Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the new Batman is....

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: And the new Batman is....
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
Maybe he'll screw Lois Lane in an extremely uncomfortable place.

Like in the back of a Volkswagen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
Hey Clark, you gotta be wicked smaht to like them apples. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
Once again, I'm going to take the minority position on this. Twitter as a whole lost their shit over this choice as well.

I think Ben Affleck is the perfect Bruce Wayne. Best casting of the role in film history, IMO. The chin alone nails it.

Prior to this, in my opinion, George Clooney was the best cast Wayne, albeit in hands down the worst movie.

Contrarily, Bale was the worst cast Wayne in the best movie(s).

From a physical standpoint, Bruce is supposed to be stocky, and ruggedly handsome with a protruding, dimpled chin. Bale was skinny, clean cut, with kinda-long blondish hair. And don't get me started on his "Batman voice".

And let's not forget how much people bitched about Heath Ledger as the Joker when that was first announced.

All in all, I applaud the choice. Even if I'm on an island.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
You're on an island...and a tiny one at that.

Maybe you're right though.  I think it's just really fun to bust on him. 
You add in the way he fucking butchered Daredevil and I just don't have a lot of hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
Once again, I'm going to take the minority position on this. Twitter as a whole lost their shit over this choice as well.

I think Ben Affleck is the perfect Bruce Wayne. Best casting of the role in film history, IMO. The chin alone nails it.

What the hell does his chin have to do with anything?  It's Affleck's demeanor that bothers me.  When he's an actor, he carries this silly school boy swagger.  He's a great director.  He's an obnoxious actor.  He's the kid in the back of the classroom you want to punch in the face but don't because the cute girls hang around him - thing is, those cute girls can't stand him either. 

Batman should be calm, cool, collected.  He should be suave and serious.  He shouldn't bob his head when he talks.  He shouldn't kick his jaw out like a jock-itched football player. 

When Affleck speaks, he speaks as if everyone in the world should bow down to his words.  That's not Batman.  Batman is quiet.  He's an introvert.  He gets shit done and does it from the blackness of a cave. 

I can't see any evidence that Affleck can pull this off.

Prior to this, in my opinion, George Clooney was the best cast Wayne, albeit in hands down the worst movie.

Contrarily, Bale was the worst cast Wayne in the best movie(s).

WHUT.  Clooney was awful as Batman.  He embodied everything Batman was not.  He was ten times more of the obnoxious popular high school student that Affleck could be. 

Bale was the best Wayne but an average Batman.  There's no way you can explain Bale not being the quintessential billionaire bachelor with a dark secret.

From a physical standpoint, Bruce is supposed to be stocky, and ruggedly handsome with a protruding, dimpled chin. Bale was skinny, clean cut, with kinda-long blondish hair. And don't get me started on his "Batman voice".

Are you even paying attention to the movies?  Bale doesn't have blond hair. 

Sure Affleck may have the head shape for Batman.  But so do a lot of actors.

And let's not forget how much people bitched about Heath Ledger as the Joker when that was first announced.

All in all, I applaud the choice. Even if I'm on an island.

And Ledger had to lock himself in a motel for months to come up with his portrayal of the Joker.  And while I loved his performance, it wasn't classic Joker.  You're praising Affleck for his ability to possibly portray Batman the way he was originally intended in the comics, yet you're using Ledger's performance as evidence that it's possible? 

Also, Ledger died.  Do we really want to wish that upon Affleck?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »
Also, Ledger died.  Do we really want to wish that upon Affleck?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »
You add in the way he fucking butchered Daredevil and I just don't have a lot of hope.

Exactly what I was thinking.  He fucked up my second favorite comic hero, and now, he's going to fuck up my first favorite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »
Affleck being Batman can only mean one thing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »
What the hell does his chin have to do with anything?

It's Affleck's demeanor that bothers me.  When he's an actor, he carries this silly school boy swagger.  He's a great director.  He's an obnoxious actor.  He's the kid in the back of the classroom you want to punch in the face but don't because the cute girls hang around him - thing is, those cute girls can't stand him either. 

Batman should be calm, cool, collected.  He should be suave and serious.  He shouldn't bob his head when he talks.  He shouldn't kick his jaw out like a jock-itched football player.
Yes, he should. Everything else I don't see. Also, he is an actor you know. If the role calls for him to be as brooding as he is in real life, as opposed to some quirky characters he may have played, I'm pretty sure he can pull it off.

WHUT.  Clooney was awful as Batman.  He embodied everything Batman was not.  He was ten times more of the obnoxious popular high school student that Affleck could be. 
It sounds like you have it in for the pretty boys. Again, the ruggedly handsome look is a requirement for Wayne, not a strike against him. He's a millionaire playboy, not some goth kid. There's no denying Clooney was in the worst movie, as I said, but as for the casting on its face, he most closely resembled Bruce Wayne.

Bale was the best Wayne but an average Batman.  There's no way you can explain Bale not being the quintessential billionaire bachelor with a dark secret.
Just didn't have the look. Agree his Wayne was better than his Batman, but I would slide the scale way down to average Wayne, abysmal Batman.

Are you even paying attention to the movies?  Bale doesn't have blond hair. 
I said blond-ish. It's certainly not the clean cut short black hair that Bruce Wayne has always had.

Sure Affleck may have the head shape for Batman.  But so do a lot of actors.
None so much as Affleck.

And Ledger had to lock himself in a motel for months to come up with his portrayal of the Joker.  And while I loved his performance, it wasn't classic Joker.  You're praising Affleck for his ability to possibly portray Batman the way he was originally intended in the comics, yet you're using Ledger's performance as evidence that it's possible? 
I'm saying, your argument that we can't have the loveable guy from Jersey Girl playing Batman is like bitching about the guy from Brokeback Mountain & Ten Things I Hate About You. They're actors. Don't pigeonhole them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »
....and while we are on the subject if you liked the Judge Dredd comics that were all dark, then you should check out "Dredd".  It is true to the comic and not that 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag that Stallone made in the 80's. 
I think it just went up on Netflix streaming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
....and while we are on the subject if you liked the Judge Dredd comics that were all dark, then you should check out "Dredd".  It is true to the comic and not that 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag that Stallone made in the 80's. 
I think it just went up on Netflix streaming.

Is it streaming?  I've really been wanting to see it.

But only if the actors all have pronounced chins.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:35:13 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
I never thought of Michael Keaton as a stud or hero material - especially after Mr. Mom - but holy smoking hot in a dark and brooding way, Batman!! He really pulled it off, and he is not classically handsome or tall or built or n possession of a chin that would cut paper.  But he "got it" - the brooding, the sadness, the thirst for revenge, and I for one loved him as Batman.  No one since has really worked for me. I liked Clooney only because he is hot as hell and I would watch a movie of him reading the phone book.

I am not enthusiastic about Affleck, and doubt he can pull it off, but am willing to reserve judgment.   His problem is this:  Henry Cavil makes a great Clark Kent/Superman, and people already like him, so Affleck will really have to try harder now than he would have in a Batman only movie. 

I am just thankful they didn't cast Tom "The Fuckstick That Completely Ruined Jack Reacher" Cruise...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
Is it streaming? 

You should read closer.  Your chin must have gotten in the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:41 PM »
People just as suited to play Batman:

Needs a little hair dye...

This one even has a bit of a dimple in that manly chin....

He even has two chins....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »
Is it streaming?  I've really been wanting to see it.

But only if the actors all have pronounced chins.
I saw it. Liked it. Although, basically it was one 2 hour scene.

AND I WAS NOT PLEASED WITH THE CHIN QUALITY OF THE ACTOR THAT PLAYED DREDD.

Seriously, the only comic book character requiring more chin than Batman is Dredd.

Karl Urban failed.

With Stallone, once again, the movie was shit, but the casting was spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »
I never thought of Michael Keaton as a stud or hero material - especially after Mr. Mom - but holy smoking hot in a dark and brooding way, Batman!! He really pulled it off, and he is not classically handsome or tall or built or n possession of a chin that would cut paper.  But he "got it" - the brooding, the sadness, the thirst for revenge, and I for one loved him as Batman.  No one since has really worked for me. I liked Clooney only because he is hot as hell and I would watch a movie of him reading the phone book.

I am not enthusiastic about Affleck, and doubt he can pull it off, but am willing to reserve judgment.   His problem is this:  Henry Cavil makes a great Clark Kent/Superman, and people already like him, so Affleck will really have to try harder now than he would have in a Batman only movie. 

I am just thankful they didn't cast Tom "The Fuckstick That Completely Ruined Jack Reacher" Cruise...
Agree Keaton was probably the second best cast so far, and probably did the best job overall.

Kilmer's the only one that hasn't been discussed yet. He was about on par with Bale, albeit, again, in a much shittier movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 03:50:51 PM »
Marvel comics are better.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 03:56:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
Marvel comics are better.

Said no one but you, ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
Agree Keaton was probably the second best cast so far, and probably did the best job overall.

Kilmer's the only one that hasn't been discussed yet. He was about on par with Bale, albeit, again, in a much shittier movie.
I normally agree with most of your movie thoughts, but you have done lost your friggin mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum