Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A damn shame

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: A damn shame
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »
There's thoughts, like musings and casual conversation, and then there's a mini-thesis backed up with footnotes and note cards.  Not every post has to written as tho it must be defensible in court, and it doesn't have to accurate down to the last freaking detail.  Relax!!  No one wants to feel like they have to parse every sentence they write on a message board lest someone else deconstruct it through a motion in limine.  It's the X, not moot court.

Mini-thesis, huh?  Funny how your post contained more words than mine...

I write how I write.  There's no attempt to make it defensible in court, nor do I have to spend any significant amount of time to make a 126 word post "accurate."  All I pointed out was that Miley Cyrus is not the epitome of modern day music and that what's on your radio is not representative of all whipper snapper music these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:40:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »
I'm more partial to this one:

I actually think mine in the movie is funnier than the actual song.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »

My favorite song off a record with many good tracks....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »
My favorite song off a record with many good tracks....

Mirrors was my favorite initially, and still is one of the best on there, but I think this song has become my favorite.  It may have had something to do with Mirrors getting a lot of airtime and getting old for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:44 PM »
  All I pointed out was that Miley Cyrus is not the epitome of modern day music and that what's on your radio is not representative of all whipper snapper music these days.

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately she is. I know there is music out there that is decent today but popular music (Billboard top 50, downloads, record sales, etc) dictates the music pulse of a country. Always has. And right now Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Kesha, Beiber and the like sell better than anything. Is it garbage? Of course. But per the sources listed above, its also the most listened to. Which in its own right is friggin sad. That may have been what TW was saying. Miley Cyrus is the freaking norm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 08:50:40 PM »
I know what you are saying, but unfortunately she is. I know there is music out there that is decent today but popular music (Billboard top 50, downloads, record sales, etc) dictates the music pulse of a country. Always has. And right now Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Kesha, Beiber and the like sell better than anything. Is it garbage? Of course. But per the sources listed above, its also the most listened to. Which in its own right is friggin sad. That may have been what TW was saying. Miley Cyrus is the freaking norm.

A lot of that may still have to do with the modern nature of the industry.  These damn kids have more expensive devices than I do, and access to music at 99 cents a pop (or free).  Compare that to the 60's - 90's when you could only buy vinyl, 8 tracks, cassettes, or CD's.  I don't think you saw as many children bee-bopping around to music, and so it was sold and marketed mostly to more mature people with more respectable taste in music.

I don't think that's the case anymore, and so the charts are reflecting this change in marketing strategy and buying power.  Doesn't necessarily make it the musical "norm," just what's peddled by the record labels to try to reach the younger market.  And just from looking at 2013's top 100 list, although those names you mentioned do appear a few times, other artists had more weekly #1 and top 10 hits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:31 AM »
Despite how it's marketed, kids, adults, everyone has 1000X more access to different genres of music.  You may not like Miley or Katy or Ke$ha but that's who millions and millions of people are making the choice to purchase and listen to.  I never understand why so many get sand in their vaginas over what other people like music-wise.  99% of the time, you're listening to what you want to listen to.  You're in your car.  In your office.  You have your headphones on.  You go to concerts of the bands you like to see and hear.  That's your taste, your preference.  Why the hell do you care what anyone else likes?

I like country. 

Country is mindless shit played by talentless assholes.

Good hip hop still exists

Hip hop sucks balls.  Who could possibly listen to that crap?

Miley's new album is awesome

Fuck that bitch

If you don't like pop.  Don't listen.  If you like country, there's 25 country stations on your radio dial.  Have at it.  If you like metal, bang away.  If Marvin gets you moist, turn it up.  Screw what anyone else thinks.  That's why there's 8 million artists and 4 million genres of music.

Now get the hell off my lawn.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
Despite how it's marketed, kids, adults, everyone has 1000X more access to different genres of music.  You may not like Miley or Katy or Ke$ha but that's who millions and millions of people are making the choice to purchase and listen to.  I never understand why so many get sand in their vaginas over what other people like music-wise.  99% of the time, you're listening to what you want to listen to.  You're in your car.  In your office.  You have your headphones on.  You go to concerts of the bands you like to see and hear.  That's your taste, your preference.  Why the hell do you care what anyone else likes?

I like country. 

Fuck that bitch

If you don't like pop.  Don't listen.  If you like country, there's 25 country stations on your radio dial.  Have at it.  If you like metal, bang away.  If Marvin gets you moist, turn it up.  Screw what anyone else thinks.  That's why there's 8 million artists and 4 million genres of music.

THIS!

Except country rocks, asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »
I could give two craps what the young people of today listen to as they hump like rabbits having meaningless sex with total strangers.

My OPINION is that we have better humping music.  I'd rather listen to Marvin tell me what he wants to do than listen to Miley screaming about twerking in her vagina with a wrecking ball.

My OPINON was that one day, they will revert back to the good music and be sad that their music required copious amounts of alcohol or drugs to get panties to drop.  At some point in your life, you have to rely on the music alone, without a crutch.  And with their music, Marvin will win every time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »
I could give two craps what the young people of today listen to as they hump like rabbits having meaningless sex with total strangers.

My OPINION is that we have better humping music.  I'd rather listen to Marvin tell me what he wants to do than listen to Miley screaming about twerking in her vagina with a wrecking ball.

My OPINON was that one day, they will revert back to the good music and be sad that their music required copious amounts of alcohol or drugs to get panties to drop.  At some point in your life, you have to rely on the music alone, without a crutch.  And with their music, Marvin will win every time.

Allow me to dissect every sentence and give you a full in depth analysis with notes and corrections needed. Mmkk thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
I don't need music to make my panties...err, her panties drop.  I just agree to let her fantasize that I'm Luke Bryan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
Who did this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 05:19:53 PM »
Allow me to dissect every sentence and give you a full in depth analysis with notes and corrections needed. Mmkk thanks.

I will need a full bibliography too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »

I like country. 

Fuck that bitch

Stop typing so much and bringing up facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 05:28:20 PM »
Stop typing so much and bringing up facts.

That's just it, hon.  I know you are in a line of work where every argument or statement has to be backed up with facts and references and statistics and such, and you are obviously very good at that research.  But IN MY OPINION, the X is like a group of folks sitting around a bar, drinking and making casual conversation.  Even though we write our conversation, it's still just that - a conversation.  When you are sitting around with friends, do you grab your phone and google fifteen facts to either prove your case or disprove something someone else says?  I hope not. 

Sometimes a conversation on here calls for facts or substance to support a position - but not EVERY time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
That's just it, hon.  I know you are in a line of work where every argument or statement has to be backed up with facts and references and statistics and such, and you are obviously very good at that research.  But IN MY OPINION, the X is like a group of folks sitting around a bar, drinking and making casual conversation.  Even though we write our conversation, it's still just that - a conversation.  When you are sitting around with friends, do you grab your phone and google fifteen facts to either prove your case or disprove something someone else says?  I hope not. 

Sometimes a conversation on here calls for facts or substance to support a position - but not EVERY time.

I'll need a link
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 05:39:38 PM »

:bar: #winning :brilliant: :awesome: :booz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'