Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barbee's Boyz

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Barbee's Boyz
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »
Aaaannnd Illinois slaps Barbeez Boyz around by 19. Looking good Mortimer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »
I've evolved on the Barbee debate. It's time for him to go. We will have premiere football & baseball programs. We may never have a premiere basketball program, but Barbee has proven he can't even keep us in mediocrity.

Serious question: Does anyone follow basketball enough to know of an up and coming coach that could possibly garner Auburn's attention?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »
I've evolved on the Barbee debate. It's time for him to go. We will have premiere football & baseball programs. We may never have a premiere basketball program, but Barbee has proven he can't even keep us in mediocrity.

Serious question: Does anyone follow basketball enough to know of an up and coming coach that could possibly garner Auburn's attention?

I follow it but I'm more along the lines of finding someone willing to take it that has been there and done that.  Don't know if it's possible to make a "splash hire" at AU given our history.  But geez Louise, I just want to be competitive and make the dance every now and then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »
20!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »
I follow it but I'm more along the lines of finding someone willing to take it that has been there and done that.  Don't know if it's possible to make a "splash hire" at AU given our history.  But geez Louise, I just want to be competitive and make the dance every now and then.

How about Cliff Ellis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »

I'd make runs at Shaka Smart and Mark Few.  If they refuse, take a look at Joe Dooley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »

We had the chance to get tubby this past offseason. Texas tech snagged him. He could have dug us out of this hole were in. Even if only for 3-5 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
Barbee just needs more time and some better facilities.  I have a feeling that within a few years, we will be dancing again.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »
Barbee just needs more time and some better facilities.

Again? What did he do with them the first time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »
Again? What did he do with them the first time?

Put them all in the wrong shoes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:18 AM »
We had the chance to get tubby this past offseason. Texas tech snagged him. He could have dug us out of this hole were in. Even if only for 3-5 years.
Did we really, though?

I can't imagine a coach of that caliber wanting to coach at our cesspool unless there was some personal connection or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »
I may be open to Barbee getting axed after this year.

Provided anyone can tell me who we can get that's better on paper.

He was as good a day one hire as we've ever gotten at Auburn. Can't make it work.
Ron Chizik?  Hell we are still paying him, might as well make his ass useful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 12:51:38 PM »
Ron Chizik?  Hell we are still paying him, might as well make his ass useful.

I think he is off stratagerizing with Ron Mexico!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 10:05:59 PM »
We get Clemson on Thursday, Boston College on Sunday with a week break before playing Arkansas-Pine Bluff, then another four day break before playing Florida A&M.  After that we get to start conference play.  Whoooooooooo Hooooooooooo!  20 bitches! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
Maybe we can get this guy before next season...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »
We beat Clemson tonight 66-64.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
We beat Clemson tonight 66-64.

Were 8 of Clemson's players out with food poisoning?  Did their alarm clock not go off and they missed the game?  Were 5 starters arrested for Clemson just prior to the game? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
Auburn makes it 2 in a row over the ACC with a 77-67 win over Boston College.

Where is the Final Four being played this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »
Auburn makes it 2 in a row over the ACC with a 77-67 win over Boston College.

Where is the Final Four being played this year?

I already made the call on Pasadena....I see no such mojo for the Claus Barbee boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2013, 09:36:21 AM »
Maybe all it took to motivate Barbee was me finally jumping off his bandwagon.

So far, a pretty incredible turnaround since that post.

IF we keep winning (and history does not show that we will) and have a relatively successful SEC run, then he might have saved his job.

I personally hope he can. I like him and don't think we can do better, as sad that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions