Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barkley on TNT Pre-Game Show

Barkley on TNT Pre-Game Show
« on: February 14, 2013, 08:19:48 PM »
Watching TNT pre-game show before the Heat beat the crap out of the Thunder tonight.  Charles comes out in his suit and tie wearing a bloody head bandage.  Kenny Smith looks at him and asks what happened.

"Well, being a first class Auburn guy I decided to go down to Tuscaloosa so that I could offer my congratulations to the national championship football team, but before I could these four guys jumped me.  I don't know what happened but when I woke up all my credit cards were gone."

:aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Barkley on TNT Pre-Game Show
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »
Watching TNT pre-game show before the Heat beat the crap out of the Thunder tonight.  Charles comes out in his suit and tie wearing a bloody head bandage.  Kenny Smith looks at him and asks what happened.

"Well, being a first class Auburn guy I decided to go down to Tuscaloosa so that I could offer my congratulations to the national championship football team, but before I could these four guys jumped me.  I don't know what happened but when I woke up all my credit cards were gone."

:aubie:

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 02:21:28 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »
OK Barkley is now my number 1...Cam and Bo who?

OMG!!!  :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »
I remember seeing some golf tourney vid in which Charles is playing and interacting with fans. It's some charity tourney with UA and AU fans. Charles is talking with this lady on the tee box and he's complimentary of UA in the exchange and said, "Alabama is a good school, I liked Alabama a lot. I almost went there.(pause) but my grades were too good."

He has gone from being a bad ambassador for AU in his NBA days to a great one today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
I remember seeing some golf tourney vid in which Charles is playing and interacting with fans. It's some charity tourney with UA and AU fans. Charles is talking with this lady on the tee box and he's complimentary of UA in the exchange and said, "Alabama is a good school, I liked Alabama a lot. I almost went there.(pause) but my grades were too good."

He has gone from being a bad ambassador for AU in his NBA days to a great one today.

Always have liked Barkley, and though he says and does some stupid shit from time to time, he also says and does some funny ass shit like above that is totally harmless...unless you're a bammer.   You got high profile athletes/former athletes out there killing, raping, getting arrested for drugs, dui, robbery, getting caught on 'roids, and Charles, by some people is lumped in with these "bad boys" because he's outspoken, gambles (legally in Vegas) or a little rambunctious on the court?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »
He does say stupid shit but most of the time it is true.

Love him or hate him.... :awesome:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:01:26 AM »
Always have liked Barkley, and though he says and does some stupid shoot from time to time, he also says and does some funny ass shoot like above that is totally harmless...unless you're a bammer.   You got high profile athletes/former athletes out there killing, raping, getting arrested for drugs, dui, robbery, getting caught on 'roids, and Charles, by some people is lumped in with these "bad boys" because he's outspoken, gambles (legally in Vegas) or a little rambunctious on the court?

Well he did throw that guy out of a bar by way of plate glass window, but he's really cleaned up since then!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »
Well he did throw that guy out of a bar by way of plate glass window, but he's really cleaned up since then!

Yep, recall that, and also recall that the guy provoked the shit out of Barkley, and that Barkley made several attempts to avoid the confrontation to begin with.

A friend of mine with to HS with Charles and is good friends with him.  He says he's been with him in public numerous times where people tried to start shit with Charles completely out of nowhere.  Apparently just to see if they could get a reaction, and maybe collect some money from suing him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
That is fucking awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:33 AM »
I would say that's actually one of the lesser evils he has done publicly. The thing about Charles is that he does this stuff but he's so likable and funny, people can't hate him for long. You can't stay pissed at him. At least I can't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »
Tarheel and I ran into him one night in Mortens.  He was nothing but nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
Tarheel and I ran into him one night in Mortens.  He was nothing but nice.
Until you touched his face
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »
Now I know what it feels like to listen to the radio or watch a local news report every day as an Alabama fan in the state of Alabama. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
Now I know what it feels like to listen to the radio or watch a local news report every day as an Alabama fan in the state of Alabama.

Well, you're doing it with an education, and teeth, so it's a little different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
Scarbinsky doesn't think it's funny.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/scarbinsky_those_alabama_muggi.html#incart_river_default
Scarbinsky: Those Alabama muggings aren't funny, Charles Barkley
Kevin Scarbinsky
on February 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - “Charles Barkley said something stupid” is the dog bites man of news stories.

It happens so often, most of the time, it’s not newsy enough to be a story.

Barkley doesn’t just cross the line between good taste and bad. He erased it a long time ago.

But even he should’ve been sensitive enough to not go where he went Thursday night.

The “Inside the NBA” broadcast on TNT opened with Barkley wearing a bandage wrapped around his head with what looked like blood on it. His colleague, Ernie Johnson Jr., asked about it.

Here’s the exchange:

Barkley: “Ernie, you’re not gonna believe this. Being the Auburn guy that I am, I wanted to be first class. I went down to the University of Alabama to congratulate the Crimson Tide on winning the BCS Championship - and I got mugged. I got mugged in Tuscaloosa, Ernie, and my credit cards are missing.”

Kenny Smith: “You’re just an Alabama hater, man. Why don’t you leave those kids alone?”

Barkley: “Oh, it’s my fault they’re mugging people.”

No, Charles. It’s your fault that you think two Alabama students getting attacked on campus by Alabama football players, getting kicked in the ribs and back and knocked unconscious, is funny.

The muggings happened overnight Sunday, and Eddie Williams, Tyler Hayes and Dennis Pettway have been charged for their parts in the crime. They've been suspended and barred from campus by the university pending a judicial review. They've been indefinitely suspended from the football team.

There are plenty of ways for Auburn guys to poke fun at Alabama, and vice versa, that are funny. This wasn’t one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »
Get a sense of humor, gaywad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »
See?  As I said yesterday, I don't always agree with KS.  Here's the line that says it all:

"But even he should’ve been sensitive enough to not go where he went Thursday night."

This is just downright stupid.  Not because he's speaking ill of an Auburn man.  He's just looking for pub in the name of the almighty "Sensitivity".  Fuck that!  Barkely just says what everyone else is thinking.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
See?  As I said yesterday, I don't always agree with KS.  Here's the line that says it all:

"But even he should’ve been sensitive enough to not go where he went Thursday night."

This is just downright stupid.  Not because he's speaking ill of an Auburn man.  He's just looking for pub in the name of the almighty "Sensitivity".  Fuck that!  Barkely just says what everyone else is thinking.   

And this, in a nutshell, tells you all about Scarbo,  he's a whiny ass liberal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
Charles was making fun of the muggers not the muggees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions