Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
Saw an old picture of Matheny yesterday catching for STL sometime late 90s or a little after. The pitcher he was talking to in the pic? Daryl Kile. Had forgotten he died. 33 years old. Dead. Heart attack. Crazy.

Cocaine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »
I guess things could be worse.  We could be Cub or Astro fans. 

Buried this in the middle where you didn't think I would see it, eh?  Well, guess what you just earned yourself, buddy?

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK.

Pfft!  I love seeing my boys win 65-75 LOSE 100+ games a year...

Adjusted to fit my reality. 

FML.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
Buried this in the middle where you didn't think I would see it, eh?  Well, guess what you just earned yourself, buddy?

FML.

Did you know your stadium has a hill in center field? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #324 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:35 PM »

FML.

I love it when you talk dirty
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »

They also have a bar out behind centerfield, where they will let you open a tab, and they don't shut down until one hour after the last out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »
They also have a bar out behind centerfield, where they will let you open a tab, and they don't shut down until one hour after the last out.

Not a Dram Shop Act case begging to be filed or anything like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »

Did you know you have no mah-buhls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2013, 05:10:07 PM »
Did you know you have no mah-buhls?

Did you know my middle name is Lipton?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
David Freese.  From MVP to WTF.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
BoSox in 6.  Woot!!!   #winning

The Sox got the timely hits early while the Cards had several chances to get right back in it but couldn't get any 2 out hits with RISP.  Loved the beards for a season.  Now it's time to break out the hedge trimmers and shear that shit off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
Worst hitting in a Ws Ever?

Cards hit about .200. Bosox hit like .183 without Papi.

Tha fuck??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »
Worst hitting in a Ws Ever?

Cards hit about .200. Bosox hit like .183 without Papi.

Tha fuck??

6-9 hitters on the cards were giving away outs.  David Freese was just horrible with runners on the bases.  WE!!! is pissed that Freese didn't have this post season in 2011.

Even though the scores don't indicate good pitching by the Cards, you hold a team to sub .200 batting, you're doing something ok.  Just timely hitting by the Red Sox, tip your cap, and move on. 

With the Cards having starters Waino, Lynn, Garcia, Kelly, Miller, and Wacha under contract for the next few years, and Tyler Lyons, Trevor Rosenthal and Carlos Martinez (bullpen guys this post season) who are being groomed as starters, I expect one of them to be traded (Lynn or Miller) for either a SS or a 3B (maybe bundle in Freese or Jay).  Cards have one of the better outfields in the minors, Oscar Taveras, so I think Jay is gone for sure (can move Craig to LF, play Adams at 1B). 

I think the future is bright, and we should be contending for NL Central Titles the next few years.

Again, Sox were the better team these past 3 weeks, and it showed.  You tip your hat, say congrats, and get ready for spring training.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
6-9 hitters on the cards were giving away outs.  David Freese was just horrible with runners on the bases.  WE!!! is pissed that Freese didn't have this post season in 2011.

Even though the scores don't indicate good pitching by the Cards, you hold a team to sub .200 batting, you're doing something ok.  Just timely hitting by the Red Sox, tip your cap, and move on. 

With the Cards having starters Waino, Lynn, Garcia, Kelly, Miller, and Wacha under contract for the next few years, and Tyler Lyons, Trevor Rosenthal and Carlos Martinez (bullpen guys this post season) who are being groomed as starters, I expect one of them to be traded (Lynn or Miller) for either a SS or a 3B (maybe bundle in Freese or Jay).  Cards have one of the better outfields in the minors, Oscar Taveras, so I think Jay is gone for sure (can move Craig to LF, play Adams at 1B). 

I think the future is bright, and we should be contending for NL Central Titles the next few years.

Again, Sox were the better team these past 3 weeks, and it showed.  You tip your hat, say congrats, and get ready for spring training.

I said the whole season until I see otherwise the cards were the team to beat. Up and down the roster the cards look to be a better overall team. Sox just got hot. Or should I say, their starting pitching and ONE of their hitters got hot. Papi hit .688 for the WS and seems to have increased his bat speed at age 37...wtf?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
I said the whole season until I see otherwise the cards were the team to beat. Up and down the roster the cards look to be a better overall team. Sox just got hot. Or should I say, their starting pitching and ONE of their hitters got hot. Papi hit .688 for the WS and seems to have increased his bat speed at age 37...wtf?

The Papi Juice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »

That's the great thing about baseball, once you get into the post season, anything can happen.  Completely different series if the cards batted just .250 with RISP.  But give credit to the Sox pitchers, they had it, and we didn't.

And I wonder if the same thought that were going through my head when Papi came up were the same thoughts that went through all of baseball when Pujols of 2001-2011 came up to bat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
That's the great thing about baseball, once you get into the post season, anything can happen.  Completely different series if the cards batted just .250 with RISP.  But give credit to the Sox pitchers, they had it, and we didn't.

And I wonder if the same thought that were going through my head when Papi came up were the same thoughts that went through all of baseball when Pujols of 2001-2011 came up to bat.

That he has a nice ass?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »
That he has a nice ass?

Is VV a lawyer that cares, now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2013, 08:03:14 AM »
But aside from the Yankees/Joe Torre, which manager won multiple world series titles during the span that Cox was at Atlanta?  Gaston in Toronto and Francona in Boston are the only 2 that come to mind.

No shame at all in winning "only one" world series.  Other NL teams were flat out jealous of the Braves success.  No question about it.

What other manager was in the playoffs pretty much every year?  On paper, based just on sheer talent, Atlanta should have won four or five titles. 

I'm glad I saw the Braves win one.  Not spoiled or ungrateful.  But at the same time, losing in the post-season year after year after year to upstart teams that usually just dropped off the radar the next season was pretty frustrating. 

Padres?  Really?  Was in the playoffs for only the second time in history.  And you lose to that team? 

Cox was a great regular season manager, but he never seemed to make the right moves or motivate the team in the post-season.  So much talent. So little to show for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »
Padres?  Really?

Anti Immigrant racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions