Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

George Wallace's daughter: Dumb

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: George Wallace's daughter: Dumb
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 09:02:36 PM »
Judas...there is no way to discuss this with you.  Really?

No.  Not when you take two completely different concepts, cut out the entire middle and mash them together as if one is the answer to the other. 

Society.  Is society better off? 

About 5% of the country is on government assistance.  Of that 5% nearly half have been on it at least two years and 20% more than five. 

Lyndon Johnson's idiot ass declared a "war on poverty" in 1964 that dovetailed with the Civil Rights movement. 

In 1964 the "poverty rate" was 18% and steadily declining. 
Introduce government assistance.
Today the "poverty rate" is 16% and steadily climbing.

Obama increased federal welfare spending by 41% since he took office.  To what effect?  More and more people swearing fealty to the government instead of finding the way out. 

I don't believe in forced anything.  I don't believe the government has the right to tell me to whom I can rent my house.  If I elect not to rent it to Muslims, lesbians or vegetarians that should be my prerogative. It's MY house, I bought it. 

If I buy the land to start a golf club and think I can survive economically by limiting membership to Auburn fans then that should be my right.  I shouldn't be forced or shamed into allowing LSU fans to play there if I don't want them.   

Should we go back to segregation?  I don't know.  If you leave people alone and don't force them to do things that's what will naturally occur for the most part.  It's what people choose when given the choice without fear.  People tend go gather on the basis of similar likes and dislikes, similar cultural references, similar religious practices and similar economic standing -- when left to their own devices. 

I don't like artificially jamming round pegs in square holes because the benevolent government thinks its best for me. 

I don't like an entire layer of society feeding from the government teat and being herded along like sheep. At some point, and maybe it won't be in our lifetime somebody like Obama is going to decide that he's too important to follow the two-term rule.  When that happens there will be enough hogs slopping at the government trough that the opposition will be trampled.  And then it will all come crashing down.   

I think this country is going to hell in a hurry and those who are driving that hell-bound train do so on the tracks of class warfare -- which in this country is best identified by race. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:26 PM »
So what you are saying is that if George Wallace hadn't stood in that doorway, riots and murder would have probably broke out all over UAT's campus and the angry mob might of burnt that shithole to the ground???

FUCK GEORGE WALLACE!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 09:04:25 PM »
So what you are saying is that if George Wallace hadn't stood in that doorway, riots and murder would have probably broke out all over UAT's campus and the angry mob might of burnt that shoothole to the ground???

fudge GEORGE WALLACE!!

Point taken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 09:06:42 PM »
I have the solution that everyone can accept:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 09:08:37 PM »
Yeah.  After two terms of this.

I have both of these in my personal collection.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:14:37 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »

He's not wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »

Good point made that I forgot.  Wallace ran as a moderate in 1958. Endorsed by the NAACP.  Lost to a klansman Patterson. Had to do what he had to do.

How could he govern if he could not get elected?  He followed the will of the people.

95% of what he did was positive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »

He's not wrong.

I forgot what an eloquent speaker he was.

I wonder how he would fare in today's politics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
I forgot what an eloquent speaker he was.

I wonder how he would fare in today's politics.

I know nobody here will bother, but the Larry King interview (44 minutes) is really good. 

It shows you how idiotic and stupid Jesse Jackson really is.  And you hear the things Wallace said in 1968 that illustrate what he was really about.

We need a George Wallace today.  One of him and 100000 less Obamas, Jesses, Pelosis and their ilk. 

I can tell you without hesitation or trepidation that if George Wallace rose from the grave today not only would I vote for him for President, but I would dedicate as much of my financial and personal support as I could to do my part to get him elected.   I'd take a two-year leave of absence from my job to work for and with him and consider it an honor.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:06:15 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »
I know nobody here will bother, but the Larry King interview (44 minutes) is really good. 

It shows you how idiotic and stupid Jesse Jackson really is.  And you hear the things Wallace said in 1968 that illustrate what he was really about.

We need a George Wallace today.  One of him and 100000 less Obamas, Jesses, Pelosis and their ilk. 

I can tell you without hesitation or trepidation that if George Wallace rose from the grave today not only would I vote for him for President, but I would dedicate as much of my financial and personal support as I could to do my part to get him elected.   I'd take a two-year leave of absence from my job to work for and with him and consider it an honor.
I feel this way too. GW is one of my heroes. Jr. is a great guy too. I believe that the people who call Gov. Wallace a racist do not know the whole story. The loss to Patterson explains a lot of that story. He was a masterful politician. He did what he had to do in order to be elected. He made admitted mistakes and asked for forgiveness. A great leader and a great man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
Hell I haven't seen this much George Wallace love since the last Klan rally I attended.  :awesome:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »
Judas...there is no way to discuss this with you.  Really?

I hope you will at least be consistent and put Obama, Farakhan, Malcolm X, LBJ and any other person who intended to separate in the same pot as you do Wallace. Ammarite?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
I hope you will at least be consistent and put Obama, Farakhan, Malcolm X, LBJ and any other person who intended to separate in the same pot as you do Wallace. Ammarite?

I'll give you Farrakhan and X...but you'll have to flesh out those others a bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
I'll give you Farrakhan and X...but you'll have to flesh out those others a bit.
I say Obama and LBJ because of affirmative action and wealth redistribution. That's essentially reverse discrimination and I definitely think theres an argument there. But yeah Farakhan and X spent their lives preaching supremacy and separatism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »
I say Obama and LBJ because of affirmative action

If anything, that's the exact opposite of segregation.  It's a program designed to ameliorate the effects of a history of segregationist/discriminatory behavior.

"Wealth Redistribution" you're going to have to expound on further before I can respond.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »
If anything, that's the exact opposite of segregation. It's a program designed to ameliorate the effects of a history of segregationist/discriminatory behavior.

"Wealth Redistribution" you're going to have to expound on further before I can respond.
Sure it is, which created more discrimination in the process of trying to put spilled milk back into the glass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
Sure it is, which created more discrimination in the process of trying to put spilled milk back into the glass.

It's a difference in intent.  Pre-AA, the intent was exclusion/cronyism.  Post-AA, the intent is to open up opportunities where previously there were none.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 02:35:36 PM »
It's a difference in intent.  Pre-AA, the intent was exclusion/cronyism.  Post-AA, the intent is to open up opportunities where previously there were none.
I don't dispute the intent. But the reality is that it's simply more discrimination, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
I don't dispute the intent. But the reality is that it's simply more discrimination, imo.

Sure, but discrimination isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It's a word that comes with a lot of baggage, unfortunately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 02:48:04 PM »
Sure, but discrimination isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It's a word that comes with a lot of baggage, unfortunately.
Discrimination is a fact of life. And I agree it's not always bad. Discriminating taste is considered a good thing in wine, music, fashion, etc. The term gets a bad rap.

Personally, I think most of us (as in humans) discriminate against classes and races--whether it's intentional or not. Racism is a different animal that gets lumped in with discrimination.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions