Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the new Batman is....

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: And the new Batman is....
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
This just in Justin Bieber to play Robin in this Turd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »
This just in Justin Bieber to play Robin in this Turd.

Doubtful...I think that was some sort of joke that he's doing with Funny or Die.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

jmar

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2013, 08:48:19 AM »
I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but what would you all think about a black Batman?  Specifically Idris Elba for those that have seen him act.
Luther (Elba) would have made a great Batman with Ruth Wilson as the villainess.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 12:37:33 PM »
In another example of what I mentioned in page one of this thread that irks me as stickler for canon:

http://www.thewrap.com/20th-century-fox-finally-found-fantastic-four-exclusive/

Fox Finally Finds Its ‘Fantastic Four’; Jamie Bell Poised to Play The Thing (Exclusive)
By Jeff Sneider on February 19, 2014 @ 8:32 pm

Fox Finally Finds Its "Fantastic Four&amp" Jamie Bell Poised to Play The Thing (Exclusive)   

'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive)

“House of Cards” star Kate Mara will play Sue Storm opposite Michael B. Jordan in Josh Trank’s highly-anticipated comic book movie

Has 20th Century Fox found its “Fantastic Four?” It sure seems that way, as Hollywood was buzzing Wednesday with news that Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell are nearing deals to star in the studio’s reboot of the popular comic book franchise, multiple individuals familiar with the superhero movie have told TheWrap.

20th Century Fox had no comment, while representatives for Teller, Mara and Bell did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

Insiders with knowledge of the drawn-out casting process have told TheWrap that Bell is in heavy discussions to play Ben Grimm, aka The Thing. Bell’s name has never been mentioned in connection with the coveted superhero role, though it certainly makes sense as he has experience with motion-capture performances, having starred in Steven Spielberg’s “The Adventures of Tintin.” However, there is no official deal in place for Bell yet.

Jordan is set to play Johnny Storm, aka the Human Torch, while Mara is in final negotiations to play his sister Sue Storm, aka the Invisible Woman. It remains unclear how the film will explain their relationship as siblings — whether one will be adopted or if they share a parent.

Teller is the studio’s top choice to play team leader Reed Richards, aka Mr. Fantastic, and while the “Whiplash” star is eager to tackle the role, there is a significant obstacle that must be overcome first.

Teller plays Peter in the upcoming tentpole “Divergent” and has a deal to reprise his role in the sequel “Insurgent,” which is expected to start production in Louisiana at the same time as “Fantastic Four.” If his shooting dates can’t be worked out with “Insurgent” studio Lionsgate/Summit, the role of Mr. Fantastic may have to be recast.

While one studio source cautions that chemistry between the four actors is vital to the casting process and if Teller’s deal doesn’t close, it could affect the casting of The Thing, another insider told TheWrap that Bell is unlikely to be impacted by Teller’s casting.

Jordan and Teller recently co-starred in “That Awkward Moment” and are planning to reteam with director Tom Gormican on an untitled heist movie in development at Warner Bros.

Mara and Bell share their own history, as both are attached to star in the indie boxing movie “Fighting Jacob,” which coincidentally is being produced by Jordan’s manager Kenny Goodman.
What a steaming dump this cast is for so many reasons.

This dinky little puss is supposed to be The Thing?

And the obvious WTF. So the brother & sister duo are now of completely different races? We're stretching pretty hard and are going to have to create some additional storyline just to explain this casting that makes no sense.

Why not make The Thing the black guy if there's some quota we're trying to reach? I'm all for adding new super heroes that black children can identify with and then put them in these movies. Take for example the Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out this summer. That comic wasn't created until 2008. If the goal is to have black actors more represented in these super hero movies, why couldn't they have made the lead, Peter Quill a black dude? Why introduce a new blonde haired blue eyed honky?

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's a relatively minor detail, and I'm not upset in a Bill O'Reilley "They're taking over" kind of way, but in a "But that's not what he's supposed to look like" kind of way, and in this case "But Sue & Johnny Storm are supposed to be biological siblings" kind of way.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:52:49 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »
In another example of what I mentioned in page one of this thread that irks me as stickler for canon:

http://www.thewrap.com/20th-century-fox-finally-found-fantastic-four-exclusive/
Teller is the studio’s top choice to play team leader Reed Richards, aka Mr. Fantastic, and while the “Whiplash” star is eager to tackle the role, there is a significant obstacle that must be overcome first.

Teller plays Peter in the upcoming tentpole “Divergent” and has a deal to reprise his role in the sequel “Insurgent,” which is expected to start production in Louisiana at the same time as “Fantastic Four.” If his shooting dates can’t be worked out with “Insurgent” studio Lionsgate/Summit, the role of Mr. Fantastic may have to be recast.

While one studio source cautions that chemistry between the four actors is vital to the casting process and if Teller’s deal doesn’t close, it could affect the casting of The Thing, another insider told TheWrap that Bell is unlikely to be impacted by Teller’s casting.

Jordan and Teller recently co-starred in “That Awkward Moment” and are planning to reteam with director Tom Gormican on an untitled heist movie in development at Warner Bros.

Mara and Bell share their own history, as both are attached to star in the indie boxing movie “Fighting Jacob,” which coincidentally is being produced by Jordan’s manager Kenny Goodman.
What a steaming dump this cast is for so many reasons.

This dinky little puss is supposed to be The Thing?

And the obvious WTF. So the brother & sister duo are now of completely different races? We're stretching pretty hard and are going to have to create some additional storyline just to explain this casting that makes no sense.

Why not make The Thing the black guy if there's some quota we're trying to reach? I'm all for adding new super heroes that black children can identify with and then put them in these movies. Take for example the Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out this summer. That comic wasn't created until 2008. If the goal is to have black actors more represented in these super hero movies, why couldn't they have made the lead, Peter Quill a black dude? Why introduce a new blonde haired blue eyed honky?

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's a relatively minor detail, and I'm not upset in a Bill O'Reilley "They're taking over" kind of way, but in a "But that's not what he's supposed to look like" kind of way, and in this case "But Sue & Johnny Storm are supposed to be biological siblings" kind of way.

All I heard was "racist"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »
All I heard was "racist"

Noooo! Only you and I are racist!

I said the same thing about Wild wild West years ago and got blasted as a racist.

I just thought the character of James West set in the civil war era made more sense to hold to the original premise of a white guy in that role. But I guess I was racist and did not like the black guy.

Now if they had just got Mickey Rourke to play Ali....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
Noooo! Only you and I are racist!

I said the same thing about Wild wild West years ago and got blasted as a racist.

I just thought the character of James West set in the civil war era made more sense to hold to the original premise of a white guy in that role. But I guess I was racist and did not like the black guy.

Now if they had just got Mickey Rourke to play Ali....

I haven't seen that movie in a coon's age.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Black Man & LaRobin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »
Why do you hate Handiman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »
I haven't seen that movie in a coon's age.

I say that or Kaos says that, we get raped over the coals.

I guess its all about perceptification!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »

There's a slight difference between a joke that utilizes a play on words from a popular phrase and posting a thread that is a raging rant about how ****ers should die.  One is appreciated for its wit and playful humor, the other...not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
There's a slight difference between a joke that utilizes a play on words from a popular phrase and posting a thread that is a raging rant about how ****ers should die.  One is appreciated for its wit and playful humor, the other...not so much.

Got it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »

It is also a quote from the Wild Wild West movie with Fresh Prince, the one you were speaking of.

I guess you will just continue to be slave to your disappointments.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:11:17 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:47 AM »
Yes but it was racist.
And I've yet to see that thread. Could you by chance point it out to us.

Or were you just trying to overplay your intelligence again!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2014, 01:57:32 AM »
And I've yet to see that thread. Could you by chance point it out to us.

Or were you just trying to overplay your intelligence again!

No one said anything about intelligence...do you have some sort of inferiority complex?  For fuck's sake...I'm not even commenting on the thread that your menstrual-like bitching is alluding to.

The thread in question was deleted for obvious reasons.  I saw it before it was deleted.  Go cry to the admins about the lack of readily available evidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:56 AM »
No one said anything about intelligence...do you have some sort of inferiority complex?  For fudge's sake...I'm not even commenting on the thread that your menstrual-like bitching is alluding to.

The thread in question was deleted for obvious reasons.  I saw it before it was deleted.  Go cry to the admins about the lack of readily available evidence.

BS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 11:37:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »
Batman be looking more scary than the batman of my youth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »
Look at that chin.  My goodness what a chin. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole