Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barbee's Boyz

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Barbee's Boyz
« on: October 31, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »
Well round ball fans, another exciting season of Auburn basketball is about to get under way and as always, there's electricity in the air as everyone wonders if this group of Tigers will make another run at the Final 4.  As is the norm, Auburn is a heavy favorite to win the SEC again and the only question is will they be able to secure a #1 seed in the Southern Region this year and play close to home.  Only time will tell.  Already, the Auburn Arena is getting cluttered with the numerous banners being hung, but I'm sure they'll make room for one more. 

I crack me up.

There's one more exhibition game to play this Friday and then the regular season starts on November 8th.  The good thing about this pre-conference schedule is they have at least added a couple more recognizable teams and every game won't be against Salem College and Devry University.  Early on, they host Murray State, then travel to Ames, Iowa to face Iowa State in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.  After that, they match up against Illinois in the ATL, then have home games against Clemson and Boston College.  I will say that under Barbee, they have continually tried to make the pre-conference schedule tougher with opponents people might actually want to see us play.

This year, the team will again look vastly different than the year before.  Hopefully, that's a good thing because Lord knows this team has been shitty for a while.  If they don't get kicked off for undisclosed violation of team rules, these dudes should play.  The main contributors from last year that return are guard, Chris Denson and forward, Allen Payne.  Size shouldn't be a problem (That's what she said) with the roster showing two 7 footers.  Pronouncing half the players' names should be a problem.  One of the 7 footers is Benas Griciunas and the other is Asauhn Dixon-Tatum.  Gricunas scored 15 in the first exhibition game and Dixon-Tatum still sucks.  Two new point guards join Denson, Malcolm Oh Canada and Tahj Shamsid Deen Abdullah Hassan Smith.  The two combined for 25 points in the win over mighty Victory while Denson scored 21. 

The rest of the roster is rounded out by some other guys.  They'll play some too.

Oh yeah, and we're probably still shitty.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Barbee's Boyz
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
I want a Chubb
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
What is basketball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
And still to this day I have yet to set foot in the new...ish arena.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »
And still to this day I have yet to set foot in the new...ish arena.

That's a shame.  It's a great place to sit while you wait for the football game.  It's also a great venue for Fan Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 09:53:47 AM »
That's a shame.  It's a great place to sit while you wait for the football game.  It's also a great venue for Fan Day.

and for Garman to catch up on his sleep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
and for Garman to catch up on his sleep.

Well, it is pretty quiet in there most of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
Is there going to be a basketball outing for the X this season? If I can stay out of the Midwest long enough, I'd like to make to one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »
Is there going to be a basketball outing for the X this season? If I can stay out of the Midwest long enough, I'd like to make to one.

If they will fucking stop putting the Iron Bowl of teh roundsballs on Tuesday night...
We really need to make an outing happen this season.  It might be the last chance to get cheapish tickets, because after this year's final four berth, they will be hot commodities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »
Full Season Plans
Sideline Seats with food and parking- $1300
Sideline Seats no food or parking- $450 lower level and $375 upper level
End Zone Lower Level- $250
Upper Level End Zone- $150

SEC Plan-$185*
All 9 SEC Games plus your choice of any non-conference game

Pick 6 Plan-$110*
Pick 2 From: Kentucky, Florida or Alabama
Pick 4 from any other games

SEC Saturday Pack-$95*
Features all 5 SEC Saturday Games
(Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt)

Pick 4 Pack-$75*
Pick 1 From: Kentucky, Florida or Alabama
Pick 3 from any other games

*Lower Level if available
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 11:50:18 AM »
Full Season Plans
Sideline Seats with food and parking- $1300
Sideline Seats no food or parking- $450 lower level and $375 upper level
End Zone Lower Level- $250
Upper Level End Zone- $150

SEC Plan-$185*
All 9 SEC Games plus your choice of any non-conference game

Pick 6 Plan-$110*
Pick 2 From: Kentucky, Florida or Alabama
Pick 4 from any other games

SEC Saturday Pack-$95*
Features all 5 SEC Saturday Games
(Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt)

Pick 4 Pack-$75*
Pick 1 From: Kentucky, Florida or Alabama
Pick 3 from any other games

*Lower Level if available
Pick em-up off the floor plan- Free
Pick 1 From the ground outside of the gates
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »
Pick em-up off the floor plan- Free
Pick 1 From the ground outside of the gates

The problem with that plan is that someone with the actual tickets has to come withing miles of the arena to actually drop them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »
Write up from AuburnTigers.com on the last exhibition game.  Opener this Friday night. 

KT Harrell led five Auburn players in double-figures with 25 points as the Auburn basketball team defeated Paine College, 99-64, on Friday night in the team's final exhibition game. Auburn opens the regular season in a week against Nicholls State.

Harrell, who transferred from Virginia and sat out last season, went 9-for-14 from the floor, including 3-for-5 from behind the 3-point line. Two of his 3-pointers came in his 12-point first half as Auburn raced out to a 52-31 halftime lead.

Chris Denson also had a big night, finishing with 24 points on 8-for-10 shooting. The senior guard, who led the team with 21 points in the exhibition win over Victory on Monday, was 6-for-7 from the free throw line, where as a team Auburn shot 80 percent (16-for-20).

Center Asauhn Dixon-Tatum and Benas Griciunas each went for 11 points and combined to grab 14 rebounds, eight by Benas, while starting point guard Tahj Shamsid-Deen added 11 points and seven assists.

Auburn jumped out to a five-point lead, 7-2, just one minute into the game as Chris Griffin (nine points) and Harrell each connected on a 3-pointer on their first shots of the game. Auburn would maintain the 5-point lead for most of the first half before closing out the period on an 11-1 run over the final 5:14.

Auburn used a 15-0 run early in the second half to put the game decidedly out of reach. Leading 58-38 with 17:05 left, Shamsid-Deen hit a 3-pointer to start the run before Harrell went off for nine points, punctuating the run with a dunk off of a steal to make it 73-38 with 12:24 left.

Sean Morgan led Paine with 16 points while Darius Smith scored 14 and Kenny Fluellen 13.

Auburn and Nicholls State open up the regular season at 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 8 at the Auburn Arena. Tickets are on sale at AUBTix.com.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
the free throw line, where as a team Auburn shot 80 percent (16-for-20).
Really?  Did they move the free throw line closer or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 11:42:37 AM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

111-92 loss to.....Northwestern State.  No, not Northwestern of the Big 10.  Northwestern State of the Southland Conference.  72 points allowed in the second half. 

:charles: :charles: :charles: :charles: :charles:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 12:48:07 PM »
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

111-92 loss to.....Northwestern State.  No, not Northwestern of the Big 10.  Northwestern State of the Southland Conference.  72 points allowed in the second half. 

:charles: :charles: :charles: :charles: :charles:

Jarhead pointed this out to me Saturday morning.  We proceeded to pronounce Auburn BB DOA and unable to be resuscitated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
No, I think 20 losses is a very realistic goal.  I believe we can reach that without much effort.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »
No, I think 20 losses is a very realistic goal.  I believe we can reach that without much effort.

Well the upside is we should be able to pick most any weekend for a TigersX outing and have no problem getting tickets.

I hope it's someone who likes to drive trucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions