Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another f'ing Hoolywood idiot

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Another f'ing Hoolywood idiot
« on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »
Kristin Cavallari - not even sure exactly who she is, other than some fucking blonde bimbo from some stupid show on the CW - is married to Jay Cutler, and is currently expecting their second child. She admitted on a talk show today that she and Jay elected not to vaccinate their oldest child, and have no plans to vaccinate their new baby either. She said she read "too many scary studies about the link to autism".

Fucking idiot.

Saw on the news tonight that California has had 32 cases of measles so far this year.  By this time last year, there had been THREE reported cases. Measles is a vaccine-preventable disease. This outrages me beyond sanity.

God bless those two babies for having such fucking idiots for parents. What if they step on a nail?  Get a scratch?  Wind up with tetanus??

I thought Vandy was supposed to be a school for smart people?  If so, Jay Cutler is not a shining example.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Another f'ing Hoolywood idiot
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:06:26 AM »
They have an outbreak in NYC earlier  b/c of these dumbass anti-vaxers.  May Jenny McCarthy die in a fire for helping spear head this shit!  All you have to do is take the medical guide they will give about vaccinations and do some research and see it's not bad for you or your children.  I hate anti-vaxers with the burning fury of a thousand suns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:26:24 AM »
They have an outbreak in NYC earlier  b/c of these dumbass anti-vaxers.  May Jenny McCarthy die in a fire for helping spear head this shit!  All you have to do is take the medical guide they will give about vaccinations and do some research and see it's not bad for you or your children.  I hate anti-vaxers with the burning fury of a thousand suns.

I'd light it and then roast marshmallows.  She is going to hell for sure for this. I hope she gets jabbed with needles for all eternity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:36:20 PM »
"...too many scary studies that link vaccinations to autism". Where the hell are all these reputbale studies? He'll, there are studies that want to link autism to just about everything. She might as well also choose not to bathe, clothe, or feed her child if she is going to believe every half-ass study that some fringe researcher releases to justify their job or grant they received to conduct the study.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »
"...too many scary studies that link vaccinations to autism". Where the hell are all these reputbale studies?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism/

Recent estimates from CDC's Autism Developmental Disabilities Monitoring network found that about 1 in 88 children have ASD. This estimate is higher than estimates from the early 1990s. Over the years, some people have had concerns that autism might be linked to the vaccines children receive. One vaccine ingredient that has been studied specifically is thimerosal, previously used as a preservative in many recommended childhood vaccines. However, in 2001 thimerosal was removed or reduced to trace amounts in all childhood vaccines except for one type of influenza vaccine, and thimerosal-free alternatives are available for influenza vaccine. Evidence from several studies examining trends in vaccine use and changes in autism frequency does not support such an association between thimerosal and autism. Furthermore, a scientific reviewExternal Web Site Icon by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) concluded that "the evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosal–containing vaccines and autism." CDC supports the IOM conclusion that there is no relationship between vaccines containing thimerosal and autism rates in children.

The IOM also recently conducted a thorough review of the current medical and scientific evidence on vaccines and certain health events that may be observed after vaccination. It released a report in August 2011 on 8 vaccines given to children and adults that found the vaccines to be generally safe and serious adverse events following these vaccinations to be rare.

http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=VAERS+autism

A two-phase study evaluating the relationship between Thimerosal-containing vaccine administration and the risk for an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis in the United States.

Thimerosal seems to be the culprit, but they have long since removed it from vaccines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »
Not just for kids, a girl I know was expecting and refused to get a flu vaccine even though she works at the hospital because she was worried about how it might affect the baby.  She ended up getting the flu and was shocked when the doctor told her it might lead to birth defects or stillbirth (luckily she delivered a perfectly healthy boy just this past weekend).  Every year people freak out over vaccines and the latest and greatest flu strain that is named after some animal and every year somewhere between 3000-49000 people die from good ole seasonal flu.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_flu-related_deaths.htm

How many people die from seasonal flu each year in the United States?

The number of seasonal influenza-associated (i.e., seasonal flu-related) deaths varies from year to year because flu seasons are unpredictable and often fluctuate in length and severity. Therefore, a single estimate cannot be used to summarize influenza-associated deaths. Instead, a range of estimated deaths is a better way to represent the variability and unpredictability of flu. An August 27, 2010 MMWR report entitled “Thompson MG et al. Updated Estimates of Mortality Associated with Seasonal Influenza through the 2006-2007 Influenza Season. MMWR 2010; 59(33): 1057-1062.," provides updated estimates of the range of flu-associated deaths that occurred in the United States during the three decades prior to 2007. CDC estimates that from the 1976-1977 season to the 2006-2007 flu season, flu-associated deaths ranged from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people. Death certificate data and weekly influenza virus surveillance information was used to estimate how many flu-related deaths occurred among people whose underlying cause of death was listed as respiratory or circulatory disease on their death certificate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:08 AM »
You guys enjoy your witch hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
Have fun storming the castle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
Haven't had a flu shot in, well, I can't remember.

As far as vaccinations go, I do think the cocktails are the problem. Growing up, we mostly got a one for one vaccine. These new all in one cocktails seem to be a bit iffy over the years.

Am I advocating no vaccines? No. I just think parents should be smart about it and the government should be smart also. The rise in autism is not a fluke. And all of you who are in it "for the children" should see that. I also do not trust that all vaccinations are "good".   

They tried to push the HPV vaccine on our daughters and that thing is shit.

I still think it is the parent's choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
Haven't had a flu shot in, well, I can't remember.

As far as vaccinations go, I do think the roostertails are the problem. Growing up, we mostly got a one for one vaccine. These new all in one roostertails seem to be a bit iffy over the years.

Am I advocating no vaccines? No. I just think parents should be smart about it and the government should be smart also. The rise in autism is not a fluke. And all of you who are in it "for the children" should see that. I also do not trust that all vaccinations are "good".   

They tried to push the HPV vaccine on our daughters and that thing is shoot.

I still think it is the parent's choice.

Should be the rise in autism diagnoses is not a fluke.  Same for rise in ADHD diagnoses.  I know that I went to school with kids who would today have been diagnosed with one of those things who were instead just placed in remedial classes or held back until they could mature a little bit.

People trying to diagnose autism at an early age is becoming a problem.  My son had a speech delay caused mainly by a hearing problem and one of his daycare workers pulled us aside and told us with confidence that he was showing signs of autism.  We asked our doctor about it and he told us that he didn't believe that was so, then he warned us that we needed to pull our kid out of that particular daycare because once that label became attached it would follow him throughout his school career.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 11:14:35 AM »
Should be the rise in autism diagnoses is not a fluke.  Same for rise in ADHD diagnoses.  I know that I went to school with kids who would today have been diagnosed with one of those things who were instead just placed in remedial classes or held back until they could mature a little bit.

People trying to diagnose autism at an early age is becoming a problem.  My son had a speech delay caused mainly by a hearing problem and one of his daycare workers pulled us aside and told us with confidence that he was showing signs of autism.  We asked our doctor about it and he told us that he didn't believe that was so, then he warned us that we needed to pull our kid out of that particular daycare because once that label became attached it would follow him throughout his school career.

That last statement is totally false. Trust me on this one.

Who says it's becomimg a problem? Let me guess... "they" right? A diagnosis isn't an overzealous daycare worker thinking something is wrong that isn't. There are official tests they are given to determine it and that is what constitutes a "diagnosis". This test is what is required for most school systems to classify them as autistic under a special needs program (IEP).  An IEP provides protections by state and federal govt to them so they CANNOT be labeled or mistreated. This is also the case with anything else considered a disability. Many don't know they can use the law to their advantage.

But hey, misinformation makes the world go round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
That last statement is totally false. Trust me on this one.

Who says it's becomimg a problem? Let me guess... "they" right? A diagnosis isn't an overzealous daycare worker thinking something is wrong that isn't. There are official tests they are given to determine it and that is what constitutes a "diagnosis". This test is what is required for most school systems to classify them as autistic under a special needs program (IEP).  An IEP provides protections by state and federal govt to them so they CANNOT be labeled or mistreated. This is also the case with anything else considered a disability. Many don't know they can use the law to their advantage.

But hey, misinformation makes the world go round.

Well I was trusting the word of doctor who is an excellent physician and deals with kids from birth to 18.  He said it was problem and I trust him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
Well I was trusting the word of doctor who is an excellent physician and deals with kids from birth to 18.  He said it was problem and I trust him.

Don't know who your physician is, but he was right to suggest pulling your kid out of that daycare.  Wrong if he implied that autism diagnosis is similar to ADHD or any other trendy type of "disorder."

Autism is rather obvious.  It's very serious delays in development.  Regression.  Failure to achieve physical accomplishments.  Lack of emotional response.  Repetitive motions.  Obsessions.  Whole lot more.

I taught 5-6 autistic kids each year I was a teacher (six years).  Not one at the high school level with an autism or asperger's diagnosis seemed fake or wrongly diagnosed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
Don't know who your physician is, but he was right to suggest pulling your kid out of that daycare.  Wrong if he implied that autism diagnosis is similar to ADHD or any other trendy type of "disorder."

Autism is rather obvious.  It's very serious delays in development.  Regression.  Failure to achieve physical accomplishments.  Lack of emotional response.  Repetitive motions.  Obsessions.  Whole lot more.

I taught 5-6 autistic kids each year I was a teacher (six years).  Not one at the high school level with an autism or asperger's diagnosis seemed fake or wrongly diagnosed.

He wasn't comparing autism to ADHD, I was just making reference to both diagnoses being on the rise.  And I stand by what I said, not just because diagnoses is on the rise doesn't necessarily mean the disease is on the rise.  My wife has a cousin who is severely autistic, he's 18 and non-verbal, can't read, can't use the restroom on his own.  I have another friend who's kid is diagnosed with autism, he's 16 and is kind of quiet and shy, good grades in school, has a cute girlfriend, a part time job, and a car that he paid for himself.  If he had been in school when I was I doubt he would have been diagnosed.  I'm not saying that he doesn't have autism, just that at a certain point in time he would have just been considered quiet and anti-social.

And incidentally our doctor's theory on autism and why more boys are diagnosed than girls is a lack of a specific omega 3 DHA.  It's a nutrient that aids brain development.  This nutrient is one that can be manufactured in your body but women do it better than men so men need more outside DHA coming in.  It is proven as a deficiency in DHA as a link to alzheimers but not really linked to autism. 

https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/docosahexaenoic-acid-dha

Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid. It is found in cold water fatty fish, such as salmon. It is also found in fish oil supplements, along with eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Vegetarian sources of DHA come from seaweed.

Omega-3 fatty acids are good for your heart, and your body needs DHA for a healthy brain. Infants need DHA, especially during the first 6 months of their lives, so their brains, eyes, and nervous systems can develop as they should. DHA is found in breast milk and is added to some infant formula.

Our bodies naturally make small amounts of DHA, but we must get the amounts we need from food or supplements. Most people in the Western world do not get enough omega-3 fatty acids in their diet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »
They tried to push the HPV vaccine on our daughters and that thing is shit.
There should be PSAs telling everybody to watch out for that HowardsPenis->Vagina vaccine with your teenage daughters
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »
I had my last flu shot shortly before ETS'g the US Army in 1985.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »
I think the HPV vaccine was mis-marketed with the wrong approach. Trying to make it mandatory for young girls was wrong, as was hammering the whole "sexually related" thing, as the "abstinence only!!" crowd jumped all over that.  "My daughter ain't never gonna have sex!  She ain't no slut!"  That pretty much killed it right there, when it's really a good idea. Both men and women can have serious problems from the HPV virus. It's probably a good idea at some point for a woman who may have sex with more than one person in her life. Doesn't make you a slut any more than taking the pill does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »

What this guy said ^^

For the record, I have a child with autism and it was obvious very early. And it's not something a regular pediatrician is equipped to handle. They basically send you to a child psychologist and or specialist who officially tests and diagnoses them.

I know more about this disorder than I ever cared to know about but it is what it is.

The omega 3 thing is a good theory and helps SOME but it's more complicated than that. It's truly a puzzle. You basically have to manage it with a combo of therapy, minerals and diet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:45:11 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 12:59:55 AM »
I think the HPV vaccine was mis-marketed with the wrong approach. Trying to make it mandatory for young girls was wrong, as was hammering the whole "sexually related" thing, as the "abstinence only!!" crowd jumped all over that.  "My daughter ain't never gonna have sex!  She ain't no slut!"  That pretty much killed it right there, when it's really a good idea. Both men and women can have serious problems from the HPV virus. It's probably a good idea at some point for a woman who may have sex with more than one person in her life. Doesn't make you a slut any more than taking the pill does.

I'll let someone else daughter be the guinea pig for it.
Too much false data and bad side effects:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/16/hpv-vaccine-effectiveness.aspx#!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
She was uber hot on the Hills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.