Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
Ah well, it was a good season.  Congrats, Ranger!

:violin: :violin: :violin:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:06 PM »
:violin: :violin: :violin:

We've won as many in the World Series as the Astros won the last two months of the season, so that's saying something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2013, 11:25:05 PM »
We've won as many in the World Series as the Astros won the last two months of the season, so that's saying something.

:blah: :blah: :blah:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2013, 11:36:14 PM »
:blah: :blah: :blah:

It's hard to talk trash to you about the Astros, because your really give zero fucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #304 on: October 29, 2013, 07:07:51 AM »
It's hard to talk trash to you about the Astros, because your really give zero fucks.

She does like the Texans though so there's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:14 AM »

“The 'not-giving-a-fuck' meter is as far into the red-zone as ever before." (Lars Ulrich)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »
She does like the Texans though so there's that.

Fuck you, you fucking fuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
Anyone see the ESPN special on the BoSox 4 game comeback against the Yankmees in 04'?  It was on last night.  May have been on before but I'd never seen it.  You don't have to be a Boston fan to get into it.  Totally different perspective.  A lot of scenes you would never normally see.  This was the series where Schilling had blood on his sock and a lot of people claimed it was fake.  I had never seen any footage of Schilling's ankle but they showed it last night and it was unreal that the guy threw any pitches, much less 100 in an ALCS. 

Anyway, whether it was Boston, Atlanta, St. Louis...whoever.  It was cool watching the Yankees go up 3-0 in a series and then get swept out of the series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »
Anyone see the ESPN special on the BoSox 4 game comeback against the Yankmees in 04'?  It was on last night.  May have been on before but I'd never seen it.  You don't have to be a Boston fan to get into it.  Totally different perspective.  A lot of scenes you would never normally see.  This was the series where Schilling had blood on his sock and a lot of people claimed it was fake.  I had never seen any footage of Schilling's ankle but they showed it last night and it was unreal that the guy threw any pitches, much less 100 in an ALCS. 

Anyway, whether it was Boston, Atlanta, St. Louis...whoever.  It was cool watching the Yankees go up 3-0 in a series and then get swept out of the series.

And the riot that ensued from arod getting caught cheating with that fag move slapping the ball out of the glove to avoid a tag. They went ballistic. Did you really want to win the game like that? Yes they did. That's sad.

The Connors one after it was pretty good too. Gotta love Connors and Johnny Mc. Cocky sumbitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #310 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »
And the riot that ensued from arod getting caught cheating with that fag move slapping the ball out of the glove to avoid a tag. They went ballistic. Did you really want to win the game like that? Yes they did. That's sad.

The Connors one after it was pretty good too. Gotta love Connors and Johnny Mc. Cocky sumbitches.

Ed Zachary.  I was glad to see the umps get that one right.  And then see Arod plead his case and motioning like, "I was just running...my arm came up and hit his glove while I was running".  Dumbass. 

Another one that I've watched a couple of times is the documentary on Steve Bartman in the Cubs/Marlins series.  It's amazing that nobody wants to admit that the game was lost on the very next swing that sent a routine grounder to the SS that he flat out dropped.  Instead, they want to blame Bartman for not allowing Alou a chance at what may or may not have been a great catch at the wall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #311 on: October 30, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »

My favorite MLB teams are Atlanta, Boston, Oakland and whoever is playing the Yankees.

2004 was a great, great year for me.  Had started my own business, sold our first big contract and was busier than I ever imagined I would be. 

Auburn went undefeated and should have played for the NC.

Braves won the division and then, per usual tanked in the playoffs.  Lost to the Ass-throws of all teams.  People hail Bobby Cox but I just have to say this..

The guy had Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux. Avery was there. Hudson was there.  He had Chipper Jones. He had Furcal and Andruw Jones. He had McCann. He had Javy and Sheffield. He had Big Cat. He had Pena. He had Klesko.  McGriff, Lofton, Lemke. You could have made a quality All Star team from "former Braves" for years.  He had amazing talent and what did he do in the postseason? 

Seriously.

Regular Season wins and post-season result:
1991: 94 lost WS to Twins 4-3
1992: 98 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
1993: 104 Lost NLC to Phillies 4-2
1994: 68 No Playoffs (strike year?)
1995: 90 Won WS over Indians 4-2
1996: 96 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2
1997: 101 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
1998: 106 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
1999: 103 Swept 4-0 in WS by Yankees
2000: 95 swept 3-0 by Cards in NLDS
2001: 88 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
2002: 101 Lost NLDS to Giants 3-2
2003: 101 Lost NLDS to Cubs 3-2
2004: 96 Lost NLDS to Astros 3-2
2005: 90 Lost NLDS to Astros 4-1
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009: No postseason
2010: 91 Lost NDLS to Giants
2011: Garcia takes over and has continued the trend of SUCKING in the playoffs.

I have now decided that Cox is vastly overrated.  Had amazing talent and could pile up regular season wins, but when it came playoff time was consistently outcoached by LaRussa, Leyland and every other jackhole in the business.

It's like giving Sonny Smith love for being a great coach at AU.  I could have coached a team with Barkley, Person, Lockhart and Morris and made the NCAA Tournament. Just roll the freaking ball out there.

Anyway, forget Cox and all the squandered opportunity for dynasty I now plainly see. Back to 2004.

The Red Sox.  I hate the Yankees almost as much as I hate Alabama and became a Sox fan when I was a kid just because they hated the Yankees too.  1918 and 1957 are the same to me, basically.  Same taunts, same entitled asses making them.

2004 was special. Ortiz, Manny, Varitek, Pedro, Schilling... Essentially Nick, Cam, Darvin, Onterrio and Dyer (or in 2004 Ronnie, Carnell, Carlos, Jason and Courtney/Ben/Devin) in my mind. 

I was staying in Montgomery and woke up an entire hotel floor the night  Ortiz hit the 12th inning homer. 

What was I talking about again? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
Hard to not like Ortiz, as bad as he's kicked our ass in the WS.

Like I've said before, I'm happy to be in the WS, glad that the young arms are getting experience, and aside from Game 1, I've been happy with the pitching, Sox will get their runs.  Baffled at some of Matheny's moves, why bring in a lefty to face Gomes in game 4 when we all know he'll chase heat.  Could have left Lynn in.

But holy shit, we have our work cut out for us in the off season.  Need a 3B, a SS, and a CF.  You get below Molina, and Cards are just giving away outs.  I hope we trade Freese to the Cubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
I have now decided that Cox is vastly overrated.  Had amazing talent and could pile up regular season wins, but when it came playoff time was consistently outcoached by LaRussa, Leyland and every other jackhole in the business.

Only faced St Louis/LaRussa twice.  1996, where the Cards were up 3-1 in the NLCS, and Atlanta came back to win in 7 and then in 2000, where St Louis swept.  I think he more than held his own against TLR.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2013, 12:04:08 PM »
What Kaos said right there.  Except the part about staying in Montgomery.  I was never a fan of the Cox.  Except that one night in Biloxi when I got drunk and....but I digress.  The stats speak for themselves.  You don't make the playoffs that many times, only to fizzle fo schnizzle 16 out of 17 times.  Talent out the ass for years but they went about their business...like a business.  While every team in the other dugout was on the top step wearing rally caps.  If Cox wasn't caught on camera in the dugout with his thumb 3 inches up his nose, trying to pull out a nugget, he was waddling out to home plate to get thrown out of the game. 

I'm going to give Freddie a pass for a little longer.  Two things need to happen.  They need to hire a new hitting coach.  Have no idea how they ran away with the division with so many guys hitting like shit all year.  Most importantly, get off the damn pocket book and buy some starting pitching.  The rotation they went into the playoffs with was putrid.  About the best ATL could roll out there was Kris Medlen while the Dodgers sent Clayton Kershaw to the bump twice.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »
Most importantly, get off the damn pocket book and buy some starting pitching. 

Welcome to Baltimore folks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
You don't make the playoffs that many times, only to fizzle fo schnizzle 16 out of 17 times.

But aside from the Yankees/Joe Torre, which manager won multiple world series titles during the span that Cox was at Atlanta?  Gaston in Toronto and Francona in Boston are the only 2 that come to mind.

No shame at all in winning "only one" world series.  Other NL teams were flat out jealous of the Braves success.  No question about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2013, 02:19:57 PM »
Hard to not like Ortiz, as bad as he's kicked our ass in the WS.

Like I've said before, I'm happy to be in the WS, glad that the young arms are getting experience, and aside from Game 1, I've been happy with the pitching, Sox will get their runs.  Baffled at some of Matheny's moves, why bring in a lefty to face Gomes in game 4 when we all know he'll chase heat.  Could have left Lynn in.

But holy shit, we have our work cut out for us in the off season.  Need a 3B, a SS, and a CF.  You get below Molina, and Cards are just giving away outs.  I hope we trade Freese to the Cubs.

Saw an old picture of Matheny yesterday catching for STL sometime late 90s or a little after. The pitcher he was talking to in the pic? Daryl Kile. Had forgotten he died. 33 years old. Dead. Heart attack. Crazy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
But aside from the Yankees/Joe Torre, which manager won multiple world series titles during the span that Cox was at Atlanta?  Gaston in Toronto and Francona in Boston are the only 2 that come to mind.

No shame at all in winning "only one" world series.  Other NL teams were flat out jealous of the Braves success.  No question about it.

Your facts and logic have no place here.  Be gone!!!  I think the thing for us Bravo fans has always been kind a "So what, they're just going to bow out in the playoffs".  And you have to admit, 16 times out of 17 gets pretty damn old.  I guess things could be worse.  We could be Cub or Astro fans.  But as crazy as this sounds, it's hard to get excited about the regular season knowing the odds are heavily (Probably 127:1 or 15/6ths) stacked against you doing anything in the playoffs.  In all seriousness, is it better to be a Cub fan and hope this is the year you put it together and make a run at the playoffs, or realize that no matter what happens, your 1st round opponent is going to crush your hopes.  The Braves played L.A. this year.  I didn't watch 2 innings of the entire series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
Other NL teams were flat out jealous of the Braves success.  No question about it.

Pfft!  I love seeing my boys win 65-75 games a year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.