real fast.”

Senior Trovon Reed practiced at cornerback for the first time Tuesday after spending his first three Auburn seasons at wide receiver. One of the more popular and well-respected players on Auburn’s team, he earned more respect from his teammates.

“He looked good,” Mincy said. “He looked like he’s been playing corner for a long time.”

Whitehead welcomed the move.

“I always liked Trovon’s energy,” Whitehead said. “When he played offense, he was the guy I went at to get pumped and have a good day. Now he’s on my side of the ball. It’s going to be a long year for the offense.”

Here are the numbers for Auburn’s five newcomers: 1 Williams, 10 Truitt, 52 C Xavier Dampeer, 24 S Derrick Moncrief, 47 TE Chris Laye.

Reed has switched from No. 1 to No. 25.

Auburn will return to the practice field Thursday for the second day of spring practice. Saturday, the Tigers will practice in full pads at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »
We all know Trovon can't catch worth a lick, he will fit right in at Cornerback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 05:20:42 PM »
We all know Trovon can't catch worth a lick, he will fit right in at Cornerback.

This is the year of the Trovon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
This Every year is the year of the Trovon.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »
He's the Chicago Cubs of Auburn football
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
He's the Chicago Cubs of Auburn football

I disagree, he still has a chance to play in the fall after April 1st.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »

I disagree, he still has a chance to play in the fall after April 1st.
:kimclap:

Very keen response!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 08:44:09 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032514aag.html
SPRING NOTEBOOK, DAY 4: MARSHALL PASSES ON TARGET
March 25, 2014

AUBURN, Ala. – Senior Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall vowed to take his passing game to a higher level, and his teammates say he’s done that in a big way through four days of spring practice.

"I’m seeing an NFL caliber quarterback already," senior wide receiver Quan Bray said. "He’s making throws he wasn’t making in the spring last year. He’s leading us and being that guy we can lean on, and he can lean on us."

Bray says Marshall, who arrived from Garden City (Kan.) Community College last summer, led the Tigers to a 12-2 record and the Southeastern Conference championship. But Bray says he’s even a more consistent and confident player now

"He knows everybody and we know him," Bray said. "He’s to the point where everything is clicking. He knows the offense. He’s throwing the ball where he’s supposed to and making the right reads."

Junior wide receiver Sammie Coates says Marshall will do big things on the field.

"Nick is throwing the ball real well this spring," Coates said. "He’s making great reads. He’s going to shock the world with what he does."

As Auburn won nine consecutive games en route to the BCS Championship Game last season, Marshall and departed tailback Tre Mason dazzled defenses with the zone read. Tailback Cameron Artis-Payne says Marshall will do that and more in 2014.

"It’s just him being comfortable and knowing his reads right away, going through the progressions quicker," Artis-Payne said. "He’s hitting on more deep balls than he used to. I think he’s going to have a really big year."
--Phillip Marshall

Corey Grant: Full speed ahead 

Running back Corey Grant isn't the biggest guy around, but that won't stop him from showing he's not afraid to mix it up.

"That’s one thing I do want to do, establish myself, because you know it’s a question if I can run between the tackles, I want to get that established throughout spring and going into the fall, letting everybody know I can do that." 

That said, Grant said he doesn't mind being called the "speed guy."

"I like that. It’s kind of to my advantage, my speed is a little bit more of me than power, but I accept that role and like that role," Grant said.
-- Charles Goldberg 

Cameron Artis-Payne says he can do it 

Tre Mason rushed for 1,800 yards last season. Cameron Artis-Payne said he could have a big year, too. 

"I definitely feel like with those carries that I could do something similar. I could put up those types of numbers," Artis-Payne said.
-- Charles Goldberg

An interesting ride for Quan Bray

Wide receiver Quan Bray has arrived at his final Auburn season, and he marveled Tuesday at what he has seen and experienced.

"It’s a blessing to make it this far," Bray said. "A lot of people don’t get this chance. I’ve seen a lot, been through a lot – a coaching change, a 3-9 season, the next season going to the national championship. It’s a blessing to see a lot of different things in life."
--Phillip Marshall

Therezie: Going fast good for the defense, too

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has vowed to add more tempo to his hurryup, no-huddle offense, and senior Star Robenson Therezie says that’s good for the defense, too.

"It’s very important," Therezie said. "We run against our own offense ,and it gets us in shape and helps us recognize what the next play is going to be. The pace doesn’t affect us now. I can remember when Coach Malzahn first got here and the pace was difficult. Now we’ve caught on to it and it’s good for us."
--Phillip Marshall

Moncrief makes and early impact at safety

Junior college transfer Derrick Moncrief was getting snaps with the first team at boundary safety from the first day of spring practice, and he has captured the attention of his teammates.

"He’s done a good job," senior Star Robenson Therezie said. "He’s learning faster than any other player that has played that position. I feel like that position fits him. He can learn both free and boundary. He can be a guy we can count on to replace some of the veterans we lost last season.
--Phillip Marshall

Coates says drops are no longer an issue

Junior wide receiver Sammie Coates was plagued by drop passes through his redshirt freshman season and early last season before going the final seven games without one.

He said Tuesday those problems are in the past.

"It’s behind me," Coates said. "I know if I do drop one at practice, it happens. I can’t let it bother me like I used to do. I know I have to move on and just keep making plays."
--Phillip Marshall
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 10:19:29 PM »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:23:46 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 10:22:30 PM »
It moved, Jerry
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 08:22:57 AM »
"He’s making throws he wasn’t making in the spring last year.

Well, that is an understatement. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:07 AM »
"He’s making throws he wasn’t making in the spring last year.

Well, that is an understatement. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I saw that and thought how would he know. Somewhere he might have been making those throws. Just not at AU!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 11:07:25 AM »
More from the heights and weights kinda' guy.  Check out these wide receivers, which don't include the likes of Quan Bray or Marcus Davis.

Sammie Coates  6'2"  201

Melvin Ray  6'3"  207

Duke Williams  6'2"  216  (His close friends call him Duke)

Dominic Walker  6'1"  217

Tony Stevens  6'4"  198

Ricardo Louis  6'2"  212

There was an article on the al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. today about how Stevens and Walker are coming on strong this spring.  Have we ever had a group of guys this big at receiver?  Not even close.  Good Goobilty Goo, Fred!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
More from the heights and weights kinda' guy.  Check out these wide receivers, which don't include the likes of Quan Bray or Marcus Davis.

Sammie Coates  6'2"  201

Melvin Ray  6'3"  207

Tony Stevens  6'4"  198

Ricardo Louis  6'2"  212

There was an article on the al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. today about how Stevens and Walker are coming on strong this spring.  Have we ever had a group of guys this big at receiver?  Not even close.  Good Goobilty Goo, Fred!!!

Well there was that year the me and Lawyer Tilman were on the team...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »

Sammie Coates  6'2"  201

Melvin Ray  6'3"  207

Tony Stevens  6'4"  198

Ricardo Louis  6'2"  212

What about the Truit kid?  I've read some pretty good things about him as well.  I just don't know his ht/wt/penis size like I'm sure you do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions