Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the new Batman is....

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: And the new Batman is....
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
Look at that chin.  My goodness what a chin.

I've come across yup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Look at that chin.  My goodness what a chin.
:thumsup: Gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

Awful. Just horrible.

The suit looks like this:

Batfan for life, but this is an abomination. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
Awful. Just horrible.

The suit looks like this:

Batfan for life, but this is an abomination.

miss the nipples?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »

miss the nipples?

Prefer the nips to this "flayed man" look.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58:40 PM »
After looking at this more, one thing that bothers me-- other than the suit sort of sucks and Affleck is on the same level as John Travolta and Nick Cage as an actor -- is that it seems they returned to t he Michael Keaton style Batmobile. 

Ok, that's not the only thing that bothers me.  I've been wrong before.  I had no expectations for Marvel's Avengers because Iron Man 2 had slipped so far from the original and Cap'n America, Thor and Hulk were all a little meh.  But I was wrong.  In the right hands that became a marvelous movie. 

Doesn't allay my fears here.

1) Batman is more than a jaw and a dour attitude.  In the proper hands he doesn't have to be a morose  jackass. He doesn't have to be near monosyllabic.  Keaton -- even though the movie doesn't hold up in retrospect because Burton was the last human on earth who should have been handling that film -- did a good job of managing the Bruce Wayne persona.  Better than Bale did.  Affleck has nothing to recommend him for this role beyond a square face.   He's not Leo DiCaprio (who would be magnificent in the Bruce Wayne role, but has the wrong face).  He's not his buddy Matt who would be good here.  Wahlberg -- minus the Boston twang -- would be better. There was a time Bruce Willis could have handled it.  Affleck is just a poor actor.  Good director, but tolerable only in peripheral bit parts, not as a lead of this magnitude.

2) According to most of the web nerds, the director is looking to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns for inspiration.  WRONG.  I'd be excited about a Dark Knight Returns movie because for that one you COULD cast Bruce Willis.  Dark Knight Returns is about a world after Batman hung it up for a long time and both he and Superman got old.  The Bat comes back and is older, weaker and creaky.  He struggles to just survive brawls he would have dominated in his prime.  Superman is a wussy government stooge. Selina Kyle (Catwoman) is a hooker. How you can look to that for an origin story about the beginnings of the Batman/Superman dynamic (and the Justice League) is beyond me. 

3) The director.  Joss Whedon managed the multiple egos and competing characters of The Avengers masterfully.  I have no such confidence in Zack Snyder.  Look at his resume.

300 - Overwrought, stylized sword and sandal epic.  Wasn't great.

Sucker Punch - I liked it, but it was quirky and gray and stylized and over the top. It wasn't great. Could have been in more capable hands.

Watchmen - Terrible. Very stylized, over the top, overwrought.  Unwatchable.

Dawn of the Dead - Campy, choppy, failed to gain much traction in a world primed and hungry for good zombie stories (Walking Dead, World War Z)

Man of Steel - It was better than I expected, but still wasn't even in the same stratosphere as Iron Man or Avengers.  It looked like Sucker Punch in the way it was shot (the hues even) and it boasted the same overdone and tedious brawling that deadened Sucker Punch, 300 and even Watchmen (what I could stand of it).  Looking at his entire body of work, all those movies have a similar (not great) feel.

There's nothing in Snyder's history that hints at anything near the balance and symmetry Whedon brought to Avengers. 

Batman is my favorite superhero. Grew up with him, loved the comics and chose him over any of the rest.  Not Superman, Green anything, Iron Man (he's so much better on screen than in the comics), Spiderman or any of those.  Batman.  Well, I also liked the Kamandi comics, but that's a story for another day. 

I've still got Batman underwear. Wearing it at the moment, in fact.   

Put a woman in a Harley Quinn outfit or Batman style lingere? Or even a Batman T and panties?  Trippy triggers.

I'm still waiting for the perfect movie treatment of the dude.  Christian Bale's version was almost there, but his silly voice antics took away from it.  His second film, with Heath Ledger as the Joker (another casting move I questioned) was about as good as there was.  But Bale wasn't quite buff enough to carry off the Wayne persona and they crammed way too much in there.  We didn't need the two-face story, didn't need the UGLIEST love interest for Batman ever envisioned in that hideous Gyllenhall horse, didn't need more Scarecrow.  It was a touch too ponderous. It was way too long. And it didn't make any time for fun other than in the mayhem of the Joker.  Bruce Wayne isn't a tight-lipped jackhole.  Bale and Nolan never figured that out. 

I don't have much hope this will be any better. In fact I anticipate it will be rant-inducing. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:09:48 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »
Watchmen - Terrible. Very stylized, over the top, overwrought.  Unwatchable.

I think of all of the stuff Snyder has done, this is the one that concerns me the most, inability to direct a film with multiple superheros.  Only redeeming thing about Watchmen was the Rorschach scene with the cooking oil in the prison, which was lifted directly from the comic.

Like you, I've always been a Batman fan.  He and Daredevil have always been my 1a and 1b for being my favorite.

If we're going to get stuff lifted from the Dark Knight, it's going to be the scene where Batman whips Superman's ass.

Better to lift it from the Man of Steel series that John Byrne did, where Superman gives Batman the Kryptonite ("I want the only way to beat me to lay in the hands of the only man I trust")
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
Vicki Vale-Vicki Vale.

Nuff said:

http://videos.sapo.pt/7vqmDKe1tFcs9BMnvfmj
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:04:06 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
Vicki Vale-Vicki Vale.

Nuff said:

That song was my jam summer of 89!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »

THAT CHIN
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2014, 01:26:52 AM »
Boo.

Still shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2014, 10:01:19 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2014, 10:12:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2014, 10:17:58 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
Looks like a hairy ass

Damn, what kind of people you know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »

Damn, what kind of people you know?

I would guess hairy assed ones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »
Ugh

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2015, 05:15:31 PM »
Ugh

That has abortion written all over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2015, 05:18:25 PM »
Superman sucked and I had 0 interest in a sequel.

But y'all are crazy. I actually think the Batffleck will work. Much more better than the Suicide Squad trailer IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions