Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

George Wallace's daughter: Dumb

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: George Wallace's daughter: Dumb
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 02:49:34 PM »
Discrimination is a fact of life. And I agree it's not always bad. Discriminating taste is considered a good thing in wine, music, fashion, etc. The term gets a bad rap.

Personally, I think most of us (as in humans) discriminate against classes and races--whether it's intentional or not. Racism is a different animal that gets lumped in with discrimination.

Agreed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
It's a difference in intent.  Pre-AA, the intent was exclusion/cronyism.  Post-AA, the intent is to open up opportunities where previously there were none.
The pendulum swinging too far in the opposite direction is still too far. It's cliche but 2 wrongs dont make a right. AA gives preferential treatment based off race/gender which essentially puts those who don't qualify to participant in AA in a hole and discrimination occurs in the reverse directions. I've known personally of a few cases where a black woman got a job over a more qualified white male simply because of AA/quotas/EOE. In that case, the white male was discriminated against because the decision and reason he didn't get said job was purely based off race and or gender.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:40:36 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »
The pendulum swinging too far in the opposite direction is still too far. It's cliche but 2 wrongs dont make a right. AA gives preferential treatment based off race/gender which essentially puts those who don't qualify to participant in AA in a hole and discrimination occurs in the reverse directions. I've known personally of a few cases where a black woman got a job over a more qualified white male simply because of AA/quotas/EOE. In that case, the white male was discriminated against because the decision and reason he didn't get said job was purely based off race and or gender.

Sure, in isolated, anecdotal incidents it can have a perceived negative effect.  Taking a larger view, though, your white males have many other opportunities of which to avail themselves that the black female does not.  That's the whole point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:51 PM »
Sure, in isolated, anecdotal incidents it can have a perceived negative effect.  Taking a larger view, though, your white males have many other opportunities of which to avail themselves that the black female does not.  That's the whole point.

Black females have a better shot at fucking Tarheel than I do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
Black females have a better shot at fucking Tarheel than I do.

We bonded at the Mardi Gras over our love of the Nubian princesses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 05:43:28 AM »
We bonded at the Mardi Gras over our love of the Nubian princesses.

The love that dare not speak it's name was giving Tarheel a friction rash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 08:40:24 AM »

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I expect as much from the guy who actually pondered the merits of re-introducing segregation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »
I expect as much from the guy who actually pondered the merits of re-introducing segregation.

So that's what I did.

I thought I said leave people to their own devices and don't artificially force situations to create some egghead's view of a perfect utopian society.  I thought I said let people decide who they want to work with, associate with, sell to, buy from and worship with.  I thought I said stop drawing convoluted districts to make sure that racial balance is maintained.  Less government intervention. More freedom of choice. What happens will happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 10:46:48 AM »
So that's what I did.

I thought I said ...

No, what you said was:

Should we go back to segregation?  I don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 11:42:52 AM »
No, what you said was:

I said "I don't know."

That's not advocacy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
I said "I don't know."

That's not advocacy.

Fuck's sake you're obtuse.  I didn't accuse you of "advocating". 

actually pondered the merits of re-introducing segregation.

To weigh, measure, consider...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »
fudge's sake you're obtuse.  I didn't accuse you of "advocating". 

I was arrested for pondering one time. This isn't at all what it means.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
Kaos, why are you in love with this Democrat?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
Fuck's sake you're obtuse.  I didn't accuse you of "advocating". 

No need to get personal and talk about the guy's weight problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
fudge's sake you're obtuse.  I didn't accuse you of "advocating". 

I ponder many things.  I consider pondering one of life's most important activities. 

Always consider alternative scenarios.  And then decide. 

As for segregation? Don't agree with anything forced no matter which way it goes.  Forced segregation is just as bad as forced integration in my opinion.

Has our country's academic standard improved since integration?  Have employment opportunities changed all that much?  What's the benefit of forced integration?  Is the country club a "better" place since it was forced to accept blacks, women, asians and lesbians?  Is the country stronger because the military must allow women, gays and religious zealots from the other side to join the fighting ranks? 

Just questions. 

Was forced integration the solution?  Nope.  Schools are worse off.  Communities are worse off.  The idea that the brightest and best from both sectors would inspire others became a farce.  The lower crabs pull the higher achieving ones back into the bucket. 

You CANNOT legislate tolerance, acceptance or any of those higher ideals that eggheads (who typically have very little knowledge of real world applications) dream up when creating the perfect society in their minds.

Here's an example for you.  One of my daughter's friends has parents who came here 15 years ago from Bangladesh.  The dad came here with a college degree, went back and completed an engineering degree in Boston and has been working for the same company as an engineer for the last eight or nine years.  They are quasi Muslims.  He drinks the occasional beer, cusses and doesn't pray five times a day.  They do observe other customs like not eating certain kinds of foods (difficult for spend the night hot dog and hamburger parties), not having pets, etc.  But other than a few quirks they're decent people and enjoyable company. 

They live in a small, mostly white middle classish neighborhood across the bay from Mobile.  The neighbor across the street is a state trooper.  He collects Glocks.  He erected a flagpole in his front yard from which he flies the American flag and underneath it a "Never Forget 9/11" banner.  His kids, typically shirtless and shoeless scream slurs across the street at this family.  He's been known to stand in his yard "cleaning his gun" while glaring across the street. 

The rest of the neighborhood ignores them.  Kids aren't allowed to play with theirs. 

They have to drive an hour to shop at a store that stocks food items that they can use. 

Is that the American dream? 

They are looking to move.  To move to a neighborhood that has more Muslim families and that is closer to stores that cater to their personal needs. 

Segregation?  What would you call it? 

The idiot redneck across the street would be more comfortable with a white trash family like his own living across the street.  The muslim family would be happier living near other families that share their beliefs, customs and traditions.  It's the natural way of things. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
No need to get personal and talk about the guy's weight problem.
Yeah, and he called him obtuse. Like a triangle. Who's ever seen a fat guy shaped like a triangle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
Kaos, why are you in love with this Democrat?

He'd be a Republican today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

As for segregation? Don't agree with anything forced no matter which way it goes.  Forced segregation is just as bad as forced integration in my opinion.

Was forced integration the solution?  Nope.  Schools are worse off.  Communities are worse off.  The idea that the brightest and best from both sectors would inspire others became a farce.  The lower crabs pull the higher achieving ones back into the bucket. 

Forced integration in the way that it was implemented in this country is THE single reason why our education system is failing in America today.

Not only that, but it was the plan of the left to eventually make every child a compliant government drone all equal. If you do not believe that, then you are the perfect example of what they are trying to create. Have a child that is outside the norm, either above or below, and see how that works out for you. If yu are not on top of it 24/7, they will eventually strive to move each child to a position of equality. Mainstream takes less work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:19 PM »
I ponder many things.  I consider pondering one of life's most important activities. 

Always consider alternative scenarios.  And then decide. 

Has our country's academic standard improved since integration?  Have employment opportunities changed all that much?  What's the benefit of forced integration?  Is the country club a "better" place since it was forced to accept blacks, women, asians and lesbians?  Is the country stronger because the military must allow women, gays and religious zealots from the other side to join the fighting ranks? 

Just questions. 

You CANNOT legislate tolerance, acceptance or any of those higher ideals that eggheads (who typically have very little knowledge of real world applications) dream up when creating the perfect society in their minds.

Here's an example for you.  One of my daughter's friends has parents who came here 15 years ago from Bangladesh.  The dad came here with a college degree, went back and completed an engineering degree in Boston and has been working for the same company as an engineer for the last eight or nine years.  They are quasi Muslims.  He drinks the occasional beer, cusses and doesn't pray five times a day.  They do observe other customs like not eating certain kinds of foods (difficult for spend the night hot dog and hamburger parties), not having pets, etc.  But other than a few quirks they're decent people and enjoyable company. 

They live in a small, mostly white middle classish neighborhood across the bay from Mobile.  The neighbor across the street is a state trooper.  He collects Glocks.  He erected a flagpole in his front yard from which he flies the American flag and underneath it a "Never Forget 9/11" banner.  His kids, typically shirtless and shoeless scream slurs across the street at this family.  He's been known to stand in his yard "cleaning his gun" while glaring across the street. 

The rest of the neighborhood ignores them.  Kids aren't allowed to play with theirs. 

They have to drive an hour to shop at a store that stocks food items that they can use. 

Is that the American dream? 

They are looking to move.  To move to a neighborhood that has more Muslim families and that is closer to stores that cater to their personal needs. 

Segregation?  What would you call it? 

The idiot redneck across the street would be more comfortable with a white trash family like his own living across the street.  The muslim family would be happier living near other families that share their beliefs, customs and traditions.  It's the natural way of things.

tl;don't care

If your pondering of the segregation issue leaves you with "I don't know" as your answer, then the rest of this is just self-serving blather.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:06:16 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions