Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The "process" continues....

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
The "process" continues....
« on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10298027/luke-del-rio-alabama-crimson-tide-transfer

Luke's father, Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, has a close relationship with Oregon State coach Mike Riley. The Beavers recruited Luke out of high school and offered him a scholarship, but he ultimately chose to walk on at Alabama instead.

Alabama's change at offensive coordinator, bringing in former USC coach Lane Kiffin after the departure of Doug Nussmeier, coupled with four-star quarterback David Cornwell enrolling early, could have played a role in Del Rio's decision to transfer.

Matthew Emmons/USA TODAY SportsLuke Del Rio may wind up at Oregon State, as his father -- Jack Del Rio -- is friends with Beavers coach Mike Riley.

The Tide must now figure out who will replace McCarron under center.

Blake Sims took the majority of snaps as McCarron's backup this season, but he's viewed primarily as a run-first quarterback with a so-so arm. He threw three interceptions during Alabama's final spring scrimmage and went 18-of-29 for 167 yards and two touchdowns during the season.

Alec Morris, a strong-armed redshirt freshman from Texas, was third on the depth chart. The former three-star prospect took some snaps but didn't attempt a pass during a game this season.

Cooper Bateman, the third-ranked pocket passer in the 2013 class, and Parker McLeod, a three-star prospect from Georgia, both redshirted their first seasons on campus. They'll be joined by Cornwell in the quarterback competition this spring.

"That'll be a really good competition this spring -- really, really excited about our young players on the roster at that position," Nussmeier told reporters prior to the Sugar Bowl and his leaving for Michigan. "With any young quarterback there's a steep learning curve, and for those guys it's about getting snaps every day and continuing to progress, and I like the development that we've seen in those young players. They need to continue to grow. We need to have a really, really good offseason."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

noxin

Re: The "process" continues....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
But...but...but...

Lane Kiffin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 03:43:13 PM »
From what I've read across the innerwebs the Bammers are banking on the backup QB from FSU transferring in and picking up where AJ left off.  He's apparently from Mobile originally.  I'm not sure why he wouldn't have to sit a year, but when did NCAA rules ever stop them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
Plus there is just something funny about an article starting out with "Luke's father".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
Plus there is just something funny about an article starting out with "Luke's father".

Awww, I've interrupted happy time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
Awww, I've interrupted happy time.

Fat man in a little coat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
Right here.  Not here or here so much.  Right here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »
Who's your favorite little rascal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »
From what I've read across the innerwebs the Bammers are banking on the backup QB from FSU transferring in and picking up where AJ left off.  He's apparently from Mobile originally. I'm not sure why he wouldn't have to sit a year, but when did NCAA rules ever stop them?

The kid's already graduated so all he has to do is pick a grad degree in something that Bama offers but FSU doesn't and claim he wants his Masters in that subject.  It's the same way that Russell Wilson was able to leave NC State for Wisconsin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 04:18:11 PM »
The kid's already graduated so all he has to do is pick a grad degree in something that Bama offers but FSU doesn't and claim he wants his Masters in that subject.  It's the same way that Russell Wilson was able to leave NC State for Wisconsin.

Aah...the coveted Masters in suit management.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »

Also how Jeremiah Masoli got into Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 06:46:48 PM »

That dude said today that any idea he'd transfer to UA was nothing but a rumor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
The process continues (SIAP):

uat DB Coach Greg Brown is expected to be fired soon. He was at uat all of one season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
From what I've read across the innerwebs the Bammers are banking on the backup QB from FSU transferring in and picking up where AJ left off.  He's apparently from Mobile originally.  I'm not sure why he wouldn't have to sit a year, but when did NCAA rules ever stop them?
I wonder what his mama's tittays look like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »
There is word that Reuben Foster is transfering.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
There is word that Reuben Foster is transfering.

To the Sleep Institute?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
To the Sleep Institute?

They need 5 stars too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'