Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corch Blakeney Speaks

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Corch Blakeney Speaks
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »
In an interview with Donald Heath on savannahnow.kum, Blakeney was asked about his program with relation to AU/UA and the fact that there hasn't been a game between Troy and either school.  I hate "coach speak".  I'm tired of sports clichés.  Just say what you mean and don't beat around the bush.  Anyway, try to figure out what he means...

Blakeney isn’t among the Troy fans who envision the day when the Trojans are competitive with an Alabama or Auburn. He doesn’t see the school’s future entwined with the instate powers.

Neither Alabama nor Auburn has played Troy in football since the Trojans’ move to FBS.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Corch Blakeney Speaks
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »
In an interview with Donald Heath on savannahnow.kum, Blakeney was asked about his program with relation to AU/UA and the fact that there hasn't been a game between Troy and either school.  I hate "coach speak".  I'm tired of sports clichés.  Just say what you mean and don't beat around the bush.  Anyway, try to figure out what he means...

Blakeney isn’t among the Troy fans who envision the day when the Trojans are competitive with an Alabama or Auburn. He doesn’t see the school’s future entwined with the instate powers.

Neither Alabama nor Auburn has played Troy in football since the Trojans’ move to FBS.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.”

He should have kept that down home....cuz.

Seriously though, he's an idiot. He quit worrying about them yet his next 2 sentences purely show he worries about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
Damn brother I don't believe I'd a told that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »
Damn brother I don't believe I'd a told that.
He's a rogue corch with an axe to grind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »
I love it. Man up and play Troy. Samford, UAB, Arky State, ULM--why not Troy? It makes no sense. UGA ain't scared to play Ga. Southern. I wish we could say the same about AU and Troy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »
Scared of Troy? 

He'd have a point last year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
I love it. Man up and play Troy. Samford, UAB, Arky State, ULM--why not Troy? It makes no sense. UGA ain't scared to play Ga. Southern. I wish we could say the same about AU and Troy.
Is you crazy! We gots our hands full just sneakin' by Arkansas St. in one of their off years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
Scared of Troy? 

There has been a couple of seasons that Troy could have beaten AU and UA since Blakeney has been there. The earth wouldn't stop spinning. I think it would be a sell out game and hopefully we'd curb stomp them and they could go back to Troy. Still, I'd love to see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »
Long been an advocate of playing Troy.  If we lose, we need to get better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:04:22 AM »
Would we still fall for a big wooden tiger in our stadium at night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 10:14:10 AM »
Would we still fall for a big wooden tiger in our stadium at night?
If it's a gift, take it. Haven't we all received crabs in a similar manner?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
Meh...I like Blakeney, but he is out of line. What does he benefit from saying nothing? Nothing. What does he benefit from calling out Auburn and Alabama? A lot.

There is no reason for Troy to play Auburn or Alabama. It would give credibility to Troy, even with an ass whipping, where Troy doesn't deserve the credibility.

Georgia playing GSU is completely different that Auburn or Alabama playing Troy. GSU is a tiny football program. Troy is a smaller D1 school that is trying to compete with the big boys. Why give them any more advantage to compete?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »
Meh...I like Blakeney, but he is out of line. What does he benefit from saying nothing? Nothing. What does he benefit from calling out Auburn and Alabama? A lot.

There is no reason for Troy to play Auburn or Alabama. It would give credibility to Troy, even with an ass whipping, where Troy doesn't deserve the credibility.

Georgia playing GSU is completely different that Auburn or Alabama playing Troy. GSU is a tiny football program. Troy is a smaller D1 school that is trying to compete with the big boys. Why give them any more advantage to compete?

What this guy said. Esp the ga southern comparison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »
Scared of Troy? 

Hell, last year they prolly would have been favored.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

You would certainly know more about that situation than most.  I respect your opinion but I just can't see Troy gaining any advantage from winning or losing this game.  Srsly, no disrespect but Troy will pretty much always be Troy, regardless if they pull a big upset of Auburn or Alabama or any other big name school.  They've always taken on all comers, from Nebraska to Miami to LSU and on and on.  Have beaten several of them and should have won many more, including Tennessee and Miss. State last year.  Blew those games.

Even with a win over AU or UA, they'll still have a 35,000 seat stadium that is rarely if ever filled, no matter who the opponent.  4* and 5* players aren't going to suddenly choose Troy over us because of an upset win and I can't see boosters deciding to give multi-millions to the program because of it either.  Troy will most likely always have a budget that's 1/5th or 22.7% of Auburn's or Alabama's, if that much. 

However, what you would see at JHS is a packed house as opposed to the maybe 70K that showed up the past two Saturdays.  I think there would be a huge in-state buzz over the game (at least the first one) and the City of Auburn would benefit from at least 15-20K more fans being on campus for the game.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »
You would certainly know more about that situation than most.  I respect your opinion but I just can't see Troy gaining any advantage from winning or losing this game.  Srsly, no disrespect but Troy will pretty much always be Troy, regardless if they pull a big upset of Auburn or Alabama or any other big name school.  They've always taken on all comers, from Nebraska to Miami to LSU and on and on.  Have beaten several of them and should have won many more, including Tennessee and Miss. State last year.  Blew those games.

Even with a win over AU or UA, they'll still have a 35,000 seat stadium that is rarely if ever filled, no matter who the opponent.  4* and 5* players aren't going to suddenly choose Troy over us because of an upset win and I can't see boosters deciding to give multi-millions to the program because of it either.  Troy will most likely always have a budget that's 1/5th or 22.7% of Auburn's or Alabama's, if that much. 

However, what you would see at JHS is a packed house as opposed to the maybe 70K that showed up the past two Saturdays.  I think there would be a huge in-state buzz over the game (at least the first one) and the City of Auburn would benefit from at least 15-20K more fans being on campus for the game.   
This is the primary reason that I would like to see it. It would be BETTER for AU than a lot of the other teams that we schedule. I don't see Troy as a recruiting threat as a result of this game any more than they are now.

I went to both schools but I'm more of a fan of AU. It would be good for Troy too, so of course I think that's good.

I'm simply an advocate of playing in state schools. It makes good business sense.

And like what he said or not, I believe Blakeney was speaking the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »

You are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rating Troy's fan base...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »

I'm simply an advocate of playing in state schools. It makes good business sense.

And like what he said or not, I believe Blakeney was speaking the truth.

I think he was too. As evidenced by some in this thread who think it would give Troy credibility. Did AU just give ASU credibility?

And if so, why would you give and out of state school credibility and not one of your own?

Are they not all STATE funded schools?

It makes no sense. There is no reason to give a home and home, but fill up the stadium on a off week instead of bringing in some lame ass opponent from Blue Mountain State....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
And I wanted Auburn in a series with FSU. How stupid was that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
And I wanted Auburn in a series with FSU. How stupid was that?

Well. If you hadn't been so anti Tater tot back in the day, we would still be having a home and home with them today. You and your height challenged discrimination!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.