Is still turrible.  Yes I know one drive but :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Token

Re: And the defense....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »
Well, qb has a cannon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »
Jake Holland has no business being on the field.  I don't care how stupid Frost is.  No business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »
And Frost sucks also, we screwed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »
At least their defense is as shootty as ours when it comes to tackling people in open field footraces.

Also, Marshall is 2-8 for 20 yards and 3 rushes for 5 yards. Hey, at least the other guys are getting it done. And thank Gus for that 2 point conversion...might be the difference in this one.  :aubie:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:37:24 PM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Yoda

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »
At least their defense is as shootty as ours when it comes to tackling people in open field footraces.

Also, Marshall is 2-8 for 20 yards and 3 rushes for 5 yards. Hey, at least the other guys are getting it done. And thank Gus for that 2 point conversion...might be the difference in this one.  :aubie:

In my opinion time to put JJ in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

Wow, those are some shitty stats
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »
Wow, those are some shootty stats

Good thing is our RBs can beat their defense in the foot races. Marshall wasn't getting a lot of help - dudes were dropping balls like Skrillex does the bass. Hoping for an improved second half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »
Whitehead is still Neiko lite and Mincy can't cover shit. NM looks like a quicker KF. RBs are freaking beasts!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Yoda

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
I think the red shirt will come off of JJ soon.  Marshall is terrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 09:38:47 PM »
I think the red shirt will come off of JJ soon.  Marshall is terrible.

That doesn't give me a real good feeling about the rest of the season.  Oh yeah, all I am going by is what y'all are posting because I can't pick the game up down here damn it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
We have very athletic QBs!
Therezie must have pics on his ref!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 10:28:59 PM »
Our DBs have more INTs tonight (3) than all of last year (2). So, that's improved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 10:35:44 PM »
Our DBs have more INTs tonight (3) than all of last year (2). So, that's improved.

Well. Therezie can catch. But coverage is BAD! At least if a QB is bad, we might catch a few.

If we shift and the run backside for another 15 yards one more time, I might hang myself.

Against to lowest of SEC teams, we will get punished.

Adams is a MAN!

If we had a Chris Todd type QB, we run away with this game. I pray NM leans to lay a little touch on the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »
Defense, specifically the secondary, was surprisingly efficient.

The one unit that surpassed my expectations, personally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:05 PM »
That doesn't give me a real good feeling about the rest of the season.  Oh yeah, all I am going by is what y'all are posting because I can't pick the game up down here damn it.

You didn't miss anything.  Defense not very good.  I personally don't understand how Marshall won the  job.  From what I heard and saw from Johnson past year it's a no brained.  I know it was high school but look at the stats and from what I saw on the field tonight a true freshmen can vompete with what I saw tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 12:40:18 AM »
To be fair to Marshall, two dropped passes and a stumble in the first quarter should have made him 13 of 19 with TD and minimum of 20 more yards for the night.  Not great but should be plenty when your team gains 297 on the ground. 

We have work to do for sure but saw some positives we can work on.  Not ready to give up on them yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 01:15:00 AM »
I was impressed with the way the team responded in the 2nd half, last year's team would've gotten stomped in the second half with the way the Leach Air Raid works the quick passing game.

Holland needs to put on a Auburn t-shirt and sit in the stands...right next to Chad Slade. So fucking sick of watching them. Slade does nothing but stalemate the DL, that's it...no movement. He doesn't move his feet when he makes contact and he ducks his head at times, which allows the defender to swim right past him, stuffing the RB in the backfield.
Holland continues to guess where the ball's going, and he's wrong nearly everytime...and when he's wrong, he gets swamped by the OL and Gabe Wright getting doubled into him. When the defense is running a Dime or Nickel Package (which is what we run), you can't have your second line of defense getting clobbered or being no where near the ball carrier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
Maybe I just don't know anything about football any more.  Maybe Johnson's defensive package is different, but when a team runs a downhill sweep, you shouldn't see #5 drifting into the edge of the frame 15 yards downfield. 

Don't linebackers scrape the line and fill the gap to stop the run or force it outside wider so the safety has time to come up and help? 

Jake Holland is quite possibly the worst defensive player I've ever seen.  I have no idea why Washington State threw 65 passes.  I don't know why they threw one. All they had to do was run right up the middle of the field for 15 yards a clip.  Holland either got dump trucked, or he blundered forward without reading the play and got tangled up away from the ball or he stood there running in place until somebody (or a whiff of air) got his shoulders turned parallel to the sidelines and he was out of the play. 

Care to guess how many tackles and assists Holland racked up last night? 

Z.E.R.O.   Not a single one. 

6     Jonathon Mincy      8     .     8     .      .     .      .      3     .     .      .
24    Ryan Smith      6     1     7     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
27    Robenson Therezie     6     1     7     .      .     .      2-24     1     .     .      .
9     Jermaine Whitehead     4     1     5     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
15    Joshua Holsey      4     1     5     .      .     .      1--2     1     .     .      1
17    Kris Frost      3     1     4     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
11    Chris Davis      1     2     3     1.0/3      .     .      .      3     .     .      .
1E    Montravius Adams     2     .     2     1.0/2      .     .      .      .     .     1.0/2      1
13    Craig Sanders      2     .     2     2.0/5      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
31    Trent Fisher      2     .     2     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
10    LaDarius Owens      1     1     2     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
19    Ryan White      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
8     Cassanova McKinzy     1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
8A    Tony Stevens      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
90    Gabe Wright      1     .     1     1.0/3      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
94    Nosa Eguae      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
5B    Ben Bradley      1     .     1     1.0/8      .     .      .      .     .     1.0/8      .
98    Angelo Blackson     1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
55    Carl Lawson      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
92    Kenneth Carter      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
20    Corey Grant      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1

Seriously. 

Not one single tackle.  Not one single assist. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
Maybe I just don't know anything about football any more.  Maybe Johnson's defensive package is different, but when a team runs a downhill sweep, you shouldn't see #5 drifting into the edge of the frame 15 yards downfield. 

Don't linebackers scrape the line and fill the gap to stop the run or force it outside wider so the safety has time to come up and help? 

Jake Holland is quite possibly the worst defensive player I've ever seen.  I have no idea why Washington State threw 65 passes.  I don't know why they threw one. All they had to do was run right up the middle of the field for 15 yards a clip.  Holland either got dump trucked, or he blundered forward without reading the play and got tangled up away from the ball or he stood there running in place until somebody (or a whiff of air) got his shoulders turned parallel to the sidelines and he was out of the play. 

Care to guess how many tackles and assists Holland racked up last night? 

Z.E.R.O.   Not a single one. 

6     Jonathon Mincy      8     .     8     .      .     .      .      3     .     .      .
24    Ryan Smith      6     1     7     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
27    Robenson Therezie     6     1     7     .      .     .      2-24     1     .     .      .
9     Jermaine Whitehead     4     1     5     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
15    Joshua Holsey      4     1     5     .      .     .      1--2     1     .     .      1
17    Kris Frost      3     1     4     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
11    Chris Davis      1     2     3     1.0/3      .     .      .      3     .     .      .
1E    Montravius Adams     2     .     2     1.0/2      .     .      .      .     .     1.0/2      1
13    Craig Sanders      2     .     2     2.0/5      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
31    Trent Fisher      2     .     2     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
10    LaDarius Owens      1     1     2     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
19    Ryan White      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
8     Cassanova McKinzy     1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
8A    Tony Stevens      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
90    Gabe Wright      1     .     1     1.0/3      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
94    Nosa Eguae      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
5B    Ben Bradley      1     .     1     1.0/8      .     .      .      .     .     1.0/8      .
98    Angelo Blackson     1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
55    Carl Lawson      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
92    Kenneth Carter      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
20    Corey Grant      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1

Seriously. 

Not one single tackle.  Not one single assist. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think Ellis saw it too. I didn't see Holland out there much in the second half. THS is right. Our LB situation as a whole is just sad. All of them, not just jake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE