Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the defense....

jmar

Re: And the defense....
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »
"...Kenny Flowers is a little bit behind because he doesn’t know all the scheme yet." -CEJ

Can he drop to cover, stay free of 300 lb. guards and bring a ball carrier down?

Not much of a video but he looks the part.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:31:26 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
"...Kenny Flowers is a little bit behind because he doesn’t know all the scheme yet." -CEJ

Can he drop to cover, stay free of 300 lb. guards and bring a ball carrier down?

Not much of a video but he looks the part.
I wondered about this sat night. I only saw Frost and Jake--it looks like we will be seeing more of Frost but still, we need Flowers to step up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »
Sorry Prowler, but Hollands hand being on the player already being taken down does not constitute as a tackle.....even if we were playing two hand tag.
You asked for a picture of "a Holland tackle", I not only provided you with a photo of "a Holland tackle", I painted you a picture of it too...now you've just gone and ruined it. I hope you're happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
You asked for a picture of "a Holland tackle", I not only provided you with a photo of "a Holland tackle", I painted you a picture of it too...now you've just gone and ruined it. I hope you're happy.

Keepin on da real.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
It's sexual and violent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »
We should nickname him the Holland Tunnel. Because everybody drives right through him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »
It's sexual and violent.

Let's play tummy sticks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
We should nickname him the Holland Tunnel. Because everybody drives right through him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 10:21:37 PM »

I can't find the thread where I put an over/under on Holland getting blown up or missing a tackle.

I said 5 and you took the over. Just watched the DVR and I am pretty sure it was play 4 where they got a first down after he missed the running back who went right by him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »
I can't find the thread where I put an over/under on Holland getting blown up or missing a tackle.

I said 5 and you took the over. Just watched the DVR and I am pretty sure it was play 4 where they got a first down after he missed the running back who went right by him.
Yeah, I took the over on the amount of plays that he'd either get blown up or miss the tackle...atleast that's what I thought I was calling the over on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »
Yes we ran mostly dime.

I want our CBs healthy enough to defend receivers rather than covering up for our absent LB play.
They aren't built to take down 220 # backs running at full bore in open field.
Yes some of the stunting up front might have created some problems...I get that.
Our MLB has to be able to react and at least hold on until help arrives.

On wide plays, when outnumbered it's expected that the WLB engage blockers and give themselves up occasionally...I get that too. But how does one get a positive grade from getting locked up, whiffing or leaving ones feet?   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
But how does one get a positive grade from getting locked up, whiffing or leaving ones feet?   

Well one can only assume that's what he was being graded on. 

Is there a Butkus award for that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
Well one can only assume that's what he was being graded on. 

Is there a Butkus award for that?

You misspelled Buttkiss
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.