Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

American Horror Story

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
American Horror Story
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
Walking Dead is decent...but this shit is freaking awesome.

Watch the first 5 minutes here. Premiere is this Wednesday!

http://www.facebook.com/americanhorrorstory/app_216209925175894
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Walking Dead is decent...but this shit is freaking awesome.

Watch the first 5 minutes here. Premiere is this Wednesday!

http://www.facebook.com/americanhorrorstory/app_216209925175894

I caught a few of them last season and thought it was ok. Of course I have this ability to see a show I want to watch and never do. I will say that this season of American Horror Story has creepy all over it
and I plan on watching it. It helps that the wife wants to watch as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »
I have the bad habit of DVR'ing a show for the entire season without watching.  Then after two or three episodes into the next season I will get catch up b/c I usually watch a string of them all in one night.  I had season one on the DVR and was thinking about 3 weeks into this new season I would start.  My wife somehow deleted everything on our DVR three weeks ago.  So no AHS or SOA.  I have to go buy the box sets now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
I have the bad habit of DVR'ing a show for the entire season without watching.  Then after two or three episodes into the next season I will get catch up b/c I usually watch a string of them all in one night.  I had season one on the DVR and was thinking about 3 weeks into this new season I would start.  My wife somehow deleted everything on our DVR three weeks ago.  So no AHS or SOA.  I have to go buy the box sets now.

You missed out on Season 1. It was fantastic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
You missed out on Season 1. It was fantastic.

After watching that trailer, I am probably heading to movie stop for my lunch break to get it along with the Sons of Anarchy that she deleted.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
After watching that trailer, I am probably heading to movie stop for my lunch break to get it along with the Sons of Anarchy that she deleted.   :facepalm:

Just FYI...

You don't have to watch Season 1 to understand Season 2. Season 2 will be a completely new story as season 1 finished up at the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
Just FYI...

You don't have to watch Season 1 to understand Season 2. Season 2 will be a completely new story as season 1 finished up at the end.

Didn't realize that.  I still have to get season one.  Connie Britton.......damn, just damn!

Edit:  I would punch you in the throat for a chance with that woman!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:17:33 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Didn't realize that.  I still have to get season one.  Connie Britton.......damn, just damn!

Edit:  I would punch you in the throat for a chance with that woman!

for the most part...i think WE!!! is right...although, i think a story arc will definitely be carried from season 1 to 2.

i'll hold him while you take a punch ...then i'll claim sloppy seconds.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:07 AM »
My $0.02.

Season one, in my humble opinion, was the best season of any television show of all time. Bold, I know, but that's my personal opinion. It kept you guessing and wondering WTF is going on better than Lost ever did. And by the season's conclusion actually answered them all, despite opening up new ones each week. It was by far scarier and more interesting than Walking Dead. To me, psychological, creepy kind of scary is far better than jumpy, gorey "scary".

I will certainly still watch season 2, but I have a feeling that it will play like a typical horror sequel to season one. Take Friday the 13th Part II for example, or Hellraiser II, or Saw II, or Final Destination II, or for God's sake, Halloween Part III. The story really should have ended with the first one. Every sequel thereafter is a bit of a stretch and a further departure from the original.

That being said, definitely watch the first season. I think there will be little throwbacks that will make more sense if you saw it. Jessica Lange's character is the "link" to the last season. Apparently some of the other "ghosts", like the gay couple, will be in this one too.

I have season one all digitally. Don't really know a way that I could get them to you, though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:29:15 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
for the most part...i think WE!!! is right...although, i think a story arc will definitely be carried from season 1 to 2.

i'll hold him while you take a punch ...then i'll claim sloppy seconds.

Deal!   :thumsup:

To me, psychological, creepy kind of scary is far better than jumpy, gorey "scary".

Good points.  I am the saw way as above.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the good old fashioned horror movie, but I would much rather watch something that makes me go "oh, holy shit!  The fuck did I just watch. Welp, time to lock the doors b/c there are some strange ass people in this world."

Sometimes the warped, twisted, shock value carries a lot more weight with me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »
Sometimes the warped, twisted, shock value carries a lot more weight with me.

This show will be right up your ally then...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
Horror movies lost me years ago when it became a competition to see who could out-gore the other.  Just does nothing for me.  The "psychological creepy" statement is spot on.  Many moons ago, George C. Scott was in a movie where he moved into this old house after the death of his family in a car wreck.  Turns out there was a little handicapped boy killed in the house by his father, when he drown him in the tub. 

Scott would hear banging upstairs, which was the boy hitting the side of the tub while being drowned.  Every now and then, a little rubber ball the boy used to play with, would come rolling in the room.  Scott does his research and finds out it's the boy's ghost.  One night, he takes the ball and drives out to a bridge and throws the ball in the river.  He drives back to the house, opens the front door....and here comes the wet ball, bouncing down the stairs and stops at his feet.

That's the kind of "horror" flick I like.  Rubber ball horror.         
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
Horror movies lost me years ago when it became a competition to see who could out-gore the other.  Just does nothing for me.  The "psychological creepy" statement is spot on.  Many moons ago, George C. Scott was in a movie where he moved into this old house after the death of his family in a car wreck.  Turns out there was a little handicapped boy killed in the house by his father, when he drown him in the tub. 

Scott would hear banging upstairs, which was the boy hitting the side of the tub while being drowned.  Every now and then, a little rubber ball the boy used to play with, would come rolling in the room.  Scott does his research and finds out it's the boy's ghost.  One night, he takes the ball and drives out to a bridge and throws the ball in the river.  He drives back to the house, opens the front door....and here comes the wet ball, bouncing down the stairs and stops at his feet.

That's the kind of "horror" flick I like.  Rubber ball horror.       

I thought you liked Little German Boy IPA's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
I thought you liked Little German Boy IPA's?

After a long day at the office, there's nothing like wrapping your lips around a Little German Boy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
After a long day at the office, there's nothing like wrapping your lips around a Little German Boy
Letting the hops swish around in your mouth, before swallowing.

You big ghey bitch...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
Letting the hops swish around in your mouth, before swallowing.

You big ghey bitch...

Mmmmm....Little German Boys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 03:11:58 PM »
I think that this season will have some of the same actors, but they will be playing completely different roles and story lines. I don't think anything is going to carry over. Jessica Lange will be in the show, but she doesn't play Constance. She will play a new character by the name of Sister Jude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
I think that this season will have some of the same actors, but they will be playing completely different roles and story lines. I don't think anything is going to carry over. Jessica Lange will be in the show, but she doesn't play Constance. She will play a new character by the name of Sister Jude.

i stand corrected.  i was under the impression jessica lange would be playing her role from the 1st season, but tell the story at a much earlier time. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
By the way, I am dissappointed the Alex Breckenridge won't be in this season. She is...ok...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 03:48:11 PM »
I try to stay away from spoilers, so I had no idea about this.

But I just read all this here.

http://www.ibtimes.com/%E2%80%98american-horror-story%E2%80%99-season-2-spoilers-find-out-what-jessica-lange-adam-levine-and-evan-peters

WTF? This definitely supports my theory that it's going to be probably too much of a departure to even justify calling it the same thing.

Also, because I'm a huge dork, canonical discrepancies drive me insane. I don't even like when movie sequels use the same actor to play a different role from film to film. Fuck's sake, this is like half the cast playing different roles, like each season is a different sketch comedy bit or something. Doing that takes you out of that world, because in that reality we've bought into, there's already someone else that looks exactly like that person, and unless you at least explain it away as them being an ancestor (which is still a pretty cheap explanation), it makes no fucking sense.

I'll try to reserve judgement, but I hope they at least try to connect it to the first season in some substantial way other than the title and the cast...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions