Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Game of Thrones

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2019, 09:20:27 AM »
And just like that, it goes down in flames.  

Dracarys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »
shark jump a palooza
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »
shark jump a palooza
Very clumsily handled.  Bears no relation to last five seasons.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2019, 09:56:21 AM »
Very clumsily handled.  Bears no relation to last five seasons. 
Something, something about there not being any more books for inspiration...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »
And just like that, it goes down in flames. 

Dracarys.
:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2019, 10:07:52 AM »
Something, something about there not being any more books for inspiration...
Visually, the episode was stunning.  At least it had that over the long, dark (dark, dark, dark) night -- which was the most disappointing episode ever and clear evidence of just how turd-baked this rush to the end was going to be.  

Unfortunately every other decision other than the visuals in this episode was poorly made.  It's not what long-time fans of this series wanted or deserved.  Ignominious, ignoble ends for major characters.  Everything was contrived and the motives all suspect. 

Quite frankly, who gives a rat's chapped ass about Euron Greyjoy.  Couldn't we have just left him alone?  

Also? Where is Bran and his vision?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2019, 10:23:14 AM »
Visually, the episode was stunning.  At least it had that over the long, dark (dark, dark, dark) night -- which was the most disappointing episode ever and clear evidence of just how turd-baked this rush to the end was going to be. 

Unfortunately every other decision other than the visuals in this episode was poorly made.  It's not what long-time fans of this series wanted or deserved.  Ignominious, ignoble ends for major characters.  Everything was contrived and the motives all suspect. 

Quite frankly, who gives a rat's chapped ass about Euron Greyjoy.  Couldn't we have just left him alone?  

Also? Where is Bran and his vision?  
It's wild to think both episodes were directed by the same person. I contend Michael Bay was brought in during post-production and editing for episode 5.

Euron is the General Grievous of Game of Thrones. 

Bran might as well be a haunted painting on the wall at the house from The Ghost & Mr. Chicken. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
I'm loving all the 2016 memes comparing Hillary to Dani.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »
Is it me, or is it a huge let down that Cersei just died with her brother under the city. No one got to watch her burn or die or agonize or nothing. What a waste...

Now what happens? Dany and Jon fight for the throne? Who cares...there is nothing left. What about Winterfell?

This last Season has been disappointing to say the least...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2019, 10:51:59 AM »
Is it me, or is it a huge let down that Cersei just died with her brother under the city. No one got to watch her burn or die or agonize or nothing. What a waste...

Now what happens? Dany and Jon fight for the throne? Who cares...there is nothing left. What about Winterfell?

Agreed.

I think Arya kills Dani though.  And Jon goes back north of the wall.  Sansa or Bran on the throne (although I think Bran would pass on it).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »

The death of the Night King and Cersei are both extremely disappointing.  

One could make the case that what happened mirrors reality more so than the dramatic ending we expected.  Hitler shot himself in a bunker.  Sadaam hid in a hole and looked like a bum.  Pol Pot, Stalin, Genghis, Idi Amin, Nero, Gadaffi, Mussolini... none of them died dramatic and deserved deaths.  Well, maybe Mussolini did.   

There are so many things I hate about these last episodes: 

1) The Jamie turn.  Eight seasons of character development trashed because he decided banging a big woman wasn't worth the effort. What's the lesson there?  A leopard is always a leopard? People can't learn honor? 

2) Samwell's arc.  All that crap about him being a maester and learning stuff and every single bit of it was apparently so Gilly could figure out who Jon's mother was.  His story is over and it seems pointless now.

3) The Dany turn.  Okay, this one we should have seen coming.  She burned anybody who crossed her, she was full of herself and had this wrong-headed belief that she 'deserved' to be the ruler.  She's always been cruel -- remember the crucifixions? This season has been about her finally coming to understand that the ONLY thing she had was her dragons.  Without them she's a big zero.  Burning King's Landing to prove her might was a far shrewder move than being the merciful savior -- because most people didn't realize they needed saving anyway.  But the way it was handled just seemed abrupt. 

4) Convenience.  It's been a long-time problem with the show.  People just pop up across continents out of story necessity. Dany can't see a fleet of boats from her vantage point in the clear sky.  The fleet magically transports itself like people do.  

5) Dangling threads.  I get it.  Sometimes you just have them.  Nobody knows where the Russian went in Pine Barrens and that doesn't really matter in the long run.  But this?  So much left hanging.  Like... Where is Yara?  What did the Night King want?  Where does Bran go? Who's running Dorne? Who's running Highgarden? Who's running The Riverlands? What happened to the Iron Bank? What's going on at the Citadel or whatever it was called? What about the Stone People and the scale?  Who's running the Dothraki lands now that they jumped on boats to follow Dany?  Is that it for Tormund? Do we still need the Wall?  

6) WTF with Bran?  All that eye rolling and warging and three-eyed ravens and tree people and crying white trees.  What does any of that really matter?  There was always a 'magical' aspect to the show, something that was under the surface.  All that's really been sort of discarded now.  

7) A Girl Has No Name.  Wasted nearly two seasons on that and apparently the only point of it was for Arya to kill Walder Frey and then kill all his people.  That entire storyline has been abandoned.  So much potential there for her to take things over by killing and becoming Cersei or Jamie or practially anybody.  But let's just forget all that now. 

8) Forgotten prophecies.  For the show's entire run, it's been good about revealing the prophecies as they come to fruition.  All of Cersei's came true until they didn't.  And the savior Azor prophecy has now been trashed.  

9) Red herrings.  Three people have petted dragons on the nose.  Dany, who we know is a Targaryen,  Jon who we discovered is from that family and.... Tyrion.   Is there a point to that?  

10) The protected class.  This show hooked me when Ned lost his head.  I was stunned. It kept me enthralled when the Red Wedding turned red.  It tugged at me when Hodor's true nature was revealed.  But that's been a long time and as the seasons turned it lost that ability to surprise because like any other series you knew that certain characters were protected to the end.  Even the Jon Snow is dead fake out was empty.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2019, 10:55:42 PM »
It’s over.  

Before it started I told some friends I hoped they didn’t do something so trite as having Arya or Jon kill Dany and then do something so lame as making. Bran king.  

FML. 

The biggest disappointments to me were 1) in the end the season’s long mystery of Jon’s parentage didn’t matter at all; and 2) the Azor prophecy was completely discarded.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2019, 08:39:15 AM »
What a pantload.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2019, 09:07:56 AM »
What a pantload.
Be curious as to what specifically loaded your pants.  

It’s apparently incredibly difficult to end a great series.  So many failures.  Seinfeld. Dexter. How I raped your mother. Sopranos possibly (although that has aged well for me).  So few successes. Breaking Bad. Newhart.  

This wasnt Lumberjack Dexter bad.  But it was riding Fonzies motorcycle toward the shark cage at full speed.  The guys who adapted it proved adept at bringing Martins vision to life.  But when presented the opportunity to expand beyond that construct they proved to be TV executives, not creators. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »
Be curious as to what specifically loaded your pants. 

Plenty to harp on, but here are the high points from last night:

1) Jon can't pull rank on Greyworm and stop the prisoner killing?  At the very least, ask the prisoners, "Is anyone here loyal to Cersei?" and take the wind out of G's sails a bit and force a little more deliberation.

2) Arya lost her name for two seasons and the ultimate payoff is....?  It would have been truer to everyone's characters if she had recognized that Jon's a huge pussy who wouldn't kill Dany and she stole his face to do the deed.

3) The dragon has a bit more philosophical bent than most of the characters in the show and decides that the myopic pursuit of power was the killer of his mother and not the dumbshit standing there with the sword.

4) Do-nothing, sit on the sidelines Bran wins?  Jon's geneaology ultimately means fuck-all?  Arya is now Chris Columbus?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »
Plenty to harp on, but here are the high points from last night:

1) Jon can't pull rank on Greyworm and stop the prisoner killing?  At the very least, ask the prisoners, "Is anyone here loyal to Cersei?" and take the wind out of G's sails a bit and force a little more deliberation.

2) Arya lost her name for two seasons and the ultimate payoff is....?  It would have been truer to everyone's characters if she had recognized that Jon's a huge pussy who wouldn't kill Dany and she stole his face to do the deed.

3) The dragon has a bit more philosophical bent than most of the characters in the show and decides that the myopic pursuit of power was the killer of his mother and not the dumbshit standing there with the sword.

4) Do-nothing, sit on the sidelines Bran wins?  Jon's geneaology ultimately means fuck-all?  Arya is now Chris Columbus?
Agree all.  

Except Arya.  Can’t steal a live persons face I didn’t think.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »
Agree all. 

Except Arya.  Can’t steal a live persons face I didn’t think. 
Brings up an excellent question of whether or not JS is technically alive or just undead? Meh, it was a cluster all around. Sorry I watched it after the books ended. Not interested in reading any allegedly forthcoming books either because GRRM will probably punk out as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2019, 12:43:11 PM »
Agree all. 

In my scenario, Stone Cold Killa Arya offs Jon for the greater good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2019, 02:38:42 PM »
Agree all. 

Yes.  Yes you can.

Image result for Face off movie images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
Haven't seen a single episode. It sounds like Auburn football. Start seeing something good. Then........ Wtf Gus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions