Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fluker Receives Cash?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Fluker Receives Cash?
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »
It isn't about him signing with an agent.  He didn't even end up signing with anybody associated with it, which is probably why this shit is surfacing.  He apparently took money from a former Alabama player who was a runner for multiple agents, who was receiving money from those agents to try to entice new clients to come their way.
...which is worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
Look on the bright side, Token & RWS. You get to break the Got 12? shirts out again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
Look on the bright side, Token & RWS. You get to break the Got 12? shirts out again.

This hussel....^^^right here^^^.....u did that rite
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »

I'm curious as to how long before we start seeing a decline in bama car decals and apparel in the B'Ham area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
I'm curious as to how long before we start seeing a decline in bama car decals and apparel in the B'Ham area.

We can only hope that trend goes nation wide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:59:12 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »
ESPN is maddening.  Needs to be nuked off the airwaves.

A full 24 after the Yahoo! story broke?  Hosannas to Bryant, discussions of the Manziel distraction and more raping of OSU dominate the college football front page.  One small line about "five SEC players"

The ONLY two outlets in the entire country that spewed over Bryant yesterday at the expense of 9/11 and the breaking Yahoo! story?  al.com and ESPN.

Conspiracy?  These hats are not tinfoil, sir. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
NBC Sports (they do sports?) had an interview with Julie Roe Lach of Chiznik fame:

Do the link.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they were deploying investigators now..."

Pretty encouraging and enlightening info. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
NBC Sports (they do sports?) had an interview with Julie Roe Lach of Chiznik fame:

Do the link.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they were deploying investigators now..."

Pretty encouraging and enlightening info.

Ummm....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

noxin

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
I would be more encouraged if the link took me to nbcsports
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2013, 02:50:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
Wetzel just said on WJOX that they aren't going to give the NCAA any of this information, and even if they did, the NCAA would need Fluker to admit to the allegations before they could go after the Alabama program.

Now let me get this straight, a dude in the 90s signs a napkin and NCAA sanctions occur.  Here we have hard evidence of agents and boosters getting money to college football players, and nothing can be done? 

This is looney. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
Wetzel just said on WJOX that they aren't going to give the NCAA any of this information, and even if they did, the NCAA would need Fluker to admit to the allegations before they could go after the Alabama program.

Now let me get this straight, a dude in the 90s signs a napkin and NCAA sanctions occur.  Here we have hard evidence of agents and boosters getting money to college football players, and nothing can be done? 

This is looney.

That's absurd.  Why bother gathering it if they're just going to do nothing with it?  What was the point?

Where's Chopper and his DJ connection when you need him.  He needs to go all KickAss 2 on this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
That's absurd.  Why bother gathering it if they're just going to do nothing with it?  What was the point?

Where's Chopper and his DJ connection when you need him.  He needs to go all KickAss 2 on this.

Wetzel and Robinson are very critical of the NCAA.  They're writing these stories to prove that the NCAA can't enforce their own rules.  That the agent situation is out of control. 

At least, that's what the Bama media is trying to tell me.  Honestly, they could be right.  Why not give the NCAA all of this information if you want them to clean up the sport?  What's the end game here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »
I mean, we've just got do do away with speed limits. EVERYBODY speeds. Absolutely nothing can be done about it to deter people from speeding, like, you know, punishing those who are caught. Time to look at the law and readjust it.

Or as theauburner put it:
Little girl says I cheat at Candlyand. I explain how I'm exposing the folly of the rules. Focus on that. Stop dwelling over my win streak. Do you have any idea how much money Milton Bradley rakes in on the backs of small children? Ridiculous. Let's talk about that, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2013, 03:17:54 PM »
Jesus Fluker?  Learn something every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »
I'm drunk and not embarrassed to ask:  FKG?
Football Karma Gods - first cousin to the BKG, or Baseball Karma Gods, who hate me.

I ain't taking no chances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
It isn't about him signing with an agent.  He didn't even end up signing with anybody associated with it, which is probably why this shit is surfacing.  He apparently took money from a former Alabama player who was a runner for multiple agents, who was receiving money from those agents to try to entice new clients to come their way.

= took money from a booster. This shit is not going to sink.

After the Miami debacle, the NCAA will take their time and make sure everything is done right. This will take a long time, but it will happen. Death penalty ? Almost certainly not. Putting a return FedEx label on those two boxes ? Probably. But not for a few years. Saban departing ? 50/50.

And to echo many on this thread, fuck these guys that say everyone does it and the school should not be held accountable. - And, unfortunately this refrain will grow.

If they want to change the rules because of this and make all this permissable, fine with me. Bottom line though, bummer broke the rules while they were in effect and they have to pay the price, even if they get the frequent customer discount.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:54:27 PM by Lurking Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
ESPN continues to suck goat ass.  Two no name hacks sat in for SVP and Russillo today.  Their take:
"You couldn't have more clear evidence of Cam's cheating in 2010, but nothing was done.  If you're going to let  Auburn get away with it and win a NC, then you have to let bama slide."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
ESPN continues to suck goat ass.  Two no name hacks sat in for SVP and Russillo today.  Their take:
"You couldn't have more clear evidence of Cam's cheating in 2010, but nothing was done.  If you're going to let  Auburn get away with it and win a NC, then you have to let bama slide."
You see, I just don't understand why someone can fake a slip and fall on my property, sue me and likely get a 5k prize for participating and then there is no liklihood of suing this irresponsible bastard for making a statement like this. He is tarnishing Cam and AU with statements like this. And I suppose this was an ESPN "professional" journalist?
It propogates the idea that AU and/or Cam cheated. I think Cam should sue their ass. And if not, send somebody to kick his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com