Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official!!

JR4AU

Re: Official!!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »

They were prolly looking for something to kill or teabag.

You don't need a ticket for that, but you can be arrested. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »
I may not make all of my money back for the tickets I reserved, but I think y'all may be a little optimistic.

Maybe I'm Updyke-esque, but if it takes me going broke, I'm just going to have to go broke. Pasadena. The Rose Bowl. The last BCS game ever to be played. Auburn in a National Championship, which until three years ago, I thought I'd never see in my life. I'm not missing out on any of these unless/until we truly do become a dynasty and we're at our 5th or 6th one in my lifetime. Even if that happens, I'll go to the sites I haven't already been to.

Jordan Hare's got a capacity of 87,451. Iron Bowl tickets weren't going for peanuts. Gotta believe FSU fans will be filling out about half of the stadium.

By all means, try to get them for face when they're released. I expect them to sell out within 8 hours, max. When they do, they're not going up on StubHub for face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »
I may not make all of my money back for the tickets I reserved, but I think y'all may be a little optimistic.

Maybe I'm Updyke-esque, but if it takes me going broke, I'm just going to have to go broke. Pasadena. The Rose Bowl. The last BCS game ever to be played. Auburn in a National Championship, which until three years ago, I thought I'd never see in my life. I'm not missing out on any of these unless/until we truly do become a dynasty and we're at our 5th or 6th one in my lifetime. Even if that happens, I'll go to the sites I haven't already been to.

Jordan Hare's got a capacity of 87,451. Iron Bowl tickets weren't going for peanuts. Gotta believe FSU fans will be filling out about half of the stadium.

By all means, try to get them for face when they're released. I expect them to sell out within 8 hours, max. When they do, they're not going up on StubHub for face.

Right now (surfing all sites) Game tickets are going for $525.00 upper endzone to $1600.00 and more as you get closer to center. Flights (out of Dallas) to LAX are around $625.00 per person and I even haven't started on hotels yet. I budgeted  $5000.00 for this and will easily pass that if we want to go.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

Right now (surfing all sites) Game tickets are going for $525.00 upper endzone to $1600.00 and more as you get closer to center. Flights (out of Dallas) to LAX are around $625.00 per person and I even haven't started on hotels yet. I budgeted  $5000.00 for this and will easily pass that if we want to go.  :facepalm:

Remove half the costs...make that an I instead of we.  See I saved you more money than Geico.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

noxin

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
We're in for about $800/person, which is flight from Bham to Vegas and 2 nights in Pasadena (staying at a house in Vegas one night before and after 4 hour road trip).

I'm still reluctant to pay more than $400/ticket due to the exact reason you mentioned -- they will be found around face value at the venue if this year is anything like the last 4 BCS championship games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 03:58:14 PM »
Remove half the costs...make that an I instead of we.  See I saved you more money than Geico.

But set me up for never getting any ever again. (from the wife)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
We're in for about $800/person, which is flight from Bham to Vegas and 2 nights in Pasadena (staying at a house in Vegas one night before and after 4 hour road trip).

I'm still reluctant to pay more than $400/ticket due to the exact reason you mentioned -- they will be found around face value at the venue if this year is anything like the last 4 BCS championship games.

A lot of upfront money to go there without tickets. If I was by myself (Godfather trying to save me money) yea I could do that, no ticket just go to a bar with AU folks.

The money involved has me thinking about just going back to Auburn for the game. Local bar and toomers should we win.

I know the argument about once in a lifetime, being there is magical and so on. I understand that. If I had that kind of money that grows on trees than yea its no problem, BUT common folk like me have to take into account the overall dollar cost. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
I'll say this, too. If you went to Glendale, I can see how you can rationalize sitting this one out.

If you didn't...sell your plasma. Make about 3 deposits to the sperm bank a day. Dallas, yours should go at a premium. Or hell, sell it to VV. He's buyin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »

A lot of upfront money to go there without tickets. If I was by myself (Godfather trying to save me money) yea I could do that, no ticket just go to a bar with AU folks.

The money involved has me thinking about just going back to Auburn for the game. Local bar and toomers should we win.

I know the argument about once in a lifetime, being there is magical and so on. I understand that. If I had that kind of money that grows on trees than yea its no problem, BUT common folk like me have to take into account the overall dollar cost.
If you will give me $100 bucks and meet me at Jordon-Hare, I'll put on a number 21 jersey and run like hell up and down the field and you'd never know the difference. Especially if you are drunk. I'll even get a friend to announce "Touchdown Auburn!" over the PA for an extra 50 spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
I'll say this, too. If you went to Glendale, I can see how you can rationalize sitting this one out.

If you didn't...sell your plasma. Make about 3 deposits to the sperm bank a day. Dallas, yours should go at a premium. Or hell, sell it to VV. He's buyin'.

Heard a lot reports about people getting there (bought tickets) and no tickets were there for them.

At 53 that could kill me.

I have a couple of pokers in the fire and will see how it all shakes out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »
If you will give me $100 bucks and meet me at Jordon-Hare, I'll put on a number 21 jersey and run like hell up and down the field and you'd never know the difference. Especially if you are drunk. I'll even get a friend to announce "Touchdown Auburn!" over the PA for an extra 50 spot.

Even drunk I bet I would say, "When did Mason get so slow?  And fat?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
Even drunk I bet I would say, "When did Mason get so slow?  And fat?"
This is a very insensitive comment. I have pretty good definition and am speedy, I tell you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
This is a very insensitive comment. I have pretty good definition and am speedy, I tell you.

He's squirrelly and fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 05:13:52 PM »

A pretty good definition of what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 05:19:16 PM »
A pretty good definition of what?
Succeed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
 :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

I love Auburn football, but I would never pay $6k for a ticket.  Maybe I'd think differently if I made $150k+ per year, but holy shit that's a lot of money to watch a football game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »

I love Auburn football, but I would never pay $6k for a ticket.  Maybe I'd think differently if I made $150k+ per year, but holy shoot that's a lot of money to watch a football game.

You wouldn't think differently.  You'd have to get up to the $1M a year level before a $6k ticket is a consideration.  Even then I don't know that you wouldn't pause.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »
You wouldn't think differently.  You'd have to get up to the $1M a year level before a $6k ticket is a consideration.  Even then I don't know that you wouldn't pause.
Unless you care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »

I love Auburn football, but I would never pay $6k for a ticket.  Maybe I'd think differently if I made $150k+ per year, but holy shit that's a lot of money to watch a football game.

I also take into consideration spending that kind of cash for one game (yea I know its the game) or using that money to attend many games next year. I am in a no win situation, wait to see if ticket prices come down which means Air-fare goes up and hotel rooms get harder to find.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions