Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the defense....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: And the defense....
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »
I don't give a fuck if Holland knows the plays, put someone out there that will see ball, hit ball...let someone else call the God Damn defense. Is it set in stone that the MLB calls the defense? Hell, if that's the case, go get some M.I.T. students to transfer and suit up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »
I don't give a fuck if Holland knows the plays, put someone out there that will see ball, hit ball...let someone else call the God Damn defense. Is it set in stone that the MLB calls the defense? Hell, if that's the case, go get some M.I.T. students to transfer and suit up.

We don't have that guy, that's the problem.  Frost isn't going to work either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »
I thought Holland was gonna be good? No more patience?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
I had rather take my chances and line up Montravious Adams at MLB...at least he would be a bitch to double, standing up and in motion. Yeah, yeah I know he is 300 pounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

Frost was no better.  If Cass is third string, I don't want to know how bad he is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:40 AM »
I think I've been saying our defense will not be good.  As Kaos pointed out, this isn't a great WSU team.  They are VERY well coached, and executed the simplest of what Leach does very well, but they're not overly talented, nor did they do anything to fool us.  And although they are mostly no huddle, they don't go especially fast.  More like steady pace no huddle.  We are going to struggle (and that's being optimistic) with average teams that have cohesive offenses, like Vandy and Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:09 PM »
I think I've been saying our defense will not be good.  As Kaos pointed out, this isn't a great WSU team.  They are VERY well coached, and executed the simplest of what Leach does very well, but they're not overly talented, nor did they do anything to fool us.  And although they are mostly no huddle, they don't go especially fast.  More like steady pace no huddle.  We are going to struggle (and that's being optimistic) with average teams that have cohesive offenses, like Vandy and Ole Miss.

I don't think we will have a problem with Vandy at all.  I think we easily handle them wanna bet on it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
I don't think we will have a problem with Vandy at all.  I think we easily handle them wanna bet on it?

They were mentioned by way of example only. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
They were mentioned by way of example only.
So no bet? :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
Maybe the answer is to convert to a 5-6 defense. We have a better chance of firing through the gaps and stuffing the run with 5 d-lineman, we will have an extra DB to cover Whitehead's man, and the production at LB stays the same.

Seriously though, till our D-linemen learn to hold their gaps and our LBs learn to shed blocks we are gonna get popped on running plays time from time. However, I don't think its any coincidence that as the pass D improved tremendously in the 2nd half the run D took a step back. I think CEJ knew his best chance at stopping their O was to have his D-linemen get up field and make their QB move out of the pocket where he was least effective. If guys get out of their rush lanes and we get popped a few times on the run so be it. He knew Leach would ever commit to the run and he was right.

1st Half
WSU passing
26-34    264 yards  1 TD 2 int

WSU rushing
12 carries 19 yards

21 points.

2nd half
WSU passing
9-31     80 yards   0 TDs 1 int

WSU rushing
11 carries 101 yards

3 points.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
Maybe the answer is to convert to a 5-6 defense. We have a better chance of firing through the gaps and stuffing the run with 5 d-lineman, we will have an extra DB to cover Whitehead's man, and the production at LB stays the same.

Seriously though, till our D-linemen learn to hold their gaps and our LBs learn to shed blocks we are gonna get popped on running plays time from time. However, I don't think its any coincidence that as the pass D improved tremendously in the 2nd half the run D took a step back. I think CEJ knew his best chance at stopping their O was to have his D-linemen get up field and make their QB move out of the pocket where he was least effective. If guys get out of their rush lanes and we get popped a few times on the run so be it. He knew Leach would ever commit to the run and he was right.

1st Half
WSU passing
26-34    264 yards  1 TD 2 int

WSU rushing
12 carries 19 yards

21 points.

2nd half
WSU passing
9-31     80 yards   0 TDs 1 int

WSU rushing
11 carries 101 yards

3 points.
I love, love, LOVE!!! Second half adjustments...I've missed them so much.
You know, it's true what they say, you don't realize how much you've missed something until it's gone. But when that something comes back, you hold onto it and cherish it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 06:07:58 PM »
Just now watching the game. Secon INT. Jake turns around in time to see it, then starts to CELEBRATE - jumping up and down - while the ball is still live. It suddenly dampens on his that he needs to BLOCK and my then does he reengage.

:facepalm:

Did not think he could be worse than last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 08:53:15 PM »
Maybe I just don't know anything about football any more.  Maybe Johnson's defensive package is different, but when a team runs a downhill sweep, you shouldn't see #5 drifting into the edge of the frame 15 yards downfield. 

Don't linebackers scrape the line and fill the gap to stop the run or force it outside wider so the safety has time to come up and help? 

Jake Holland is quite possibly the worst defensive player I've ever seen.  I have no idea why Washington State threw 65 passes.  I don't know why they threw one. All they had to do was run right up the middle of the field for 15 yards a clip.  Holland either got dump trucked, or he blundered forward without reading the play and got tangled up away from the ball or he stood there running in place until somebody (or a whiff of air) got his shoulders turned parallel to the sidelines and he was out of the play. 

Care to guess how many tackles and assists Holland racked up last night? 

Z.E.R.O.   Not a single one. 

6     Jonathon Mincy      8     .     8     .      .     .      .      3     .     .      .
24    Ryan Smith      6     1     7     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
27    Robenson Therezie     6     1     7     .      .     .      2-24     1     .     .      .
9     Jermaine Whitehead     4     1     5     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
15    Joshua Holsey      4     1     5     .      .     .      1--2     1     .     .      1
17    Kris Frost      3     1     4     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
11    Chris Davis      1     2     3     1.0/3      .     .      .      3     .     .      .
1E    Montravius Adams     2     .     2     1.0/2      .     .      .      .     .     1.0/2      1
13    Craig Sanders      2     .     2     2.0/5      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
31    Trent Fisher      2     .     2     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
10    LaDarius Owens      1     1     2     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
19    Ryan White      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
8     Cassanova McKinzy     1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
8A    Tony Stevens      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
90    Gabe Wright      1     .     1     1.0/3      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
94    Nosa Eguae      1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
5B    Ben Bradley      1     .     1     1.0/8      .     .      .      .     .     1.0/8      .
98    Angelo Blackson     1     .     1     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      .
55    Carl Lawson      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
92    Kenneth Carter      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1
20    Corey Grant      .     .     .     .      .     .      .      .     .     .      1

Seriously. 

Not one single tackle.  Not one single assist. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was gonna post my thoughts and stuff from the game with the last question being:

If any one can post a picture of a Holland tackle I would send you $500.00 or donate to your favorite charity. you made my offer moot.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »
Hopefully we are saving Ford for conference play. CEJ says that Lawson and Daniel are our best situational speed rushers plus we have Sanders, Owens, Eguae and Carter, all with real experience.
Inside we have space eaters in Blackson, Whitaker, Wright and now Bradley.
Please let us wheel Adams on stunts as we did with Fairley in 2010.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 01:30:40 AM »

I was gonna post my thoughts and stuff from the game with the last question being:

If any one can post a picture of a Holland tackle I would send you $500.00 or donate to your favorite charity. you made my offer moot.

The Holland Tackle

I'll take that $500 in $20 bills.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:07:07 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »

I tried to capture the intensity of that tackle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31:46 AM »
Holland likes to go Dutch (where everyone tackles themselves)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »

I'll take that $500 in $20 bills.

Sorry Prowler, but Hollands hand being on the player already being taken down does not constitute as a tackle.....even if we were playing two hand tag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Sorry Prowler, but Hollands hand being on the player already being taken down does not constitute as a tackle.....even if we were playing two hand tag.

Official stats confirm. I already posted that.

No tackles. No assists. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
Official stats confirm. I already posted that.

No tackles. No assists.

So...no black velvet painting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.