Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

'The Harvey Updykes of the world are going to be rooting for Florida State'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
NEWPORT BEACH, California -- If Auburn upsets Florida State in the BCS National Championship on Monday, it may be hard for some Alabama fans to stomach.

While some Crimson Tide fans will be hoping Auburn wins to keep the streak of SEC dominance alive, others will be pulling against their rival.

"I mean I don't know," said Auburn center Reese Dismukes during Thursday's press conference. "I got a lot of friends that go to Alabama, and my brother played at Alabama, and obviously they're all rooting for Auburn, because they like me... Last year I was rooting for Alabama because I wanted to see the SEC win. I talked to some players on their team and I think they're rooting for us.

"But of course the Harvey Updykes of the world are going to be rooting for Florida State.  But I mean I think all the people that like watching football and like the dominance of the SEC and being in the SEC will be rooting for us, but of course you're going to have those people that, poison trees, that don't like us."

It's becoming more evident the rivalry has become more heated among the fans than the players.

Tigers running back Tre Mason said his respect for Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron has made him a fan of the Tide.

"He's a humble guy," Mason said of McCarron, a fellow Heisman Trophy finalist. "He made me a fan.  He's a fan of Auburn, I'm a fan of Alabama just because of this relationship that we have."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."