Nunez

Cano

Youkalis

V. Wells

Francisco

Suzuki

Nix

Overbay

What a difference a year makes.  No Jeter, A-Rod, Texiera etc.  I hope they lose 100.

Granderson is out too.  I would love to see them lose so bad to start this season that there is no way they can get back in it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »
Season getting cranked up. Can't complain about the Braves leading the Majors with an 8-1 record.  No offense to the Buzzer but 6 of those wins have come against the Cubs and  1-8 Marlins. On the road this weekend to the Nationals should be the real test.  Two things.  The pitching has just been the titz to this point.  Easily the biggest reason for the record.  The Braves are getting scoring some runs and seem to get right at double digit hits each night, but the encouraging thing is where it's coming from.  They have this record with Brian McCann out. (Gattis is kicking ass)  Freddie Freeman has been out the last few games.  Andrelton Simmons missed some time with an injury.  BJ Upton is batting .103 and Jason Heyward...  .071. 

Would love to see what they can do with everyone back in the line up and clicking. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
Season getting cranked up. Can't complain about the Braves leading the Majors with an 8-1 record.  No offense to the Buzzer but 6 of those wins have come against the Cubs and  1-8 Marlins. On the road this weekend to the Nationals should be the real test.  Two things.  The pitching has just been the titz to this point.  Easily the biggest reason for the record.  The Braves are getting scoring some runs and seem to get right at double digit hits each night, but the encouraging thing is where it's coming from.  They have this record with Brian McCann out. (Gattis is kicking ass)  Freddie Freeman has been out the last few games.  Andrelton Simmons missed some time with an injury.  BJ Upton is batting .103 and Jason Heyward...  .071. 

Would love to see what they can do with everyone back in the line up and clicking.

My question is, what do we do with Gattis?  You can't sit him until he cools off. What if, when McCann returns, Gattis has double digit home runs and I still batting .300?

Nice problem to have.  And I'm a little concerned with how they handled the Freeman injury.  We need to keep him long term.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »
Season getting cranked up. Can't complain about the Braves leading the Majors with an 8-1 record. 

To Snaggie and Token:

Fuck you.  Fuck you.  Oh, and fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »
My question is, what do we do with Gattis?  You can't sit him until he cools off. What if, when McCann returns, Gattis has double digit home runs and I still batting .300?

Nice problem to have.  And I'm a little concerned with how they handled the Freeman injury.  We need to keep him long term.

I like McCann a lot and think he's dropped off a good bit the last 2-3 seasons because of a variety of injuries.  I think the guy has several All Star caliber years ahead IF he gets 100% healthy.  All reports I've heard are that he's ready to do that.  But initially, I'd like to see them alternate the two against lefties and righties.  Gattis is a RH batter so play him against LH pitching initially and McCann against righties until they get a feel for whether McCann is back 100%.  Just my take...but they're not paying me a million+ to manage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 10:37:56 AM »
Season getting cranked up. Can't complain about the Braves leading the Majors with an 8-1 record.  No offense to the Buzzer but 6 of those wins have come against the Cubs and  1-8 Marlins.

I really don't understand...I mean, with a lineup including the likes of um, that DeJesus guy's kid and Alfonso AARP Soriano how can you be down on the Cubs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 11:17:26 AM »
I really don't understand...I mean, with a lineup including the likes of um, that DeJesus guy's kid and Alfonso AARP Soriano how can you be down on the Cubs?

What?   :tongue:  Did you say something?   :thumsup:  I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.   :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 12:02:56 PM »
What?   :tongue:  Did you say something?   :thumsup:  I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.   :tits:

Dude...my eyes are up here!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 03:15:19 PM »
To Snaggie and Token:

Fuck you.  Fuck you.  Oh, and fuck you.

Snicker...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 11:39:51 PM »
How about them mothafuckin Braves?  And Pena's homerun in the 10th?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »
Please to be reading the title of this thread...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
How about them mothafuckin Braves?  And Pena's homerun in the 10th?

Or how about Gattis hitting a chin high 100 mph fastball about 415 ft?  A series win against the Nationals is all I asked for, but a sweep would be fantastic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »

It blows my mind.  I know it won't last, but how is it possible?  Dude almost hit another one out on Gio Gonzalez in his first AB.  RBI double off the wall.  And a RBI sac fly later in the game.  He is hitting like a seasoned vet. 

Bryan McCann played second base through high school.  I'd say its about time to see how he plays third base. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention the sweep against the Nats. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »
Fuck our bullpen.  Fuck them all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »
Fuck our bullpen.  Fuck them all.

Did they give up a game tying HR in the top of the 9th, then balk in the go ahead run in the 10th?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention the sweep against the Nats.
:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »
Did they give up a game tying HR in the top of the 9th, then balk in the go ahead run in the 10th?

Surely that was a typo and you meant walk.  Because, how do you balk in a winning run? 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:31:31 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2013, 10:56:29 PM »
Surely that was a typo and you meant walk.  Because, how do you balk in a winning run?

Nope...balk. They scored two more for argurment's sake anyway, but it was a bases loaded balk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions