Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barbee's Boyz

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Barbee's Boyz
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2013, 11:34:12 AM »
Maybe all it took to motivate Barbee was me finally jumping off his bandwagon.

So far, a pretty incredible turnaround since that post.

IF we keep winning (and history does not show that we will) and have a relatively successful SEC run, then he might have saved his job.

I personally hope he can. I like him and don't think we can do better, as sad that is.

Boston College is now 4-8...

Don't get your hopes up...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
Boston College is now 4-8...

Don't get your hopes up...

Yeah, but those four wins were against the likes of Philadelphia.  They may be last in the Eastern Conference, but a win against the 76ers is nothing to sneeze at.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:17 PM »
Yeah, but those four wins were against the likes of Philadelphia.  They may be last in the Eastern Conference, but a win against the 76ers is nothing to sneeze at.
Esp when Dr. J is hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
Esp when Dr. J is hot.

Well in fairness, Moses Malone sat out the entire second half after twisting his ankle.

So, Barbeez Boyz have two games with what should be out manned teams, Arkansas Pine Bluff and Florida A&M, before opening up conference play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »

So, Barbeez Boyz have two games with what should be out manned teams, Arkansas Pine Bluff and Florida A&M, before opening up conference play.
Yep. Let's not take anything for granted.  I'm eager to get on into the conference play and see what we have. I can't get into basketball very much right now, what with having to help with strategy for FSU and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »
Yep. Let's not take anything for granted.  I'm eager to get on into the conference play and see what we have. I can't get into basketball very much right now, what with having to help with strategy for FSU and all.

The late night film sessions are brutal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
The late night film sessions are brutal.
they are but I'm willing to continue doing what has helped get us to where we are now. I know that Gus appreciates me. So far, I've been able to find one key tendency with their starting QB, Winston.

I've pinpointed that he tends to throw the ball down the field, toward the opposing end zone--in hopes that one of his players will catch it and run across the goal line.

They've performed this trickery many times this season. He does not receive the snap and run like hell or hand it off to an awaiting runner like we do. It's new fangled forward pass sorcery and hopefully the NCAA will do something about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »
they are but I'm willing to continue doing what has helped get us to where we are now. I know that Gus appreciates me. So far, I've been able to find one key tendency with their starting QB, Winston.

I've pinpointed that he tends to throw the ball down the field, toward the opposing end zone--in hopes that one of his players will catch it and run across the goal line.

They've performed this trickery many times this season. He does not receive the snap and run like hell or hand it off to an awaiting runner like we do. It's new fangled forward pass sorcery and hopefully the NCAA will do something about this.

A forward pass?  Next thing you know, they'll be running plays real fast without a huddle.  That's flat out dangerous and could cause numerous injuries to tired defensive players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »

This brings me to my next point, men.  Don't do crack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2013, 12:36:41 PM »
Well, I actually watched my first bit of Barbeez Boyz last night.  91-59 thrashing of Louisville...err, North Carolina....I mean Arizona...okay, Arkansas Pine Bluff.  7-3 on the season with one more tune up before conference play. 

This is easily the biggest team we've had since Cliff Ellis corched here.  Not saying they're any good but AU can put some 7 footers on the court now.  Anyone recall Lebo's first year when they didn't have one player over 6'4" on the entire roster?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »
Well, I actually watched my first bit of Barbeez Boyz last night.  91-59 thrashing of Louisville...err, North Carolina....I mean Arizona...okay, Arkansas Pine Bluff.  7-3 on the season with one more tune up before conference play. 

This is easily the biggest team we've had since Cliff Ellis corched here.  Not saying they're any good but AU can put some 7 footers on the court now.  Anyone recall Lebo's first year when they didn't have one player over 6'4" on the entire roster?
that was not as bad as Chris Brandt guarding Shaq
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »
Auburn beat the piss out of Florida A&M, 81-50, last night. That's it for the exhibition season. Conference play is next.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:40:23 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2014, 07:43:23 AM »
Auburn beat the piss out of Florida A&M, 81-50, last night. That's it for the exhibition season. Conference play is next.

Possibly the worst 8-3 sports team in the history of man kind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
Marshall Henderson is out for tomorrow nights conference opening game against Auburn, per ESPN.

We may start conference play with a big ol' W in Oxford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »
Marshall Henderson is out for tomorrow nights conference opening game against Auburn, per ESPN.

We may start conference play with a big ol' W in Oxford.

A certain older gentleman is really going to miss calling him a jack ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
With or without Marshall Henderson....you guys are calling for an Auburn win?  In conference???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »
With or without Marshall Henderson....you guys are calling for an Auburn win?  In conference???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haven't you heard?  It's a New Day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
This is our year! It's time to get on the Barbee Yugo, 'cause we're rattling on to victory!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2014, 08:24:51 PM »
Tight game with O Missy in the 2nd half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2014, 08:49:21 PM »
This is our year! It's time to get on the Barbee Yugo, 'cause we're rattling on to victory!
If we pull this out with as many turnovers, I will be very surprised. But, there are some glimpses of hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions