Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A damn shame

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
A damn shame
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:54:11 PM »
I feel so sorry for this up and coming generation who have the likes of Miley Cyrus and One Direction as the music of their generation, especially when they are older and are looking for some "sexy time" music.  My go to tunes are from Foreigner, Bad Company, Van Morrison, Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, James Ingram... with some Frank and Etta James and Harry Connick thrown in for good measure. Serious panty dropping music. Unless these adults of tomorrow have cool parents today to teach them about GOOD music, they are gonna have some shitty get-you-in-the-mood tunes later in life.

I've been really tryin', baby
Tryin' to hold back this feeling for soooo long...
But if you feel...
Like I'm feeling, baby...
Come on...

Seriously. 

How do you top that????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: A damn shame
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 02:13:16 AM »
What about Harry Connick's son? That boy can sing too!

Gotta throw in some Rush, Kansas, little hall and oats, Waylon and Willie, journey, scorpions, krokus, prince and the revolution, and Johnny Cash.

So much to choose from that you never have to force any hop hop on anybody!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »
Quality music still exists.  The difference is that with the coming of the digital age, you don't need a record label to cherry pick a limited number of talents.  This results in more than just the cream of the crop getting noticed.

Additionally, because television and other visual mediums are more prominent now than before in music, the industry includes more than just an audible aspect.  This results in people that may be less talented, but more attractive or outlandish, to be touted as popular musicians.

You have to dig through more, and the more impressionable or unrefined minds may be blinded by what's readily available, but quality still exists.  And there's certainly enough out there that no "hop hop" has to be forced on anyone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
What about Harry Connick's son? That boy can sing too!

Gotta throw in some Rush, Kansas, little hall and oats, Waylon and Willie, journey, scorpions, krokus, prince and the revolution, and Johnny Cash.

So much to choose from that you never have to force any hop hop on anybody!
No, Oates was the little one
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 02:25:22 PM »
We don't need music to get into the mood, we just get undressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 09:46:56 PM »
Let's get it on
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »
Quality music still exists.  The difference is that with the coming of the digital age, you don't need a record label to cherry pick a limited number of talents.  This results in more than just the cream of the crop getting noticed.

Additionally, because television and other visual mediums are more prominent now than before in music, the industry includes more than just an audible aspect.  This results in people that may be less talented, but more attractive or outlandish, to be touted as popular musicians.

You have to dig through more, and the more impressionable or unrefined minds may be blinded by what's readily available, but quality still exists.  And there's certainly enough out there that no "hop hop" has to be forced on anyone.

I never cease to be amazed that you don't have a life partner yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 01:30:16 AM »

They would have to be deaf!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
I've found that Barry White and Anita Baker gets the wimmens naughty parts all tingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »

I never cease to be amazed that you think no one else can post their thoughts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 06:51:24 AM »
I've found that Barry White and Anita Baker gets the wimmens naughty parts all tingly.

This. 

You throw in some Frank Sinatra and if that can't get you laid, it wasn't even in the realm of possibilities for the evening.

Total panty droppin' music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »
They would have to be deaf!

5 people "liked" this post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »
"Get up, Get up, Get up, Get up, let's make love tonight
 Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, 'cos you do it right" Sexual Healing, Marvin Gaye

They just don't write them like that anymore. This is one of my favorites that I used to use to get it on to in the back seat of my Buick, back in the day. I made a tape with songs in this order: Let's Get It On, Sexual Healing and I be Stroking. I rarely made it all the way through to "Strokin" before I was "spent". 

Then I would ride around, trying to pick up a girl. Those were the good ole days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
I made a tape with songs in this order: Let's Get It On Muskrat Love, Sexual Healing Let's Get Physical and I be Stroking Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. I rarely made it all the way through to "Strokin Jitterbug" before I was "spent". 

Then I would ride around, trying to pick up a girl George Michael look-a-likes. Those were the good ole days.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
George Michael wore cool shorts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 10:49:08 AM »
I never cease to be amazed that you think no one else can post their thoughts.
There's thoughts, like musings and casual conversation, and then there's a mini-thesis backed up with footnotes and note cards.  Not every post has to written as tho it must be defensible in court, and it doesn't have to accurate down to the last freaking detail.  Relax!!  No one wants to feel like they have to parse every sentence they write on a message board lest someone else deconstruct it through a motion in limine.  It's the X, not moot court.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »
This. 

You throw in some Frank Sinatra and if that can't get you laid, it wasn't even in the realm of possibilities for the evening.

Total panty droppin' music.

Marvin Gaye was the catalyst for a lot of learning when the hormones first got churning... I didn't appreciate Frank as much until I was older. 

And I have never been a huge Barry White fan.  I am more of a Luther Vandross and James Ingram girl myself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
George Michael wore cool shorts

Easy access for the 50 year old men
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.