Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Former Auburn star Philip Lutzenkirchen talks BCS title game with Gene Chizik

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen joined The College Football Playbook on SiriusXM College Sports Nation with Jack Arute and former Auburn coach Gene Chizik on Thursday to break down the Tigers' chances in the BCS national championship game.

Arute asked the former Auburn star what the Tigers had to do to win the game.

"I think they need to do what they've been doing and that's run the ball," Lutzenkirchen said. "It's going to be hard for anyone to stop that running game with that big ole line and three great running backs they have.

"As long as they continue to run that zone read with Nick Marshall and Tre Mason, I think it's going to be tough to beat."

Lutzenkirchen told Chizik it is "great" to see guys he played with get another shot at a BCS title.

"Guys like Dee Ford, Nosa Eguae and Craig Sanders who have done nothing but work as hard as they can for four or five years to get the opportunity that they are getting to play in their second BCS championship game is just great to see that," he said. "Seeing guys mature like Reese Dismukes, who is having a great year anchoring that o-line, is just awesome to see them have that success."

Finally, he was asked about those that felt Auburn go to the final game based on luck. His reply was every team needs luck.

"I would have to agree," Lutzenkirchen said about Auburn having good fortune. There's some things that have happened that physically don't make any sense."

here is the full interview.
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/former-auburn-te-lutzenkirchen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."