Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For you non-motorcycle riding BMFP Lovers...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
For you non-motorcycle riding BMFP Lovers...
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
Assuming you don't owe the man your job because you are sleeping with him...

I am hearing two very contradictory statements with regards to BMFP - and I cannot get them to align in my mind.

On the one side are those of you who are all "CBMFP is a kick ass guy, will demand total control, won't be meddled with by the PTB, will kick ass and take names...".

On the other hand, you have statements like this:  "He just needs someone to give him a chance, some way to redeem himself... He'll be hungry for it..."

No way does the AUPTB give him a chance without a very short leash, which is exactly what started all the Tubby shit back in the day.  No way will the PTB give CBMFP total control.  And no way can he be a success without it.  If he feels like they are looking over his shoulder, waiting for him to fuck a cheerleader or something, then this is a trainwreck in the making.

Only a guy with a clean past can come in and demand top dollar and total control... AND GET IT.

Gary.  Patterson.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: For you non-motorcycle riding BMFP Lovers...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:41:13 AM »
Assuming you don't owe the man your job because you are sleeping with him...

I am hearing two very contradictory statements with regards to BMFP - and I cannot get them to align in my mind.

On the one side are those of you who are all "CBMFP is a kick ass guy, will demand total control, won't be meddled with by the PTB, will kick ass and take names...".

On the other hand, you have statements like this:  "He just needs someone to give him a chance, some way to redeem himself... He'll be hungry for it..."

No way does the AUPTB give him a chance without a very short leash, which is exactly what started all the Tubby shit back in the day.  No way will the PTB give CBMFP total control.  And no way can he be a success without it.  If he feels like they are looking over his shoulder, waiting for him to fuck a cheerleader or something, then this is a trainwreck in the making.

Only a guy with a clean past can come in and demand top dollar and total control... AND GET IT.

Gary.  Patterson.

It's like I think it and then you do your job and type it out for me.

Now make with the head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »
So you are saying that Houston Nutt is available?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »
So you are saying that Houston Nutt is available?

I think he has withdrawn his name from consideration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:52:31 AM »
Al Golden
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »

I dig Patterson and would support his hire...but...HALF of his team was dealing drugs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »
I dig Patterson and would support his hire...but...HALF of his team was dealing drugs.

Maybe we can score some?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 11:02:56 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »

Um... NO.  18 students were dealing - 4 of whom were football players.  They were immediately expelled.  FIve players failed the test - 11 others had trace amounts.  85 others were clean.  The ones that failed a drug test got internal punishments, until Pachall fucked up again, then he was gone.

I am seeing a lot of discipline here.  No, it ain't perfect, but it is better than what we have had.

A drug bust on and around Texas Christian University's campus in Fort Worth early Wednesday morning led to the arrest of 18 people, including four football players, school officials say.

According to the warrants, the following student-athletes were arrested on suspicion of selling marijuana: David (D.J.) W. Yendrey, a junior defensive tackle from Edna; Devin Johnson, a junior defensive back from Oklahoma City; Tanner Wilson Brock Jr., a junior linebacker from Copperas Cove; Tyler (Ty) Horn, a sophomore offensive tackle from McGregor.

"There are days people want to be a head football coach, but today is not one of those days," head football coach Gary Patterson said. "As I heard the news this morning, I was first shocked, then hurt, and now I'm mad. Under my watch, drugs and drug use by TCU's student-athletes will not be tolerated by me or any member of my coaching staff, period. Our program is respected nationally for its strong ethics and, for that reason, the players arrested today were separated from TCU by the university."

TCU Chancellor Victor J. Boschini Jr. said the busts are not football problem, but a student problem. He said it was shocking and disappointing to learn of the investigation and arrests.

Five TCU football players failed a drug test that was given to the team on Feb. 1.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported the positives were for marijuana and also said 11 other players had trace amounts of the drug in their sample that was within the margin of error and 86 players tested clean.

The tests were order by Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson after hearing reports of drug use among the team.

TCU starting quarterback Casey Pachall has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested for suspicion of driving while intoxicated early Thursday morning.

Coach Gary Patterson announced the suspension hours after police say Pachall was pulled over for running a stop sign near TCU's Fort Worth campus.

"My job as a head coach is to win games, educate our kids and help them with their lives," Patterson said in a statement. Pachall's "breath specimen" was over the legal limit (0.08), said Pedro Criado, Fort Worth police spokesman. Pachall was transferred to the Mansfield (Texas) jail, where he was later released on $1,000 bond.

Pachall, 21, lived in the same house as former TCU linebacker Tanner Brock, who was among four Horned Frogs football players arrested in February during a campus-wide drug bust. Pachall admitted to drug use in police interviews, but was not arrested.

TCU confirmed that Pachall had failed a Feb. 1 drug test, just two weeks before the arrests. Pachall attended a university drug and alcohol awareness program and was not suspended for any game time by Patterson.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:06:36 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
You see that as a problem, I see that as a go-getter attitude!  Besides whores ain't cheap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 11:20:09 AM »
Al Golden

I can't believe his name isn't getting pushed more in the press.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
You see that as a problem, I see that as a go-getter attitude!  Besides whores ain't cheap.

You are correct good sir.  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
I still just don't get the perceived downside of Petrino in regards to the scandal.  He was unfaithful to his wife, was going to get caught and paniced.  Yeah, it was bad PR and negative attention to Arky, but in the grand scheme of things, who really gives a shit about it?  After the first few games of the season, nobody would have been talking about it.  People make mistakes, and they learn from them.  He wasn't fucking little kids in the locker room.  He wasn't paying players.  Maybe it's me, but I just didn't see it as THAT big of a deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
I still just don't get the perceived downside of Petrino in regards to the scandal.  He was unfaithful to his wife, was going to get caught and paniced.  Yeah, it was bad PR and negative attention to Arky, but in the grand scheme of things, who really gives a shit about it?  After the first few games of the season, nobody would have been talking about it.  People make mistakes, and they learn from them.  He wasn't fucking little kids in the locker room.  He wasn't paying players.  Maybe it's me, but I just didn't see it as THAT big of a deal.

I agree.  That in and of itself is not that big of a deal. 
Couple it with jetgate and we need to stay the fuck away from it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
Did I hear correctly that James Franklin told e'rrbody to leave him be 'cause he's not leaving Anchor Down?

SportsRadio740 mentioned that in passing this morning.

Skreets anybody?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
Can I ask why we blame BMFP for jetgate?  I don't blame him for wanting the job.  It's hard for me to get pissed at him b/c Housel, Walker, Lowder and yellowfellow came a calling and offered him one of the premier jobs in CFB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
I agree.  That in and of itself is not that big of a deal. 
Couple it with jetgate and we need to stay the fuck away from it.
Jetgate wasn't Petrino's fault.  He was simply interviewing for a job. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
He broke every employment law in Arkansas and therefore made the University of Arkansas liable...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
Jetgate wasn't Petrino's fault.  He was simply interviewing for a job.

You can't have jetgate without him.

Interviewing for a position that is not open by your previous employer when you already have a job? 
You gotta treat the shit like a relationship.  If they will do it for you then they will do it to you.

Bad form any way you cut it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions