Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Braves headed out of Atlanta

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Braves headed out of Atlanta
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »
This is insane.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20131111&content_id=63830416&c_id=atl

The Braves announced on Monday that they are planning to build a state-of-the-art ballpark that will open in Cobb County, about 14 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta, in time for the start of the 2017 season. The proposed stadium will be located on the northwest corner of the I-75 and I-285 intersection.

"We believe the new stadium location is easy to access while also giving our fans a first-rate game day experience in and around the ballpark and making it a 365-day-a-year destination," Braves president John Schuerholz said.

The Braves informed the city of Atlanta late last week they would move from Turner Field when their 20-year lease on Turner Field expires at the end of 2016. Club officials are scheduled to meet with Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal on Monday to detail their plans.

Turner Field is less than 20 years old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Braves headed out of Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
Upset about parking, lighting and seats.....build a smaller stadium brilliant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
Getting out of downtown. The people with the money, you know, the ones who buy tickets. Well they are tired of going down into the pits of hell to see a ballgame. I seldom go any more just for that reason. The area they are moving to has much more to do and it is a safer area. You have the Galleria mall close and you have a lot of things on 41 to do. And with the new stadium, even more new things will line both sides of 41. Will traffic be better? Not sure. That area is easy to get to, but not a lot of streets once you get there. But the pan-handling crowd will probably be a bit different.

But don't fret, this will probably get blocked due to discrimination...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »
When we lived in the outskirts of ATL we never went to Braves games, just a huge pain in the ass.  Traffic was abysmal, the public transportation to get there sucked ass, and all the one way streets made getting turned around and in a bad neighbor hood really easy.  The location they are talking about putting the field in is great, except for an even worse public transportation system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »
When we lived in the outskirts of ATL we never went to Braves games, just a huge pain in the ass.  Traffic was abysmal, the public transportation to get there sucked ass, and all the one way streets made getting turned around and in a bad neighbor hood really easy.  The location they are talking about putting the field in is great, except for an even worse public transportation system.

That may be, but it was determined that most Braves fans do not use or want to use public transportation.

I am just wondering how they are going to make all lanes of Cobb Pkwy be a one-way street after the gam. LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »
The Braves are headed out of Atlanta, and Huddy is too. Although I can't stand the Braves, it'll be odd seeing Hudson pitching for the Giants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."