funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Hello Mr. 1%
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
What is wealth?  It's not just dollar amounts. 

This is a difficult subject for me.  Obviously, the top 1% doesn't need to be that far ahead, but the idea of forcing people to give up their wealth doesn't sit well with me. 

For example, the Walton family.  Billionaires.  Multiple billionaires.  Do they really need that much money?  No.  But I'll be damned if I'm going to watch the government come in and steal it from them so that their money can pay for poorly planned programs that don't actually alleviate problems in the country.  To combat those 1%ers, you have to stop buying products from Wal-Mart.

And that's the real problem.  The 99% loathes the 1%, but the 99% continually does everything it can to keep them wealthy.  Support mom and pop stores.  Be more self-sufficient.  Stop insisting on everything being convenient.  Work harder.  Have goals.  Have perseverance.  Nothing is forcing the 1% to stay that rich in a capitalistic society.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »

This is a difficult subject for me.  Obviously, the top 1% doesn't need to be that far ahead, but the idea of forcing people to give up their wealth doesn't sit well with me. 

For example, the Walton family.  Billionaires.  Multiple billionaires.  Do they really need that much money?  No.  But I'll be damned if I'm going to watch the government come in and steal it from them so that their money can pay for poorly planned programs that don't actually alleviate problems in the country.  To combat those 1%ers, you have to stop buying products from Wal-Mart.

And that's the real problem.  The 99% loathes the 1%, but the 99% continually does everything it can to keep them wealthy.  Support mom and pop stores.  Be more self-sufficient.  Stop insisting on everything being convenient.  Work harder.  Have goals.  Have perseverance.  Nothing is forcing the 1% to stay that rich in a capitalistic society.

Bullshit.......Bush is to blame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »

Surley you jest?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
I thought the Waltons were barely getting by.  They all lived in that one house, including Grandpa and Grandma.  I guess they paid the bills with that saw mill but I got the impression times were pretty tough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:21:51 AM »
I thought the Waltons were barely getting by.  They all lived in that one house, including Grandpa and Grandma.  I guess they paid the bills with that saw mill but I got the impression times were pretty tough.

Everyone knows that the Baldwin sisters were the monied individuals with their distilling operation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »

Bullshit. When the shit hits the fan, we will roast their thieving asses over a fire (including those rich cocksuckers in DC) and feed them to the dogs. Don't think for a one minute that they got that rich without stealing.

To fully appreciate the social impact of the fast-deepening income inequality, it needs to be seen alongside the equally fast-deepening wealth inequality in the US. If citizens here possess any appreciable wealth, it takes the form of their homes. US housing prices have fallen through the crisis (since 2007). Over the same time, the rising use of home equity as collateral for loans has cut the portion of home values owned by occupiers, while raising the portion owed to banks. The combination of falling home prices and falling owners' equity in those homes yields another massive upward redistribution of wealth. That is because stock markets "recovered" – thanks to massive infusions of government money into financial institutions. Wealth in the form of stocks and bonds thus rose relative to wealth in the form of home ownership. Stock and bond ownership is highly concentrated in the US, much more so than home values. The result is deepening inequality of wealth distribution alongside greater income inequality.

The claims and promises of US capitalism to be an engine that builds and sustains a vast "middle class" and that constantly "delivers the goods" seem more hollow today than ever. Questions, criticisms and opposition bubble up across the country. The CBO report reflects, as well as documents, the underlying economic realities. However inadvertently, it thereby supports the rising tide of protest.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/oct/26/how-1-got-richer-99-poorer

FUCK THEM IN THE ASS!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:54:31 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
Mind-numbingly stupid   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »

Yep...but what do you do about it?

I damn sure don't trust the government to touch it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »

What exactly do you mean Snaggle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
JFK never landed on the moon and the moon's death was faked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »
What exactly do you mean Snaggle?

I've started and stopped on a rant 3 times.  Better left alone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »
JFK never landed on the moon and the moon's death was faked.

So, the Germans never bombed Pearl Harbor either?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »

Your belief that shit got this way due to the average man's laziness and that he needs to just put his head down and work harder, is absolutely hysterical. There is noway in hell that 1% of the poulation should have 40% of this countries money and control 50% of its stock market. No fucking way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
Your belief that shit got this way due to the average man's laziness and that he needs to just put his head down and work harder, is absolutely hysterical. There is noway in hell that 1% of the poulation should have 40% of this countries money and control 50% of its stock market. No fucking way.
When did I say that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »
Right here? Atleast that what it seemed to imply to me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »
I gotta a big BBQ pit for 1%ers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 10:47:29 PM »
Right here? Atleast that what it seemed to imply to me.

I don't mean it that way.  I do think a lot of the 99% supports the 1% despite their protests.  That's all I meant.

You can do a number on the 1% if you refuse to buy their products or do business with them.  It would make life really hard and a pain in the ass, but that was also my point.  Our country doesn't really want to see what would happen if the 1% lost their wealth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
What is your definition of the 1%?  Who, in your opinion, falls in that category?  Is there a specific number for someone's income that puts them there?  $$250K?  $500K  $1,000,000.00?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions