Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

American Horror Story

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 08:42:32 PM »
WTF? This definitely supports my theory that it's going to be probably too much of a departure to even justify calling it the same thing.

Which explains why they gave it a subtitle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »
I'll try to reserve judgement, but I hope they at least try to connect it to the first season in some substantial way other than the title and the cast...

They will not. 

It's why the show won awards for being a mini series. 

Each show is its own separate arc. 

Think local theater where all the actors play a different role in whatever play they're putting on each season. 

Think movies. 

Did Michael Corleone prevent you from enjoying Tony Montana? 
Did young Vito Corleone (Godfather 2) prevent you from enjoying Jimmy Conway (Goodfellas)?
Did Vivian Ward prevent you from enjoying Erin Brockovitch?
Did Tony Manero prevent you from enjoying Vincent Vega?

Actors play different roles.  Doesn't bother me in the least. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 10:59:15 PM »
It bothered me that Jason Lee played Brody AND Banky AND Azrael. Same with Ben Affleck in those same movies. And those weren't even sequels. But Jay & Silent Bob were the common thread. Is Chris Evans Captain America or Johnny Storm??

That's a fairer comparison than completely different films that exist in different universes.

I guess I was just hoping they would expand on the story I loved. While they closed all the doors and wrapped the season up nicely, they still left open the possibility of going forward with Lange's character.

I guess I'll have to come to terms with this very unconventional way they're handling this.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:05:15 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 11:45:10 PM »
Seriously underwhelmed. 

Felt like it tried to be freaky for the sake of freaky and pushed too hard to jam random shit in everywhere.   

Two blowjobs, a jerkoff, a straight fuck with a hand-lick start, two bare asses and a horny nun?  I couldn't keep it all together. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 08:30:42 AM »
Seriously underwhelmed. 

Felt like it tried to be freaky for the sake of freaky and pushed too hard to jam random shit in everywhere.   

Two blowjobs, a jerkoff, a straight fuck with a hand-lick start, two bare asses and a horny nun?  I couldn't keep it all together.

Yeah...I wasn't impressed in the least. If I didn't like the last season so much, I wouldn't even watch a second episode. I will give it another shot...maybe 2...but of it doesn't do anything better than tonight, I'm out...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
Yeah...I wasn't impressed in the least. If I didn't like the last season so much, I wouldn't even watch a second episode. I will give it another shot...maybe 2...but of it doesn't do anything better than tonight, I'm out...

It's like they didn't understand WHY people watched last season. 

It wasn't for the weird, kinky shit.  I mean it was for that but also because the story was compelling and the weird kinky shit helped move things along. 

Agree that if this was the first season I'd be done and not watch it any more.  But because the first season was quality I'll hang in a bit longer. 

Same with Walking Dead.  Season Two very nearly lost me completely.  All the farm shit and the whole Maury Povich "who the baby daddy" angle was numbing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »
It's like they didn't understand WHY people watched last season. 

It wasn't for the weird, kinky shit.  I mean it was for that but also because the story was compelling and the weird kinky shit helped move things along. 

Agree that if this was the first season I'd be done and not watch it any more.  But because the first season was quality I'll hang in a bit longer. 

Same with Walking Dead.  Season Two very nearly lost me completely.  All the farm shit and the whole Maury Povich "who the baby daddy" angle was numbing.

That...and I am not impressed with the "alien" theme...

That just doesn't do anything for me either...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
Avoided this thread until I had a chance to watch I tonight.

Totally agree with what has been said though.

I still said "What the fuck am I watching right now?" but with an entirely different inflection.

Seemed a lot more Nip/Tuckish.

The show should be called Retards & Ghosts Across Time, as that would better convey the link between this season & last.

The alien angle actually kind of intrigues me, though. At least that's taking on a new angle so we're not just seeing a regurgitated carbon copy of last season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
I fell asleep.  Tried a second time...again dosed off three times.  I miss Connie. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
Just watched watched the second episode...

It's definitely getting interesting now. Hope yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 09:34:21 AM »
So did everyone give up on this?

It's gotten pretty interesting. Didn't think I'd like it, but I do.

I guess I've gotten over the uncoventional way that these seasons are "linked". They exist in entirely different universes. More like a director's second movie than a sequel to his first. Like every Tim Burton movie starring Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter.

Anyway, much like the first season, each episode brings a new layer of WTF.

This is show is like the History Channel's wet dream. Aliens, Nazis, Demonic Possession...Ghosts?

I dig it. I enjoy Walking Dead as well, but for some reason still prefer this show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 09:36:41 AM »
I actually just started watching it again last week.  I am liking this season so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »
Yeah, first episode sucked. Second one was really really good and the rest have fallen back in line.

I think the first episode just tried to do too much. It tried to be too edgy and it took away from what made season 1 great. This show is edgy enough without having to pump all the other bullshit in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »
Okay...bumpity bump bump.  I paid little or no attention to this thread before since I had never seen 30 seconds of the show.  Is this the same or different from AHS Asylum?  Because I watched Asylum the last couple of weeks and that's some weird stuff....that I can't figure out or turn away from. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
Okay...bumpity bump bump.  I paid little or no attention to this thread before since I had never seen 30 seconds of the show.  Is this the same or different from AHS Asylum?  Because I watched Asylum the last couple of weeks and that's some weird stuff....that I can't figure out or turn away from.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »
I LOL'ed at "The Name Game" scene.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
I LOL'ed at "The Name Game" scene.

See, that's what I'm talking about.  It goes from this Broadway production of "Name Game" to a possessed nun raping a priest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
:facepalm:

Your posts are hurtful, nookie. Do not expect to see me at the pancake social on Wednesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 12:06:53 PM »
See, that's what I'm talking about.  It goes from this Broadway production of "Name Game" to a possessed nun raping a priest.
You're fucking up big-time coming in in the middle.

As discussed in this thread, each season are completely unrelated so you can pick up at the beginning of a new season, but don't even try to follow one after picking up in the middle.

Do yourself a favor and catch up. If they're not on Netflix yet, start with Season 1 just because it's awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »
You're fucking up big-time coming in in the middle.

As discussed in this thread, each season are completely unrelated so you can pick up at the beginning of a new season, but don't even try to follow one after picking up in the middle.

Do yourself a favor and catch up. If they're not on Netflix yet, start with Season 1 just because it's awesome.

So "Asylum" is the same as what you guys have been talking about?  I'll go back and catch up, maybe this weekend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions