Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Walking School Bus

Walking School Bus
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:26:02 AM »
Haven't seen this discussed yet.  No I'm not joking. 

www.walkingschoolbus.org

It's a full website endorsed by Michelle Obama that can help you form a walking school bus in your area. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Walking School Bus
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:45:45 AM »
Haven't seen this discussed yet.  No I'm not joking. 

www.walkingschoolbus.org

It's a full website endorsed by Michelle Obama that can help you form a walking school bus in your area.

All I see in those pictures are white children.  I guess not only can we no longer sit in the front of the bus, we can't even get on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
I seriously don't get all the facepalming at Michelle Obama trying to promote physical fitness for children.

There's a billion and one things to legitimately bitch about the President. I fail to see how his wife trying to cut down the obesity epidemic in children is one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:23:41 PM »
Looks like the Hoover City Schools are on board with this...

http://www.abc3340.com/story/22857390/hoover-city-schools-says-bye-bye-to-buses
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
I seriously don't get all the facepalming at Michelle Obama trying to promote physical fitness for children.

There's a billion and one things to legitimately bitch about the President. I fail to see how his wife trying to cut down the obesity epidemic in children is one of them.
I thought you were leaning libertarian?  You really don't see how turning walking to school into a government program is a microcosm of what is wrong with our country? 

Stay tuned for the next one.  Spic and Span Hygiene.  The government has a wonderful way for you to maintain proper cleanliness after defecation.  Green toilet paper with a whole new wiping technique that minimizes toilet paper waste. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:10 PM »
Not sure if serious. I fail to see the government overreach. I missed where the government is FORCING anyone to do anything.

And again, we're talking about encouraging kids to exercise more. This is a bad thing?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:57:35 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
My kids would have to walk 17 miles to school, 10 of which are interstate.  This is obviously geared toward inner city minority children. I feel discriminated against. Why are my kids not important enough for the First Lady? 

Maybe I'll use the new HUD program to relocate my middle class family to the inner city neighborhoods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 09:58:02 PM »
All I see in those pictures are white children.  I guess not only can we no longer sit in the front of the bus, we can't even get on it.
We didn't land on Plymouth Rock; Plymouth Rock landed on us!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »
My kids would have to walk 17 miles to school, 10 of which are interstate.  This is obviously geared toward inner city minority children. I feel discriminated against. Why are my kids not important enough for the First Lady? 

Maybe I'll use the new HUD program to relocate my middle class family to the inner city neighborhoods.

Might as well, they will all be empty soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »
Not sure if serious. I fail to see the government overreach. I missed where the government is FORCING anyone to do anything.

And again, we're talking about encouraging kids to exercise more. This is a bad thing?

Does it have to be force for it to be criticized? 

My and your tax dollars are being spent to promote some cockeyed version of walking to school because for some reason, citizens in this country are incapable of thinking "Hey, maybe I should walk to school for exercise" on their own. 

Not to mention, this is a bullshit way of "getting into shape."  Even if you walk 2 miles to school, you're not going to burn enough calories to offset the 300 calorie bag of poptarts these imbecile children shoved into their mouth before finding the Walking School Bus Driver at the Walking School Bus Stop. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »
Nancy Reagan wasted tax dollars with "Just Say No" campaigns. Are kids too dumb to figure out not to do dugs on their own?

Barbara and Laua Bush wasted tax dollars with literacy campaigns. Are kids too dumb to figure out how to read on their own?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
Nancy Reagan wasted tax dollars with "Just Say No" campaigns. Are kids too dumb to figure out not to do dugs on their own?

Barbara and Laua Bush wasted tax dollars with literacy campaigns. Are kids too dumb to figure out how to read on their own?

The drug example is a good one.  Should the government be wasting money trying to prevent kids from using drugs?  Probably not.  People don't need government guidance in the way they live their lives. 

And of course kids are too dumb to figure out how to read on their own.  What the hell kind of question is that?  That's something the government should be doing.  Providing finances for educators to properly teach children life skills such as reading. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:05 PM »
The drug example is a good one.  Should the government be wasting money trying to prevent kids from using drugs?  Probably not.  People don't need government guidance in the way they live their lives. 

And of course kids are too dumb to figure out how to read on their own.  What the hell kind of question is that?  That's something the government should be doing.  Providing finances for educators to properly teach children life skills such as reading.
...and being physically fit and healthy.

Do you not agree that we have an obesity epidemic in this country? Particularly as it pertains to fat fucking lazy kids eating shit and playing Nintendo all day?

This is completely typical of a first lady cause. You have to pull a groin stretching hard enough to be outraged by promoting physical fitness and healthy eating in children.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:38:06 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
...and being physically fit and healthy.

Do you not agree that we have an obesity epidemic in this country? Particularly as it pertains to fat fucking lazy kids eating shit and playing Nintendo all day?

This is completely typical of a first lady cause. You have to pull a groin stretching hard enough to be outraged by promoting physical fitness and healthy eating in children.

I agree with the premise here, but I was right in my above post minus the sarcasm.  This really only affects the majority of inner-city schools, primarily minorities.  With that said, I wonder what the ratio is with obesity in children?  Just my guess would be the white kids who live in rural areas that literally have 0% chance of taking a part in this program, are more than likely the fatass kids playing video games in air conditioning all day.  Whereas the inner-city minorities spend all day running and getting exercise. 

Dont do drugs will probably be more effective. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 12:34:10 AM »
So if a kid misses THIS bus, are they allowed to chase after it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »
I thought you were leaning libertarian?  You really don't see how turning walking to school into a government program is a microcosm of what is wrong with our country? 

Stay tuned for the next one.  Spic and Span Hygiene.  The government has a wonderful way for you to maintain proper cleanliness after defecation.  Green toilet paper with a whole new wiping technique that minimizes toilet paper waste.
More discrimination against whites, since that one sounds like it caters to immigrants
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »

Laura was an educator and librarian. Made sense.

Does Michelle exactly look like she practices what she preaches (or has ever)? What the fuck makes her a qualified nutritionist or expert in exercise? She looks like a damn overweight albatross. And to make you feel better, I say the same about that hack Dr Phil. His fatass who has been unfaithful has no business getting self righteous on folks about losing weight or giving marriage advice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
Laura was an educator and librarian. Made sense.

Does Michelle exactly look like she practices what she preaches (or has ever)? What the fuck makes her a qualified nutritionist or expert in exercise? She looks like a damn overweight albatross. And to make you feel better, I say the same about that hack Dr Phil. His fatass who has been unfaithful has no business getting self righteous on folks about losing weight or giving marriage advice.
Really?

What a fat cow...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
She should set up a foundation on how to teach undeserving individuals how to bilk others for millions of dollars in free vacation money!

And if the bottom half of that pic were posted, the buffalo part would be seen!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »
I don't see the issue here.

This seems to be directed at primary school aged kids which the majority are neighborhood schools.

The people that are opposed to this are grasping at straws.

Hell, you need to be mad at this dude too then...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions