Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fluker Receives Cash?

Fluker Receives Cash?
« on: September 11, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »
Five Southeastern Conference football stars violated NCAA rules by receiving extra benefits prior to completing their collegiate careers, a Yahoo Sports investigation has found. The benefits – which in some cases came from multiple individuals – were conveyed to University of Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--documents--texts-reveal-impermissible-benefits-to-five-sec-players-202513237.html

Really big article.  You may want to click it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Fluker Receives Cash?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
Oh hell YES!!

The identities of these players were revealed in a web of financial and text message records belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis. The records were turned over to Yahoo Sports by a source with ties to the NFL agent community who alleged that Davis was acting as an intermediary between several high-profile college football stars and multiple NFL agents and financial advisers.

The jump from there to T-Town Tom is small.

Wasn't it Davis who got the new kitchen for his moms?  From the Crimpson Elepunts?

WHICH trophies are gonna get taken AWAY? 

Wait..wait.. Saban knew? It was a sting operation?  He was in on it the whole time? 

Nothing to see here.  Move along. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:31:16 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »
Take note, SI.  This is what investigative reporting looks like.  Actual bank receipts, text messages, etc.  You know, evidence.  I hope this is what finally brings the Crapstone to their knees but I'm not holding my breath.  If anything it will be fun to watch them sweat for a change.

Mark my words - there will be new allegations brought up against Auburn any day now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
This is interesting...

The email was accompanied by a typed invoice with the header "January 2012-May 2012" and listed the name and a corresponding phone number of Fluker's mother Annice. The invoice was marked with a digital stamp indicating it had been scanned in at the bank where Pennington works.
The invoice lists 15 transactions totaling $2,375.71, including 11 corresponding check numbers allegedly used for payments, as well as three listings for "Money Order" and one for cash. The charges listed various expenses, including $1,311.60 for rent and an apartment deposit. There were two months of rent paid at Meagan Manor in Chatom, Ala. Yahoo Sports confirmed Fluker's mother briefly lived at Meagan Manor. The invoice also indicated Fluker's mother paid back a portion of the balance, with a line stating "Annice paid $500.00 cash on 3/5/2012," and that the outstanding debt was $1,875.71.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:31:21 PM »
More interesting...

August 3, 2012
Phone number tied to Fluker: "Did you find out about the bed"
Phone number tied to Davis: "I just paid for the whole suit at sticks and it'll be in on the 17th"
Phone number tied to Fluker: "oh for real oh ok then."
August 17, 2012
Phone number tied to Sticks N Stuff employee Shayne Roland: "Got dj done just now. Bill [Sticks N Stuff employee Bill Askew] gave you about five hundred off at store. Me and partner cleaned room. Put clothes in closet. Bed on back porch. Set up everything. hope he likes it. If you get tickets from your job a couple for bill and my partner and a different game for me would be nice. But if not through your job then dont worry about it. Ill take care of my partner. Thanks luther. Got your receipt at store."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
I haven't seen a name attached to this story.  Interesting to say the least!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
Neat!

• Yahoo Sports also acquired an email that Davis sent to Hodge Brahmbhatt, with the subject line "DJ Fluker Invoice." The email listed 49 line-item transactions and a notation at the bottom: "Total: $33,755." The line items matched up with debit card charge transactions found in Davis' bank records and also matched multiple receipts authenticated by Yahoo Sports, including the $1,200 bed purchase at Sticks N Stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
Oh shit!

It's Charles Robinson on the scene!

Bama fucked, y'all!

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 24m
From @Rand_Getlin & myself: Agents & financial advisers provided $45,550 to the man giving benefits to 5 SEC players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 05:36:19 PM »
Fuck me...I gave in.  Typed in the www for Finebaum and tuned in thinking maybe he would at least be talking about this.  At least give me a "nothing to see here" segment, Finebaum!

What do I get? 

Bryant circle jerk stories. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
Charles Robinson is on that ass!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
Oh wait...he is addressing it now.  Haha he says this story means nothing to Alabama.  Just a small amount.  No real evidence of players with their hands out.  This story is dubious at best and Okie State story has more of a chance to lead to serious penalties.

Also, it's just Yahoo Sports reporting it.  Not a real serious news source.  Just using this story this week to get attention. 

Ok I'm done.  Finebaum is off.  I'll go back to browsing random shit on the internet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »
30 minutes after the Charles Robinson story breaks here's Dan Wetzel to throw a wet blanket on everyone's party:

Predicting no sanctions...somehow.

Obviously he has been working on this piece for some time now.  However I don't see how the NCAA can't hit the affected schools with something.  There is hard evidence here.  This isn't Scott Moore with a phantom tape recording of Cecil Newton. 

If nothing else I hope it throws Bama off of their game long enough to lose a couple of games.  Then the real fun would start...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »
Oh wait...he is addressing it now.  Haha he says this story means nothing to Alabama.  Just a small amount.  No real evidence of players with their hands out.  This story is dubious at best and Okie State story has more of a chance to lead to serious penalties.

Also, it's just Yahoo Sports reporting it.  Not a real serious news source.  Just using this story this week to get attention. 

Ok I'm done.  Finebaum is off.  I'll go back to browsing random shoot on the internet.

HAHAHAHA. 

Liar. 

Yahoo Sports isn't serious?  Has he lost his mind? 

This is his worst nightmare.  Without the boastful bammers his show is SUNK. 

If I had champagne, I'd pop it.  Celebrate now before Saban produces a post-dated cease and desist letter and Emmert goes, "well that certainly covers it." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
In a more serious discussion - How the fuck did Robinson and crew get ahold of this and the NCAA NEVER sniffed it? 

I know, I know.  Tired discussion.  We've been seeing this for years. 

But it's just mind boggling at the charade going on in Indianapolis.  A few media guys get the actual hard copies of illegal activities with college football players.  The NCAA comes along the backside and says, "Well, we couldn't get anyone to come forward."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »
HAHAHAHA. 

Liar. 

This is his worst nightmare.  Without the boastful bammers his show is SUNK. 

If I had champagne, I'd pop it.  Celebrate now before Saban produces a post-dated cease and desist letter and Emmert goes, "well that certainly covers it."
God damn hysterical that he was simultaneously pumping Thayer Evans's garbage and refuting this.

I don't want to get too excited too early, but this may finally be the big one.

2009 [Vacated]
2010 Auburn
2011 [Vacated]
2012 [Vacated]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »

My best attempt at recreating the quote - "I know Charles Robinson and the other guys claim to release information as they receive it, but come on.  It's the week of a big Alabama game and here's a story that won't mean much in the long run but can get Yahoo in the spotlight." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »

This check is from the Bama alum attorney who edited the Kristi Malzahn video and peddled Manziel signing, cut checks to Luther.

Bama's burnin' y'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »
but this may finally be the big one.

It's not.  Read Ogre's link.

The NCAA WON'T do shit anymore unless they get someone to talk.  I think we've seen that in numerous cases.

They especially won't go after three SEC teams at once.  That's the problem.  You get too many teams involved, the NCAA just says, "Stay away from these agents.  SEC, you better educate your players better!"

If it was just Alabama, I could see them maybe investigating without anything coming of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 05:49:03 PM »

This check is from the Bama alum attorney who edited the Kristi Malzahn video and peddled Manziel signing, cut checks to Luther.

Davis wasn't playing in 2012 though.  Can they connect this check to Fluker's account?  Will they care?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions