Which makes her a hot Idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Another f'ing Hoolywood idiot
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 01:27:39 PM »
Is there a link between autism and vaccinations?

The number of autistic children seems to rising...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/health/cdc-autism/index.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »

Although I am sure you would enjoy, it, please don't make me hurt you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »

There's a link between labels and the need to apply them to people.  Kids aren't just fidgety, they're ADDHDDDDD. They're not just a little weird, they're autistic. 

Pfffttt on 95% of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:08 PM »
Although I am sure you would enjoy, it, please don't make me hurt you.

I'm just asking if there truly is a correlation. If so, then it needs to be addressed. To totally avoid vaccinations can prove to be just as detrimental as taking them in the wrong way and causing an increase in autism.

It just seems at this time, there is not enough research or discussion.

And the numbers are increasing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »
There's a link between labels and the need to apply them to people.  Kids aren't just fidgety, they're ADDHDDDDD. They're not just a little weird, they're autistic. 

Pfffttt on 95% of that.

And that may be also.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
Not a fan of all the labeling.  There are very real problems, like autism, that need to be understood as to the causes and hopefully, treatment.  But as K said, so much of the ADHDTV is a whole lot of pfffft.  That kind of label has been put on my son, so my wife the teacher, thinks medication is the way to go.  I don't.  We've spent many years arguing over what meds he needs or if he needs them at all.  I'm of the very unscientific opinion that he gets a little more mature each year and will eventually grow out of his fidgeting and lack of attention span.

I know it's not that simple and being that my wife has been dealing with children for the better part of 25 years, I've seen first hand many kids that could not stay in the classroom if it weren't for the meds.  But much of it is overanalyzing, thinking everything has to have a diagnosis or a label...and a solution.  When the reality is they need an ass whipping and some maturity. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
I'm just asking if there truly is a correlation. If so, then it needs to be addressed. To totally avoid vaccinations can prove to be just as detrimental as taking them in the wrong way and causing an increase in autism.

It just seems at this time, there is not enough research or discussion.

And the numbers are increasing.

My wife has a cousin that is CDD.  She is labled as autistic because this falls under the "autism spectrum".  No, she doesn't have autism, she had freaking CDD, quit labeling as autism and label it what it is.  Same with Aspergers.  They still aren't sure if it is a form of autism or not, it's still being debated.  A lot is unknown about autism.  I would also bet that another reason for the rise in numbers is that we didn't know what to label it back in the day.  We just passed if off as being weird watching someone do things like rock back and forth and arrange their desk in perfect order and have a meltdown if it wasn't just so. 

I did read something the other day and if I can dig it up I will post a link later, but most cases of autism are occurring in upper middle class and wealthy households.  Could it be b/c most of those people have a career firmly established and have wanted longer to have Children?  The older you are the more risky it becomes for the baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
Not a fan of all the labeling.  There are very real problems, like autism, that need to be understood as to the causes and hopefully, treatment.  But as K said, so much of the ADHDTV is a whole lot of pfffft.  That kind of label has been put on my son, so my wife the teacher, thinks medication is the way to go.  I don't.  We've spent many years arguing over what meds he needs or if he needs them at all.  I'm of the very unscientific opinion that he gets a little more mature each year and will eventually grow out of his fidgeting and lack of attention span.

I know it's not that simple and being that my wife has been dealing with children for the better part of 25 years, I've seen first hand many kids that could not stay in the classroom if it weren't for the meds.  But much of it is overanalyzing, thinking everything has to have a diagnosis or a label...and a solution.  When the reality is they need an ass whipping and some maturity.

When I was a kid my doctor told my mom that I was ADD and needed medicine, she said no.  Chalked it up as me just being a boy.  I got a lot of ass whippings and in the process learned how not to do that certain one thing again.  I still need the maturity though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
I have "squirrel" syndrome.  I am easily distracted and will chase conversational squirrels regularly. 

I tried to do some interviews with possible interns in a cafe where I could see out the window.  There was a parade in town that day.  I was barely coherent.  "So, your resume says you have experience in Photoshop, Publisher and ... hey, look at that woman with the Harley Quinn outfit, that's crazy... is that a dragon on the front of that float... what time is the parade, do you think we could catch the end of it... oh, uhhh... yeah, graphic design... does this place have gelato or is that the other place..."  They made me sit with my back to the window after the first one.  But watching Beardsly McDougle make coffee while Stringy LaGoth served it up with her awesome makeup and torn fishnet leggings was equally distracting. 

I currently have 14 chrome tabs open, am working a crossword, looking at pictures on my phone and answering emails.  I have to do things. 

I don't need medicine for that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »

There is hope. My daughter was one of those that had to take meds for a while. We tried everything to avoid it. But it was clear that she needed it. We would only give it to her on school days and deal with the other days as best we could. Over time she learned to cope with how she was and stopped taking it. She is doing great and stays very busy athletically.

So, if you do have to use meds, use them wisely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »
I don't need medicine for that.

Well....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
There is hope. My daughter was one of those that had to take meds for a while. We tried everything to avoid it. But it was clear that she needed it. We would only give it to her on school days and deal with the other days as best we could. Over time she learned to cope with how she was and stopped taking it. She is doing great and stays very busy athletically.

So, if you do have to use meds, use them wisely.

Question: don't you have to keep a regular dosage schedule to keep the effect predictable?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
Question: don't you have to keep a regular dosage schedule to keep the effect predictable?

It depends on the type of med. But we were OK during the week and if there was a function that she needed to concentrate on.

Otherwise, we let her try to flush her system. And we never used it if school was out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »
How many rabbits does it take to change a light bulb?  Want to play tennis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »
I may have ADD but I also don't give a shit what anyone has to say. That's more of my problem with concentration. That and the crack rock. It's hard to understand what any of you are talking about right now and your faces look weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:46 PM »
Page 2 of this thread is so full of dumbassery that it's sad.

You guys keep beating the "it's not real" drum all you want and try to oversimplify it all wrapped nicely with a bow - if it makes you feel better about your flawed arguments. You're believing what you want to believe. It's not just labels. But hey don't let it stop your witch hunt for Jenny McCarthy. I'm sure you are all experts on how the brain behaves in these situations, brain chemicals, imbalances, hormone levels and the anatomy of anything similar in general. Saying that "a good ass beating will fix em up" borderlines on idiotic medieval thinking. Sounds like something that a dumb fucking redneck would say.

Besides if you don't believe in autism or a link to it, then what do you care? It's not hurting you if someone else does. If you believe in the vaccination then get it. You'll be covered. Nothing will touch you. Right?

I usually get amusement out of watching people pretend to know so much about something they actually know so little about but in this case it's just pathetic.  Wes and cct are about the only ones remotely making any sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »
My wife has a cousin that is CDD.  She is labled as autistic because this falls under the "autism spectrum".  No, she doesn't have autism, she had freaking CDD, quit labeling as autism and label it what it is.  Same with Aspergers.  They still aren't sure if it is a form of autism or not, it's still being debated.  A lot is unknown about autism.  I would also bet that another reason for the rise in numbers is that we didn't know what to label it back in the day.  We just passed if off as being weird watching someone do things like rock back and forth and arrange their desk in perfect order and have a meltdown if it wasn't just so. 

I did read something the other day and if I can dig it up I will post a link later, but most cases of autism are occurring in upper middle class and wealthy households.  Could it be b/c most of those people have a career firmly established and have wanted longer to have Children?  The older you are the more risky it becomes for the baby.

You know your my boy blue, but all that above? Full of fail. On many levels.

You guys are really mixing together unofficial labels (from a school, parent, teacher whoever) and official diagnosises which take shitloads of extensive tests and months to conduct. Heresay and misinformation are a real bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
Page 2 of this thread is so full of dumbassery that it's sad.

You guys keep beating the "it's not real" drum all you want and try to oversimplify it all wrapped nicely with a bow - if it makes you feel better about your flawed arguments. You're believing what you want to believe. It's not just labels. But hey don't let it stop your witch hunt for Jenny McCarthy. I'm sure you are all experts on how the brain behaves in these situations, brain chemicals, imbalances, hormone levels and the anatomy of anything similar in general. Saying that "a good ass beating will fix em up" borderlines on idiotic medieval thinking. Sounds like something that a dumb fucking redneck would say.

Besides if you don't believe in autism or a link to it, then what do you care? It's not hurting you if someone else does. If you believe in the vaccination then get it. You'll be covered. Nothing will touch you. Right?

I usually get amusement out of watching people pretend to know so much about something they actually know so little about but in this case it's just pathetic.  Wes and cct are about the only ones remotely making any sense.

Before you go off saying people sound idiotic, like dumb fucking rednecks, you might want read all of a post and not what you pick and choose to.  I said plainly there are very real problems, like autism, that need to be understood and hopefully, treated.  But every child doesn't need to be labeled and medicated and/or coddled.  As I said and AU1 said, sometimes a good ass whoopin' and a little maturity is what's needed more than labeling and medicating.  You said you have an autistic child.  I feel for you and your plight and hope you find a treatment...cure, whatever.  I dealt with autistic kids years ago and while I couldn't ever say I've stood in your shoes and know what you've gone through, I've seen it first hand and know it to be very real.  My son fidgets in class and has the attention span of a hummingbird.  My wife wants to medicate him til he passes out.  I want to take a switch to his legs and lock his X-Box in the closet for a month. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
I should tea bag him during COD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."