Welcome to 3 months ago...

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Welcome to 3 months ago...
« on: February 15, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
The high cost of losing
by EDITORIAL BOARD

The Pope’s recent decision to step down has got us thinking. Does a man really need to have the same job for the rest of his life?

When it comes to Jay Jacobs, we don’t think so.

Jacobs has been athletic director since 2004, a tenure one year longer than the Pope, and his performance has left much to be desired. Sure, he hired Gene Chizik — that guy who got us a national championship — but one good year out of four lackluster or outright terrible seasons is not much to brag about.

We won’t go into detail about all the other coaches Jacobs has hired who are making sure we have an ample supply of losses.

They know who they are, especially basketball coach Tony Barbee, who told AL.com’s Joel Erikson he was “embarrassed” to coach the Tigers. No, this column is about Jacobs, the man behind the mediocrity.

In the SEC, and we would imagine all the other NCAA conferences agree, wins are all that matters. It’s not personal, but if you aren’t helping us win, then get out of the way.

Take the Pope for instance; he knows he can’t help anyone while he’s sick, so he makes way for someone who can.

Right now, Jacobs is our sick Pope. Unfortunately, he’s a little too comfortable in his gold throne at the athletic department.

Jacobs earns approximately $600,000 and can receive a max bonus of $150,000.

For what? Hiring losing coaches?

Schmoozing with SEC big wigs?

Near the end of last semester, we printed an editorial calling for Jacobs to be fired, and we aren’t backing down from that. We still stand by the notion that the ‘good-ole boy’ network, or the remnants of Pat Dye’s influence, needs to go away before our football program can truly compete with the likes of Bama. The athletic department needs a director that cares about wins, not honoring some archaic group of drinking buddies.

We like Pat Dye and are grateful for all he has done for the University, but it’s time to let go. The game has changed beyond recognition since he was coach. The SEC in 2013 is not the place for ancient traditions that hinder our ability to hire coaches that win.

Like we said, it’s not personal. Jacobs is a good guy. But nine years of subpar hiring decisions has made us tired and frustrated.

It’s time to make a change for the better.

We can’t be complacent and think Jacobs is the best man for the job simply because he’s the only one doing it. $600,000 is a lot of money to pay someone to be bad at their job.

http://www.theplainsman.com/view/full_story/21715773/article-The-high-cost-of-losing-?instance=editorials#ixzz2Kz4rBevd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Welcome to 3 months ago...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
I'm glad to see this being kept alive, especially by the University's own.  I do have a problem with singling out Dye, though.  I know it goes against the positions of some on here, but I just don't think the man has any real influence on day to day decisions in the athletic department.  I'd prefer he stay away from microphones for the most part, especially those owned by Paul Finebaum.  But as for him calling any shots at Auburn....not sure he even wants that.  Just guessing, though.

Now Jacobs...get him the hayull out....sharpish!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
Dye runs the quail and tree program at his farm.  Nothing that can be done about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
He reigns supreme.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »
JJ needs to be in the fucking soup line with the rest of bammers.

Three months I actually had to mow the lawn. Today, I actually had to mow the fucking lawn. WTF, is this February? And wtf kind of name is February anyway?

http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom/lock-picking/how-to-escape-from-zip-ties/

youtu.be/50xxj61wVII
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:12:06 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
Those are educational asshole. If they were SPAM, I would tell you they were spam, got it? You must be a cop or some law enforcement type of prick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
JJ needs to be in the fucking soup line with the rest of bammers.

Three months I actually had to mow the lawn. Today, I actually had to mow the fucking lawn. WTF, is this February? And wtf kind of name is February anyway?

http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom/lock-picking/how-to-escape-from-zip-ties/

youtu.be/50xxj61wVII
Is this real life?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:33 PM »
Those are educational asshole. If they were SPAM, I would tell you they were spam, got it? You must be a cop or some law enforcement type of prick.

Thank you for posting it, if ever there is a day that someone puts a zip-tie on my wrist, I will so thankful to know that if I jerk really hard while striking my leg, the zip-tie will break and I will be free.  Because I'm certain I'd never think to try that if put in that situation. 

And I'm even more thankful that you posted this retarded fucking link on a football related thread in a football related forum.  Because if I were looking for the super educational information on how to break out of a zip-tie, this thread is EXACTLY were I would start. 

You fucking dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

Furthermore, I'd really like to tell you that I hope you slowly die in a horrible fiery car wreck, but while I'm certain there isn't a single person in this world that gives more than 0 fucks about you, I don't need you committing suicide and someone trying to blame me for being a cyber bully.  And I only assume you are close to suicide, because, how can you not be? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Furthermore, I'd really like to tell you that I hope you slowly die in a horrible fiery car wreck, but while I'm certain there isn't a single person in this world that gives more than 0 fucks about you, I don't need you committing suicide and someone trying to blame me for being a cyber bully.  And I only assume you are close to suicide, because, how can you not be?

Because I have 100% recall or total recall, and that helps with programming robotics. Furthermore, this thread become somewhat of a joke on JJ and the rest of the crew within the AU athletics department and I want to share things in my life from 3 months ago. Three months ago I was in NYC with the Wall St movement. Three months ago I had tie wraps around my wrist and broke out of them. My cousin, who has tenure in the political science department of Hobart Williams and Smith Colleges in Geneva, NY was writing on the Wall St. movement and present at many of the rallies. She cares about me, along with many other folks with whom you don't know and will never know, at least in this life.

Have a nice life.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:16:48 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »
Thank you for posting it, if ever there is a day that someone puts a zip-tie on my wrist, I will so thankful to know that if I jerk really hard while striking my leg, the zip-tie will break and I will be free.  Because I'm certain I'd never think to try that if put in that situation. 

And I'm even more thankful that you posted this retarded fucking link on a football related thread in a football related forum.  Because if I were looking for the super educational information on how to break out of a zip-tie, this thread is EXACTLY were I would start. 

You fucking dumbass.

Well, the tie wrap is representative of how JJ has our hands tied and how we can break free. Is that simple enough for you Token? :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 10:41:13 PM »
Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.