Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For you non-motorcycle riding BMFP Lovers...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: For you non-motorcycle riding BMFP Lovers...
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »

You can't have jetgate without him.

Interviewing for a position that is not open by your previous employer when you already have a job? 
You gotta treat the shit like a relationship.  If they will do it for you then they will do it to you.

Bad form any way you cut it.

He is ABSOLUTELY at fault for jetgate.  It's not like Housel, et. al. just popped in all "Surprise!!".  He knew they were coming, and did not tell them to stay the hell away unless they went through proper channels.  He fucked his old boss Tubby, and his current boss Louisville, without so much as a concern for anything other than himself.  He is a narcissistic self-centered (is that redundant?  Whatever, still true)asshole.

PLUS the way he actually left Louisville for the Falcons - signed a contract extension with LVL and then less than a month later took the ATL job.  Then left the Falcons before the end of the season (!!) to take the Arky job.  He did not get the name Suitcase for nothing, folks. 

Who's to say he won't hang out at AU long enough to redeem himself and then bolt for the Turds when Saban finally strokes out on the sideline?  If it seems like it's in BMFP's best interests, then that's what he does.  He looks out for himself.

ESPECIALLY if the AUPTB try and use the whole "You owe us for giving you a second chance" thing and beat him to death with it.  It's not like our PTB are real good at staying the fuck out of the AD and the football program.

Fucking the help is a bad thing - but like the Lawyer that cares about your Taxes said - he broke numerous state laws in hiring an unqualified candidate for improper reasons and having an improper relationship with another state employee as well...  It was not just a personal matter between him and the Missus - that shit happens.  What he did is egregious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
I still just don't get the perceived downside of Petrino in regards to the scandal.  He was unfaithful to his wife, was going to get caught and paniced.  Yeah, it was bad PR and negative attention to Arky, but in the grand scheme of things, who really gives a shit about it?  After the first few games of the season, nobody would have been talking about it.  People make mistakes, and they learn from them.  He wasn't fucking little kids in the locker room.  He wasn't paying players.  Maybe it's me, but I just didn't see it as THAT big of a deal.

Having and affair with a young hottie is not that big of a deal.  Putting the hottie on the payroll in a job that had 150 or so other applicants, many of which are much more qualified, is what makes it a big deal.  I still think he is a hell of a coach, also think he is a hell of an asshole.  Maybe even as big of one as Saban. 
     He will land somewhere, and wherever he lands will get better quickly.  It will be interesting to see if getting fired at Arkansas taught him any humility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
He is ABSOLUTELY at fault for jetgate.  It's not like Housel, et. al. just popped in all "Surprise!!".  He knew they were coming, and did not tell them to stay the hell away unless they went through proper channels.  He fucked his old boss Tubby, and his current boss Louisville, without so much as a concern for anything other than himself.  He is a narcissistic self-centered (is that redundant?  Whatever, still true)asshole.

PLUS the way he actually left Louisville for the Falcons - signed a contract extension with LVL and then less than a month later took the ATL job.  Then left the Falcons before the end of the season (!!) to take the Arky job.  He did not get the name Suitcase for nothing, folks. 

Who's to say he won't hang out at AU long enough to redeem himself and then bolt for the Turds when Saban finally strokes out on the sideline?  If it seems like it's in BMFP's best interests, then that's what he does.  He looks out for himself.

ESPECIALLY if the AUPTB try and use the whole "You owe us for giving you a second chance" thing and beat him to death with it.  It's not like our PTB are real good at staying the fuck out of the AD and the football program.

Fucking the help is a bad thing - but like the Lawyer that cares about your Taxes said - he broke numerous state laws in hiring an unqualified candidate for improper reasons and having an improper relationship with another state employee as well...  It was not just a personal matter between him and the Missus - that shit happens.  What he did is egregious.

#winning   :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 03:30:47 PM »

You forget the covering up part which also included a po-po lying.

Seriously though how do you tell kids not to do this or that, when you have no morals yourself?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »

Stupid, cause everyone knows Saban didn't want Chizik fired.  Hell he was his number one fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 03:33:19 PM »
Stupid, cause everyone knows Saban didn't want Chizik fired.  Hell he was his number one fan.

Thought the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

noxin

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »
If only you fuckers loved Auburn as much as Bobby P.

Willing to stab his old buddy in the back for a chance to coach there....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »

Seriously though how do you tell kids not to do this or that, when you have no morals yourself?

That's one of my biggest concerns with BMFP.  We now know that discipline was the biggest issue.  Even the cleanest guy is going to have trouble unfucking the culture that's been developing for 4 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
That's one of my biggest concerns with BMFP.  We now know that discipline was the biggest issue.  Even the cleanest guy is going to have trouble unfucking the culture that's been developing for 4 years.

I wonder how much of that culture was Trooper's responsibility
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 06:30:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »
If only you fuckers loved Auburn as much as Bobby P.

Willing to stab his old buddy in the back for a chance to coach there....
I thought this was rather funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Yoda

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »

Well we did have a coach with morals and he was a good man, but he wasn't able to instill discipline.

I'd take BP today, no I don't agree with the things he has done but I also don't hold it against him.  Everyone makes mistakes.  To blame him for Jetgate is just stupid.  It actually tells me that he gives a shit and is a competitor.  I don't fault a guy that wants to better his career and move onto a better job.  If the PTB at a school are looking for a new coach why not talk to them.  Not taking the job because you use to work for the guy is just dumb. 

Everyone wants to relate college football to their own job or life but it's not.  It is a dog eat dog world I want the hungriest dog to lead my team. This is not a job for the weak of the fat and happy.  Petrino is the best choice for the situation we are in.  He may not be the best for 6,7 or 8 years from now but at the present he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
Well we did have a coach with morals and he was a good man, but he wasn't able to instill discipline.

I'd take BP today, no I don't agree with the things he has done but I also don't hold it against him.  Everyone makes mistakes.  To blame him for Jetgate is just stupid.  It actually tells me that he gives a shoot and is a competitor.  I don't fault a guy that wants to better his career and move onto a better job.  If the PTB at a school are looking for a new coach why not talk to them.  Not taking the job because you use to work for the guy is just dumb. 

Everyone wants to relate college football to their own job or life but it's not.  It is a dog eat dog world I want the hungriest dog to lead my team. This is not a job for the weak of the fat and happy.  Petrino is the best choice for the situation we are in.  He may not be the best for 6,7 or 8 years from now but at the present he is.

Really?  According to rumors the NCAA is still sniffing around.  At the first hint that something is going down he would jump ship as fast as, oh I don't know, an NFL coach who's QB just got arrested for torturing small animals.  Just as an off the wall example.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Yoda

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 10:22:49 PM »
Really?  According to rumors the NCAA is still sniffing around.  At the first hint that something is going down he would jump ship as fast as, oh I don't know, an NFL coach who's QB just got arrested for torturing small animals.  Just as an off the wall example.

Where is he going to go, remember he has baggage.  Even if we only have him for 2 years, our program will be better off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
I wonder how much of that culture was Trooper's responsibility

If he caused it, he was allowed to by Chiz.  People read a lot in to him backwards hat and towel waiving, but now he's been fired, and still showing up for work.  Things that make you go hmmm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »

That's why you put those things in a contract goober. Atlanta was stupid for not protecting itself better. But then again it IS the Falcons so..... Arky did it masterfully.

People were also saying these same type hypotheticals about Saban as well. All of you anti BP fans sure are coming up with a ton of non existing hypotheticals as reasons not to hire him. None of the hypotheticals shouted from the rooftops about saban have happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »
If he caused it, he was allowed to by Chiz.  People read a lot in to him backwards hat and towel waiving, but now he's been fired, and still showing up for work.  Things that make you go hmmm?
HA! Pate says he'd keep him around bc he unnerves the rest of the SEC.

Reports have Luper and Trooper still on the job.
Makes you wonder about the timing of the investigation reports and length of the supposed search.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
HA! Pate says he'd keep him around bc he unnerves the rest of the SEC.

Reports have Luper and Trooper still on the job.
Makes you wonder about the timing of the investigation reports and length of the supposed search.
Wow you are like a regular Sherlock Jones

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=20140.msg297751#msg297751
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
Wow you are like a regular Sherlock Jones

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=20140.msg297751#msg297751

Bottom feeder, jmar and prowler. The dream team of skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »
Bottom feeder, jmar and prowler. The dream team of skreets.
Or as I call them the triumvirate brain trust.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum